The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Animal control Warframe

(XBOX)ONW Dr Iownyou

Hello everyone,

I have been thinking about a new warframe concept that could really make the Kubrows and Kavats more enjoyable to use. This warframe would be female or male with a a small and toned looking frame. We have Ivara, the archer and she looks like she could fit the part but, she is strictly an archer. 

Far too many people use sentinels while we have a decent system of animal companions. This warframe would make this system more proficient. The final ability I believe would be totally control of your Kubrow or Kavat and the abilities that comprise that particular companion. Imagine using the stealth Kubrow's ability of invisibility to scout out enemies and mark the enemies position and their direction. 

Tell me your thoughts and have a wonderful day!

32 minutes ago, (XB1)ONW Dr Iownyou said:

Far too many people use sentinels

Get rid of the health and affection decay and give them vacuum, then i'll use them.

As it stands, sentinels are far superior and don't require any extra effort from my end. 

I keep forgetting my Kubrows existed which caused them to die. Now I have a puppy running around my orbiter because it's cute and the adult ones in stasis, i'll never use them.

A warframe with abilities centered around pets wouldn't change anything for me. As long as Kubrows/Kavats require attention they are no use to me. As we all know, the golden rule of the internet "you are never the only one" so other people would feel the same. It seems like a waste of resources to build a warframe a good chunk of people won't ever bother with outside of MR. 

Imo this should almost be our "6th" ability when we have a pet equiped. 

To use their active precept, manually. So if I want to make my kubrow dig/stealth/kill a vip or my sentinel to fire a big laser/zap/cc/etc. I could do it with 6 (just put a cooldown like focus)

1 hour ago, Ailissa said:

Get rid of the health and affection decay and give them vacuum, then i'll use them.

As it stands, sentinels are far superior and don't require any extra effort from my end. 

I keep forgetting my Kubrows existed which caused them to die. Now I have a puppy running around my orbiter because it's cute and the adult ones in stasis, i'll never use them.

A warframe with abilities centered around pets wouldn't change anything for me. As long as Kubrows/Kavats require attention they are no use to me. As we all know, the golden rule of the internet "you are never the only one" so other people would feel the same. It seems like a waste of resources to build a warframe a good chunk of people won't ever bother with outside of MR. 

this ^

1 hour ago, Ailissa said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a Kubrow that can out-damage and out-survive many of my teammates in level 50+ missions, so I'll have to disagree on the state of superiority. As far as effort goes, that's your preference which is fine.

Well it is an interesting idea, as far as for either if pets or sentinels are more useful people will always be divided in their opinions.

While for warframe ability it would be nice to have some energy per second abilities that boost stats for both frame and kubrow/kavats and during it your pet will automatically be revived ? Maybe an ability that creates the clones of your pet with % of their stats ? Perhaps an ability that teleports you to your pet or your pet to a specific location ? 
Anyway I suppose it would be a support frame or an offensive one ? But I doubt we will see it in closer future. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a Kubrow that can out-damage and out-survive many of my teammates in level 50+ missions, so I'll have to disagree on the state of superiority. As far as effort goes, that's your preference which is fine.

You are free to disagree.

My Sentinel dies, no cost to regain lost affection. I don't log in for months, my sentinel will still be at full health and ready to go. I can run around and not worry about loot as my sentinel hoovers it all up for me.

What your kubrow can or can't do is irrelevant to me, it comes with a cost and a care requirement, a sentinel does not. As far as i'm concerned, sentinels will remain the superior choice for as long as kubrows/kavats require extra effort.

I don't always remember them as I mentioned so they are absolutely useless to me.