Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma rework

(XBOX)AntiCaesar

Chroma. A dragon, a tank, offense and defense.

Spectral Scream: This ability really sucks, low damage and if you mod for Vex and Ward, the range would be useless anyways. I think that this ability should become a CC ability. UsEs your energy color to determine the effect.

Elemental Ward: Good, but needs to be recastable.

Vex Armor: Same situation as Elemental Ward.

Effigy: Excalibur's EB is better than effigy, efficiency and damage wise. Either buff Effigy while lowering the energy per second or make it so you can fly around.

This of course is just how I would like to see one of my favorite frames to be reworked, feel free to leave your opinion about Chroma's abilities too!

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

The only thing I'd change is made increasing the status chance of spectral scream. 

I wouldn't make vex armor recastable because that would make it too op.

Too op? If a frame can only use 2 of the 4 abilities he has the 2 he uses better be good. No one ever uses spectrla scram or effigy ever.

5 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Too op? If a frame can only use 2 of the 4 abilities he has the 2 he uses better be good. No one ever uses spectrla scram or effigy ever.

How many frames do you see spamming their 1 ability? Aside from Atlas there's really no reason to use 1 unless it's situiational, it's not an excuse to ask for a buff to you can spam a low energy ability to delete everything you look at.  As for Effigy, I see chromas using it almost all the time, I've never seen anyone actualy complain about this ability and even tatical potato thinks Chroma is very strong for how flexable he is and tha guys mains him with 0  complaints. 

Edited by xFrostKnightx

I have no complaints either. Recastable 2 and 3 is quality of life improvement. not like you will ever die while recasting it as of now.

Casting vex and ew is 50+75= 125.  It's more than an Ult cost. For that I expect it to be recastable. If not, nothing happens. Chroma is still crazy good.

Also, please avoid quoting youtubers as proof of something. They are not gods, just other more known players with their opinions and pov. What they say is not the gospel truth.

Chroma's Effigy is better than Excalibur's Exalted Blade if for only one thing: Stun. Casting Effigy sends out an AoE stun with a pretty sick range and, coupled with Cold, functions as a double CC with that stun and the slowing. If you ever actually go into the late game, you should know CC > damage. The problem with Effigy, at that point, is actually with its health and not the energy use. Modding for Vex Armor and Elemental Ward (for Cold, at least) makes it to where Effigy is a CC primary and has a fairly long lasting life energy wise, just the health gets shredded in late game.

As for Elemental Ward and Vex Armor itself, I do agree they need to be recastable.

9 hours ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

Chroma's Effigy is better than Excalibur's Exalted Blade if for only one thing: Stun. Casting Effigy sends out an AoE stun with a pretty sick range and, coupled with Cold, functions as a double CC with that stun and the slowing. If you ever actually go into the late game, you should know CC > damage. The problem with Effigy, at that point, is actually with its health and not the energy use. Modding for Vex Armor and Elemental Ward (for Cold, at least) makes it to where Effigy is a CC primary and has a fairly long lasting life energy wise, just the health gets shredded in late game.

As for Elemental Ward and Vex Armor itself, I do agree they need to be recastable.

Effigy has a crazy drain and the CC isn't that good. EB has a slide attack with a mini blind, and you can cast blind while using EB. If they improved the health and drain, it would be okay with me.

13 hours ago, xFrostKnightx said:

How many frames do you see spamming their 1 ability? Aside from Atlas there's really no reason to use 1 unless it's situiational, it's not an excuse to ask for a buff to you can spam a low energy ability to delete everything you look at.  As for Effigy, I see chromas using it almost all the time, I've never seen anyone actualy complain about this ability and even tatical potato thinks Chroma is very strong for how flexable he is and tha guys mains him with 0  complaints. 

Yes, I love Chroma too, but the CC ability would just stun, and have a special effect depending on your element. It's gonna be for CC, not damage. (i.e. Radial Blind)

I don't know if it seems to be swooshing over the heads of some people but DE only take community input for certain things at certain times.

When it comes to "reworks" (nerfs, say it for what it is) they take it all on themselves.

You can put forward ideas for days, it probably won't happen. 

If DE decide to rework Chroma, it will be how they want and it may not be what you want. 

Long story short, be careful what you ask for. 

Edited by Ailissa

5 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I don't know if it seems to be swooshing over the heads of some people but DE only take community input for certain things at certain times.

When it comes to "reworks" (nerfs, say it for what it is) they take it all on themselves.

You can put forward ideas for days, it probably won't happen. 

If DE decide to rework Chroma, it will be how they want and it may not be what you want. 

Long story short, be careful what you ask for. 

This. Yea, but this topic is just my idea and not official . 

1 minute ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

This. Yea, but this topic is just my idea and not official . 

