The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you feel about a Nova rework?

PapaFragolino

Not sure. Personally, i don't really like Nova, even if she's super useful

As a non Nova player, her 2 and 3 are "ok". Same for their respective augments. Her 4 is waaaaaaaaaaay too useful, but her 1 is terrible. but hey! that's 3 out of 4. maybe just change her 1st or give her skills a bit more synergy and that's it. I don't really think Nova needs a complete rework.

Antimatter Absorb is absolutely awesome, for everyone that hasn't, try it with max range.

That's near invincability that actually requires some skill to use (juggle those balls ;)).

Her Wormhole is quite handy.

Null star needs some serious attention, not damage, maybe some utility, blocking shots like Ameshas 1st maybe?

If MP get's nerfed at all, I hope only the chain-reaction explosions part, I absolutely love her battlefield control (slow or fast) she's basically a Time Mage^^

3 hours ago, Arandabido said:

Not sure. Personally, i don't really like Nova, even if she's super useful

As a non Nova player, her 2 and 3 are "ok". Same for their respective augments. Her 4 is waaaaaaaaaaay too useful, but her 1 is terrible. but hey! that's 3 out of 4. maybe just change her 1st or give her skills a bit more synergy and that's it. I don't really think Nova needs a complete rework.

How can something be too useful?

11 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

How can something be too useful?

well, how many abilities are there that can do CC and help the team deal more damage in the same time?

and heck, you can even accelerate defenses if you flip the switch to a fast nova without losing the dps factor. Molecular Prime is awesome!

Edited by Arandabido

11 minutes ago, Arandabido said:

well, how many abilities are there that can do CC and help the team deal more damage in the same time?

and heck, you can even accelerate defenses if you flip the switch to a fast nova without losing the dps factor. Molecular Prime is awesome!

There are plenty that do multiple things at once. Such as completely imobolizing and enemy, do damage to them, restoring your energy, and giving you over shield if your energy is full.

Or forcibly ejecting enemies from an area, doing damage, blocking all incoming projectiles and hit scan weapons, as well as slowing down or freezing anything that comes back into the area.

2 hours ago, Vethalon said:

Antimatter Absorb is absolutely awesome, for everyone that hasn't, try it with max range.

Range does absolutely nothing to Antimatter Drop, and absorb has a fixed range aswell so youre just gimping your AMD with max range.

Im with everyone saying that deluxe skin needs a rework xD and Null Star for sure...

Edited by Shichibukai88

Considering the history of Molecular Prime, I find it someone amusing that the OP calls the current implementation a "press 4 to win" ability.

I remember when it affected everything in ranged instantly and the on-death explosion did enough damage to start a corpse explosion chain worthy of a Diablo 2 Necromancer. That was a 4 to win ability.

Anyway I feel like 1 is the only one really lacking, some extra functionality is probably all it needs though, not a full rework.

23 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Range does absolutely nothing to Antimatter Drop, and absorb has a fixed range aswell so youre just gimping your AMD with max range.

Range does not affect the explosion radius of AMD, but it absolutely affects the radius of the Absorb field created by Antimatter Absorb, which makes it a better tool for blocking enemy fire and easier to hit the damage cap

Also, Power only affects the contact and base damage of AMD, it does not affect the multiplier affect of any damage absorbed by your own gunfire or the augment mod (400%, or 5X) nor the cap (50,000 damage absorbed). The difference between max power strength and minimum power strength is about 500, which is pretty much nothing compared to the maximum 250K damage you get with a fully charged AMD. So it won't gimp the damage that power does to go max range, and while Speedva isn't ideal for non-infested missions, the bonus damage from MP is unaffected by power as well.

Edited by Foefaller

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, (PS4)DontKnowMe said:

Ember should get it next. Endless WoF needs to go away

You need to check onto your personal interests, this is not a thread for Ember discussion and moreover who are you to decide what to stay and what not to? Ember already had her surgery so please cut the crap. Just avoid getting into squad with one if you hate her getting the kills in the NOOB level missions.

And now Nova, whats hell wrong with people these days? Always running and jumping around for so called reworks. You guys really need to stop weather its a rework mask or whatsoever otherwise this game will lose valuable players (I'm no way a Nova player) and someday everyone might face some hard consequences. My comment is not constructive but couldn't resist myself requesting you to stop after reading all the comments from so many people raising their voice against you and on your comments you didn't even succeeded to get a single '<3' (so far I saw) but still you are prolonging the conversation. You are one of the old timers and known Tennos so you must understand the priorities first rather than just babbling around.

Edited by AhmadIvu

I would be ok with retooling her 1 and 3, Ild even go so far as to give her 2 a bit of a buff. That said, I think her 4 is fine as is and really needs no adjustments. Her biggest problem IMO is her 3. Since movement 2.0 happened using her 3 isnt that useful when you have almost the same control and distance traveled through bullet jumps.

