The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you feel about a Nova rework?

PapaFragolino

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Because a Free teleport would help make up for hit to survivability Ash took with the BS nerf. 

No, DE doesn't understand that synergy should make things greater than the sum of their parts. Instead, they make one skill required for the other to be useful at all. 

Every frame they reworked, besides Frost, has gotten worse.  Like you said, they made Excal really fun, but then nerfed that too.

WHAT hit to survivability?

He's still freakin' invincible during blade storm cast, and if you're smart, you run enough duration to mark all the targets while in smoke screen.

He didn't become any less durable.

Every frame they reworked, besides Frost, has gotten worse.  Like you said, they made Excal really fun, but then nerfed that too.

Don't know about you, but the Nekros Rework actually makes him feel better, personally, more fluid than he used to be, no more stopping to desecrate, just popcorn the enemies on the go and healing your shadows wasn't a bad bonus either. And the rework to Volt's abilities actually didn't take much away and actually made him more fun, with decent synergy with his shield, shock and speed, along with his discharge and shock combo.

6 minutes ago, Synville said:

WHAT hit to survivability?

He's still freakin' invincible during blade storm cast, and if you're smart, you run enough duration to mark all the targets while in smoke screen.

He didn't become any less durable.

I mean an "OH CRAP!" button.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Don't know about you, but the Nekros Rework actually makes him feel better, personally, more fluid than he used to be, no more stopping to desecrate, just popcorn the enemies on the go and healing your shadows wasn't a bad bonus either. And the rework to Volt's abilities actually didn't take much away and actually made him more fun, with decent synergy with his shield, shock and speed, along with his discharge and shock combo.

It made him worse, It could be made great with a few tweaks, which I posted in the Nekros thread. Volt's updates were basically irrelevant. His shield changes should have been great, but they weren't. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

It made him worse, It could be made great with a few tweaks, which I posted in the Nekros thread. Volt's updates were basically irrelevant. His shield changes should have been great, but they weren't. 

How is Nekros worse than he was before? How is Volt's updates irrelevant? Nekros' made him more viable for on the go missions and made him more efficient than before in terms of looting and self-protection, Volt got an electrified riot shield and a chain stun attack.

I mean an "OH CRAP!" button.

The thing about his "oh crap" button is, is that he's always had one-- in the form of Smoke Screen-- the difference is, with his previous incarnation, maximizing effiency reigned king, causing his power duration to hit a cavernous 12%.

Now with his new ultimate being a hek-of-a-lot cheaper, people can ease up on using fleeting expertise and maybe actually afford to slot in some duration.

Also, make no mistake, the capability of teleporting onto anything with a health bar is an Arceus-sent, allowing you to TP out of sticky situations more than you think he can, following that up with a smoke screen if need be.

While I can understand, and at the very least sympathize with your worries, I can not emphasize hard enough that he really only got better, rather than the forums popular appraisal of him having gotten apocalyptically bad.

Desecrate is far worse in multiple ways. You get less shadows, etc.

You listed one thing... and that thing is a perfectly fine thing in exchange for on the go desecrate. Plus, we can teleport the shadows in addition to healing, AND it spawns in the more deadly units you've killed with priority. I still get about 7-8 shadows, and i'm fine with that when they're ancients, heavy gunners, bombards, shield ospreys and any other major pain.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

and that thing is a perfectly fine thing in exchange for on the go desecrate.

It's not, not even close. Desecrate is so much worse now and on so many levels that it is not even funny.

Why would I want to heal shadows? That a terrible idea, in non endless missions, it doesn't even matter. In endless missions, it would be better to let them die and replace them with higher leveled enemies. Rather than teleporting them to you, I would prefer being able to root them in place.

It's not, not even close. Desecrate is so much worse now and on so many levels that it is not even funny.

Why would I want to heal shadows? That a terrible idea, in non endless missions, it doesn't even matter. In endless missions, it would be better to let them die and replace them with higher leveled enemies. Rather than teleporting them to you, I would prefer being able to root them in place.