I just worry when someone says "this is my favourite frame" and then an idea for a rework I just get thoughts of DE doing something completely different and completely killing someone's favourite frame.

16 hours ago, (XB1)AntiCaesar said:

Chroma. A dragon, a tank, offense and defense.

Spectral Scream: This ability really sucks, low damage and if you mod for Vex and Ward, the range would be useless anyways. I think that this ability should become a CC ability. UsEs your energy color to determine the effect.

Elemental Ward: Good, but needs to be recastable.

Vex Armor: Same situation as Elemental Ward.

Effigy: Excalibur's EB is better than effigy, efficiency and damage wise. Either buff Effigy while lowering the energy per second or make it so you can fly around.

This of course is just how I would like to see one of my favorite frames to be reworked, feel free to leave your opinion about Chroma's abilities too!

You don't understand how useful Chroma's pelt is if you're gonna compare directional channeled damage with AOE channeled elemental damage + High cc.

I really hope they only change scream to cycle elements and thats it. 

Vex/Ward being recastable results in Chroma gaining perma Vex armor and at 5.6 damage modiffor 5x armor minimum this spells trouble for balance.

Mix that with recastable wards youll gain rapid healing/shield charge.

You effectively become inaros with Chroma damage and cant die. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I really hope they only change scream to cycle elements and thats it. 

Vex/Ward being recastable results in Chroma gaining perma Vex armor and at 5.6 damage modiffor 5x armor minimum this spells trouble for balance.

Mix that with recastable wards youll gain rapid healing/shield charge.

You effectively become inaros with Chroma damage and cant die. 

You can still die with recastable EW VA.

Nullies eff you up.

Corpus tech eff you up

Bursas eff you up

Energy leech, venomous, disruptor eximi eff you up

Magnetic proc still eff you up.

Falling through the map and respawning eff s your abilities up

High level enemies eff you up real fast regardless of your 96% damage reduction.

You can still die alot of different ways, and you still have to recast the abilities each time before the counter hits 0 or after. Counting that we have 2 frames which are invincible at the press of only one button and that's it, recastable EWVA is not unbalanced, since its basically 125 energy every 30 seconds which correlates to 4.1 energy per second to keep your buffs up AND you have to take damage for it to work.

1 hour ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Nullies eff you up.

No they dont since you can attack them long before the bubble touches you, melee far outside bubble range works as well.

Corpus tech eff you up

Bursas eff you up

Energy leech, venomous, disruptor eximi eff you up

Energy leech messes up anyone and rage counters it, higher mission level the harder rage counters leech. Leech isnt permanent either while rage, passive energy gain and mashing fire chroma wards heal by 300+ hp a button press.

Falling through the map and respawning eff s your abilities up

Thats any frame and still doesnt help the whole balance argument since he doesn't sacrifice anything to maintain maximum upkeep.

High level enemies eff you up real fast regardless of your 96% damage reductio

Frames are not balanced around fighting level 270+s. 98% of this game can not damage you to that extent. Even a lvl 100 bombard is not blowing you away if a full tank from a sentient beam tickles.

you still have to recast the abilities each time before the counter hits 0 or after.

For the sake of balance if the bonuses never reset to 0 he can just constantly regen energy and hp while running around with a 5.6 damage modifier and 96% damage reduction.

Theres no longer a risk vs reward, he already top teir and your idea is just going to make him flat out shattered.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

For the sake of balance if the bonuses never reset to 0 he can just constantly regen energy and hp while running around with a 5.6 damage modifier and 96% damage reduction.

Theres no longer a risk vs reward, he already top teir and your idea is just going to make him flat out shattered.

If he's such a top tier warframe then why does barely anyone use him beyond credit farms?

Personally the major turn off I have for him is that the timer keeps resetting the Armor bonus forcing him to alternate between semi squishy and tanky everytime. 

I don't care about the damage multiplier (it could diminish over time for all care), I just don't like that he relies so heavily on a timer for such an important part of his main kit. 

For his 4, I couldn't find info on this so idk if it's already like this, but if his Effigy takes 50% of his armor I expect that armor to get applied to it.

I don't think his 2 should be recastable either, it's much less annoying to recast than his Vex Armor, because unlike Vex Armor the bonus doesn't need to be recharged and is consistent throught the duration.

And imo his 1 could use more range but I don't care much about it.

Lua and sorties i see chroma constantly paired with a tigris prime.

Runs right up to sentients during their beams pops ward/vex and 1 second later both sentients are on the floor.

Same with sorties he just face tanks and blows everything to pieces. Only reason hes not god teir is because he cant rapidly restore his hp through ward recasts while upkeeping a 96% damage reduction.  Rage gives him more energy than he needs, coupled by either primed flow or streamline and hes set. 