Her 1 is IMO really bad and always has been. Ild like to see this turned into another offensive ability. Perhaps make it a single target ability that removes a large portion of armor and works similar to Ember or nekros 1. The ability augment could be a simple additional slow similar to her 4 or turn it into a small AOE

1.Her first skill (Nullstar) could use a significant buff or a rework.

2.Wormhole : Damage reduction for a few seconds  after aplying wormhole.

3.Speed up flight speed for Antimatter Drop.

Edited by Makinar
cause reasons :)

I have some ideas...

*For nullstar. Depending on what we want to reinforce about Nova.

-Damage Nullstar:

Spoiler

The particles don't follow random enemies. Now it has two phases. During the first phase which starts as soon as you deal damage to an enemy, one Nullstar particle will store up to 35% of the total damage dealt with 20% of your magazine. When the first phase ends, the particle will be stored to release when the player wants. The player by just pressing the ability key when he already has nullstar on will allow him to rotate between all his particles, so he can charge them up to the max amount of damage and store them to use them later if he wants.
The second phase of the particles works this way. If a fully charged particle hasn't been changed by an uncharged one it will try to attack the enemy on your crosshair or the closest one to him. If you have all your particles charge, the ability will have a new mechanic. You would be able to store them until you hold the ability key to release them as a rocket barrage to a group of enemies in a radius of 15 meters arround your crosshair (it will auto target the enemies within that radius). Also each particle will have a AoE of 2 mts.

-Debuff nullstar:

Spoiler

If you think nova doens't needs more damage or/and didn't like the rocket barrage feeling. Probably his idea will be nice for you. It will work like a single target Molecular Prime. ( but with some changes)
But the effects are linked to the HP bar of the targeted enemy. I'll explain... 
The particles will now target and attack an enemy that you are already attacking at said moment. When you make the enemy lose 10% of his total HP, your first particle will go for him, making the enemy receive more damage from all sources. When said enemy loses up to 50% of his HP, a second particle will attack him reducing his accuracy by 50%. 
each debuff last for 5 seconds (enough to kill a high level enemy in this fast paced game). If you kill the enemy within the 5 seconds of duration of the second debuff (the accuracy one). The enemy will collapse and explode with such power that it will blind nearby enemies (in a radius of 10 meters max). 

-Support nullstar:

Spoiler

This variation is to help the team instead of Nova. It works this way... When nova cast Nullstar, she will summon 8 particles. But, these won't work like the current Nullstar ability. Nova will have to recast the ability on the ground to generate a pick up that will use 2 of her particles. (you can also cast it over your teammates if you prefer). Each one fo the 2 particles following the allies will give them a different buff that is tied both to their HP bar or/and a fixed duration. 
*Important note: 
-particle 1: gives the player a stack of damage reduction for each enemy he kills (3% per kill). The ability runs off after 30 seconds or after the player loses 70% of his total HP. 
Additionally, the ability has a cap of 50% for damage reduction and if the affected ally already had less than 70% of his total HP, he won't be able to receive this particular buff.
-particle 2 : gives the player 60% (multiplicative) status chance to any of his weapons and give their bullet a flat 20% of chances to completely destroy armor or shielding with a single shot.  
This effect runs off after 30 seconds or if the player loses up to 40% of his total HP. (unlike the damage reduction, you can still gain this effect if you are under 40% of your total HP. (but it will run off after you lose 15% of your current HP. 

Wormhole and Antimatter Drop are fine IMO. 

Molecular Prime: 

Spoiler

I know I'm going to get hate here, but I would actually nerf it a little bit. For me slowing enemies that much while also making them receive more damage is too good for the effort the player does. 
The nerf would work like this... now, Nova would have two variations of her ult depending on she does a quick tap on the ability key or she holds the ability key... 
if you quick tap it, Nova will create a molecular prime variation arround movement debuff. This ability instantly slows down enemies to the max cap. But slowsly debuffs enemies to receive more damage. Every 2 seconds enemies stack 15% of the current debuff effect of molecular prime. And after 14 seconds they get the full effect and are able to explode upon death. 
The second variation is to instantly debuff enemies, but like the other variation the speed debuff / buff will be gradually stacking to enemies in aprox 14 seconds.

An important note: both variations of MP can't be stacked to get instant debuff + instant speed debuff / buff.

Nova Passive idea 1:

Spoiler

Every enemy killed within 20 meters around her will have a 20% of chances to explode dealing 70% of his total HP in blast damage in a radius of 10 meters. 

or if that idea wasn't really good. 

Nova passive idea 2:

Spoiler

When nova's shields get destroyed, there is a 60% of chances that nova generates a unstable shield that won't regenerate itself and slows down nova by 10% during its duration, but has 30% of damage reduction and make all damaging abilities or friendly projectiles that go throught it to deal 10% more damage in form of blast. (no proc)

These are my ideas for nova :s

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32