Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

Allow me to fix this.

Whether you're a Founder or a newly awoken Tenno from the United States, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Switzerland or the UK, thank you for being part of the Warframe Community!

19 minutes ago, Zilve said:

Why is The Netherlands not eligible???

We are right next to germany and france T.T

Prizes over EUR 449 are subject to a betting tax of 29%. - Organiser must deduct taxes - Alternative: winner pays taxes to the organiser

15 minutes ago, Rekalty said:

Really, Norwegians can partake, but not Swedes or Danes? Well, nevermind then.

sweden doesnt allow it

Can promotions be used in which the winner is designated on the basis of (an element of) chance? What is the applicable law or code?

No. In Sweden a line is drawn between lotteries and price competitions/sale promotional competitions.

Lotteries are governed by the Lotteries Act (Sw. Lotterilagen). An English version of the Lotteries Act is found at: http://www.lotteriinspektionen.se/Documents/Externa dokument/11e6c31d-feb1-4675-b695-205bc02b0a2e.pdf).

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Avulsed76 said:

Exclude Denmark, being neighbors to Germany?

Why? Why even make so big announcement?

I more and more surprised by things like this. 

GG DE

If any of the prizes that can be won exceed DKK 200 (approximately EUR 27), the promotional games must be registered with the Danish Tax Authorities

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GnlVall3 said:

RIP puertoricans that wants this giveaway so hard (including me)...

All prizes are subject to a 35% tax rate Stamp Duty (imposto do selo), payable by the promoter of the game. Awards in kind (em espécie) are subject to an extra charge of 10% (i.e. total of 45% tax rate).

5 minutes ago, insert_text said:

If I pay shipping costs let me participate from a excluded country? 

not about shipping. maybe tax, maybe law.

4 minutes ago, Polymelodic said:

Oh boy, Canadians need to solve a math problem upon claiming the prize? I don't know why but it seems really funny to me :crylaugh:

maths make it a win by skill not win by chance which is illegal gambling.

3 minutes ago, Severance626 said:

Hello all.

"It's ok" to decide to whom give your prizes, but all the community would appreciate if a proper explanation is given. Let me say, with all respect, money spent on platinum in this game come worldwide, it's legit to think that this same people would be eligible to receive a prize, at least the digital one the Prime Access, that is a configuration change on an account, if not all.

As you always like to say, nothing is carved on stone, most of us hope that's right and soon we can see those prizes could travel around the world ;)

Take care tennos, and good luck all.

//Seve

as u can see above, DE just cant make it a global events. and because the digital prizes r part of all prizes, so... (they could make two different events, but then im sure some will cry its not a fair game either way)

4 minutes ago, pyrovolt said:

Wait so resedence of Florida in general can't enter or does that mean something else? And if so how come these specificly named areas arent considered into the giveaway?

10 minutes ago, (XB1)DemonlAssassin said:

yeah actually why?

New York or Florida: If the total approximate retail value of all prizes is over $5,000 and open to residents of either Florida or New York, the sweepstakes will need to be registered and bonded in New York and Florida or residents of those states disqualified. Also, plan your budget accordingly—registration and bonding in New York and Florida carry additional costs, which are mostly dependent on the total value of all prizes in the sweepstakes at issue.

So, no love for over half of Europe? Not even some virtual prizes, which wouldn't require any sort of mailing?

Well, good luck to those lucky enough to be born in a specific country. Thanks for the giveaway. I guess.

Yes, salty much, I hate any kind of elitism or excluding people for no real reason.

Good Luck Everyone, i am so sad to be in Brazil, and not be even eligible for a prime access,  but i wish the best of the lucks for those that like many of us in Brazil, cant afford any of the setup prizes hehehe, and for the winners, make a good use please, honor the name of the Tenno.

5 hours ago, Emulad0or said:

So, a giveaway but only for people that live in one of these 10 countries? That's lame. Thanks for nothing I guess

Don't be such a *@##$, they are just a small company and it's not like they have unlimited money. Besides you should just be thankful, I live in Iceland, I can never participate in anything!

1 minute ago, TheVikingGamer said:

You include Norway and Finland but not Sweden that is in the middle.

That just sounds weird but I entered in hope that is was a mistake or just for the possibility.

Can promotions be used in which the winner is designated on the basis of (an element of) chance? What is the applicable law or code?

No. In Sweden a line is drawn between lotteries and price competitions/sale promotional competitions.

Lotteries are governed by the Lotteries Act (Sw. Lotterilagen). An English version of the Lotteries Act is found at: http://www.lotteriinspektionen.se/Documents/Externa dokument/11e6c31d-feb1-4675-b695-205bc02b0a2e.pdf).

not gonna point out the reason behind it any more. hopefully you all can just google the legal issue here. and knowing its not DE, its a gift and thank yous from DE to all players even if you wont receive the gift, but DE means well.