Hp mod, armor, narrowminded, blind rage, intensify, p(flow)/streamline, p(continuity), rage, power drift and energy siphon/steel charge/ corrosive p yadda yadda with fire/ice hes top teir in 2 button presses.

If he can maintain them perpetually by being shot at theres no balance especially since rage feeds energy and he can heal 300 hp a button press and vex lasting upwards of a minute.

Sure he "jumps" from being squishy to tanky and theres its balance without the fall off hes just out of control.

Effigy taking 50% of his armor and being applied to effigy i agree with.  

4 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Lua and sorties i see chroma constantly paired with a tigris prime.

Runs right up to sentients during their beams pops ward/vex and 1 second later both sentients are on the floor.

Same with sorties he just face tanks and blows everything to pieces. Only reason hes not god teir is because he cant rapidly restore his hp through ward recasts while upkeeping a 96% damage reduction.  Rage gives him more energy than he needs, coupled by either primed flow or streamline and hes set. 

Hp mod, armor, narrowminded, blind rage, intensify, p(flow)/streamline, p(continuity), rage, power drift and energy siphon/steel charge/ corrosive p yadda yadda with fire/ice hes top teir in 2 button presses.

If he can maintain them perpetually by being shot at theres no balance especially since rage feeds energy and he can heal 300 hp a button press and vex lasting upwards of a minute.

Sure he "jumps" from being squishy to tanky and theres its balance without the fall off hes just out of control.

Effigy taking 50% of his armor and being applied to effigy i agree with.  

I guess the ps4 community is different then. I did a lot of Lua for some Stofler levelling, sentient killing riven challenges and the 3 drift mod required for the Sedna junction. All full public and I have not seen a single Chroma there. Mostly Valkyrs and Excals.

I guess we just disagree on that part then, I can see what you mean, but it's just a major annoying factor to me while using him and it's litterally the only thing that's stopping me from using him a lot more.

I put 4 forma on Chroma after I saw the skin, maybe just the skin will be enough to get me to play him more,or maybe just for a little bit.

I main chroma and personally find him perfect as he is. There was a megathread created about altering his abilities should ever be done. But right now his fire, ice and electric builds are fine. His toxic form needs a few tweaks but beyond that he is in a class of his own when it comes to tanking and his EW also adds some support to a squad. 

Having EW and VA recastable is unnessacery and if your worried about energy cost than go build up zenurik or run with a EV trin.

6 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

No they dont since you can attack them long before the bubble touches you, melee far outside bubble range works as well.

Energy leech messes up anyone and rage counters it, higher mission level the harder rage counters leech. Leech isnt permanent either while rage, passive energy gain and mashing fire chroma wards heal by 300+ hp a button press.

Thats any frame and still doesnt help the whole balance argument since he doesn't sacrifice anything to maintain maximum upkeep.

Frames are not balanced around fighting level 270+s. 98% of this game can not damage you to that extent. Even a lvl 100 bombard is not blowing you away if a full tank from a sentient beam tickles.

Yeah, tell me that when you're swarmed by these people.

Fire chroma does not heal. It healed before the nerf, now it adds health from the top and removes it from the bottom. You basically get increased health for the duration of EW. There is not enough space for rage in a serious chroma build. And I have 5 forma on it. You need to push duration as much as possible, and by using rage you sacrifice strength wich is the second thing you need to get good buffs.

Balanced around level 270? No. But they still can handle lvl 135, 150 and even 200. And at that 200 mark things start getting interesting. You can decide to not play  high level content but for some this is their fun source, so any frame deserve to be effective at high level content,

As I told you he doesn't heal. He just gets more health for the duration of EW. It's the main reason Ice Chroma is the better tank.

At 200 strength ice EWVA gives 230 more armor and 700%armor buff (96% dmg reduction with stand united and steel fiber maxed needed for it to happen) And 4.5x dmg for 48 second  if you have over 230 duration. There is no 5.6 multiplier in here.

With 100 efficiency you basically spend 3 to 4 energy a second to keep your buff. This is barely 1 energy per second less than Effigy.

It is not my idea. It is many people's idea. But hey I'd rather have DE not do a thing with him. He's fine the way it is, even with 2 worthless skills.

8 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Fire chroma does not heal. It healed before the nerf, now it adds health from the top and removes it from the bottom. You basically get increased health for the duration of EW

Actually, it does both. It increases your total health and also current health, and you keep the bonus HP you got while the buff was active. Fire Chroma heals and increases your health cap. 

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

Actually, it does both. It increases your total health and also current health, and you keep the bonus HP you got while the buff was active. Fire Chroma heals and increases your health cap. 

Didn’t they nerfed that to only a health buff during EW? They buffed it back to heal?