Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to mod Mag Prime?

RadiantPancake

Question

Hello there people! RadiantPancake here, i'm usually the guy you see killing himself with his green Penta. Anyway, I've been playing Warframe for a while now, I guess I'm at what is technically now current endgame and I was wondering about builds and such!

I currently have Mag Prime, Equinox, Oberon, and Chroma, but I really just wanna work on making Mag Prime my Primary as of currently but I honestly don't know how I should mod her/ what weapon synergies with her. I usually use Magnetize and shoot off my boltor and kill a large group of enemies. Which seems to work out well, but I feel my modding on Mag Prime could become a wee bit better.

So, question is, how do you people mod your Mag Prime, and what weapons Synergizes best with her? Thanks for the help in advanced. This is currently what I have. Probably is bad but that's what I'm here for!

1ECC3404BA45439997E7456DC260ED1293A846FE

5 answers to this question

15 hours ago, RadiantPancake said:

I guess I'm at what is technically now current endgame

The only real endgame is FashionFrame.

The build seems decent enough. I'm by no means a Mag enthusiast but I have mine built for duration and range to use Magnetize as either shields or safe-zones. And a bit of strength to increase the damage multiplier.

Edited by Rambit23Z

Personally, I think Power Strength is a very important stat for Mag.  Quite a few of her powers use it twice so it's worth investing in.  Other than that it's mostly a matter of preference like I don't feel the need for Range but I understand why some people do, I prefer Streamline over Flow but it doesn't make much difference and I don't bother with Vitality and instead rely on Redirection (and Polarize's shield restoration) to soak most damage and take Rapid Resilience to stop Slash and Toxin procs from doing much (while also stopping the less important Heat procs and potentially team wiping Radiation after 1.5 seconds).

The beauty of Mag is that she can be good with a couple different builds. For me personally, i like high duration and high range so magnetize can be used to plug hallways/spawn locations. I replaced vitality with Fortitude and use polarize(with augment) as a heal. I dont use natural talent. I believe there are better mods, like streamline. As for guns, i run Supra to feed the magnetize bubble -but thats just for fun cuz its high fire rate and non-hit scan. I can rek sorties without sweating and often lead in dmg using her 2 and 3 liberally. But again, she is one of a few frames that can benefit from different build types. Go nuts!

This is my general use build:

Energy Siphon, Enemy Sense
Intensify, Transient Fortitude
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, R3 Fleeting Expertise
Primed Continuity, Vitality

Lots of Range & Efficiency to spam Pull and Crush CC all over,
huge Magnetize bubbles that don't last too long so as to
get to the implosion blast sooner / not annoy Squadmates,
Polarize still travels ~far enough and has nicely large AoE bursts :D