Not exactly, theres plenty of builds out there that balance the two, and make them viable at high levels. From before to after, I can see the change, and its for the better. But this is why we have opinions. You prefer the old system of being rooted in place, I prefer the new movement viable version. Lets just agree to disagree.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

I think it's great, you can actually desecrate and still have fun now. Re-work hugely improved Nekros for me. Prefer Saryn post-rework too! Won't comment on Ash, don't play him much, and don't have the rework yet. Whether you view a rework as good/bad/indifferent, it's all subjective...do you really think you'll convince anyone...just let it be.

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I think it's great, you can actually desecrate and still have fun now. Re-work hugely improved Nekros for me. Prefer Saryn post-rework too! Won't comment on Ash, don't play him much, and don't have the rework yet. Whether you view a rework as good/bad/indifferent, it's all subjective...do you really think you'll convince anyone...just let it be.

That's another one I vastly adore, Saryn's rework actually makes her extremely effective at being a complete ground zero patient. And I agree, that's what Warframe is, a completely playstyle based game, with many differing styles.

Just now, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Not exactly, theres plenty of builds out there that balance the two, and make them viable at high levels..

So does my build, what's your point? It does not make it better. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Lets just agree to disagree.

No. Desecrate is worse, and Shadows can be fixed. 

For example, let me use Soul punch on the ground, and it can make a 25m radius  around that point, and if I cast shadows inside that ring then they can't leave it. Then I can use shadows on defense missions without them immediately running off.

Desecrate can be fixed by making it work like it used to when activated then switch to the new version when left on. That way I can spam it for the old functionality when there is a ton of corpses or leave it on for the new functionality when running through the level.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

No. Desecrate is worse, and Shadows can be fixed. 

For example, let me use Soul punch on the ground, and it can make a 25m radius  around that point, and if I cast shadows inside that ring then they can't leave it. Then I can use shadows on defense missions without them immediately running off.

Desecrate can be fixed by making it work like it used to when activated then switch to the new version when left on. That way I can spam it for the old functionality when there is a ton of corpses or leave it on for the new functionality when running through the level.

You pose your points, and the soul punch idea is nice and useful, but the overwhelming majority like the new Desecrate, however your idea for Desecrate being OP for the energy cost as nobody would run the ability and just go back to spamming, and you flat out saying "No" to agree to disagree is a sign of arrogance. Please consider other's thoughts and opinons before blatantly calling somebody wrong when there is no factual foundation to the conversation other than a feature.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36
Abilities

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Player choice and agency is not a bad thing.

Exactly, that's why Builds are a thing. But what's done is done, but changes can always be made if the majority wants it. However, as I said before, that currently is not the case. The Soul Punch idea was an interesting thing though, why not tell DE about that?

Just now, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Exactly, that's why Builds are a thing. But what's done is done, but changes can always be made if the majority wants it. However, as I said before, that currently is not the case. The Soul Punch idea was an interesting thing though, why not tell DE about that?

I have already posted it, or variations of it, but I don't think DE cares.

The only thing lacking about Nova is the 1, everything else is good and should not be touched. Her 4 is a Force Multiplier, 3 is a Good mobility tool that far outstrips bullet jump unless you crimp it badly and a Fully changed 2 will wreck havoc on almost anything and when mixed with a dose of 4 will end rooms.

Complaining that WH is useless in "all those narrow spaces" we encounter is hardly a argument as its very good in all those wide open spaces we encounter as well

Nova is almost perfect and probably one of the last frames that should ever be considered for a rework.

Her 1 isn't anything special - it could probably do well with some synergy paired with her 2 which is incredibly useful for clearing horses of enemies if used correctly (shotgun)

Her 3 is perfectly fine and has many uses... traversing obstacles, speed runs, blockades to create choke points, etc... and the only players that might think otherwise are the ones who only insist on pure damage, drop manipulation, and similar things. Some of the time it's nice to not have every ability be a part of the meta.

Need I say anything about her Ult?

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan