Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which version of this riven is better.

iwoply

Question

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Depends. Are you going for a critical damage cernos, or just raw damage? if going for raw damage, the one on the left is better.

thanks for the reply, I'm going for raw damage so you've answered my question perfectly ty. 

As the Cernos has barely any puncture damage and is very easy to get over 100% crit chance, I'd chose the second mod.

The fire rate isn't the most important, but the extra damage you'd get from guaranteed crits AND extra electricity damage would be a lot higher than with just multishot.

A second arrow can only double your damage, but a larger crit modifier can provide a lot more than that.

I'm speaking as a player who doesn't like to rely on multishot if it's below 100% though, so there's my bias.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

technically, that amount of Crit Damage increases the Damage of Crits by ~40%, that Multishot makes for most Shots having a third Arrow, which on top of Split Chamber is a 50% increase in Damage.

let's say our Bow does 100 Damage, and fires two Arrows.

100 * (2 * (1.2 + 0.882) + 1) == 616.4 * 2 == 1232.8
Weakpoints: 2465.6

now instead of 40% more Crit Damage, we shoot three Arrows instead.

100 * (2 * (1.2) + 1) == 440 * 3 == 1320
Weakpoints: 2640

why did this happen? because the third projectile means additional rolls for the same Crit and Status Chances that you'd normally be rolling, and gets equal duplication of Damage. shooting another Projectile is very valuable because of this.

Edit:
that ofcourse only applies to Shots which does get the third Arrow, which is not a guarantee. obviously if you don't get the third arrow the Crit Damage that always applies to your Shots deals more Damage.

Edited by taiiat