Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give me a reason

malekas

I like Warframe. I like it a lot. I like it enough to spend quite a bit of real money on it and spend hundreds of hours playing. But the game got stale. I had the frames, the weapons, and the mods to do just about anything I wanted. Honestly, I ran out of things to do besides grinding out a rank or two on a few prime mods. And mindlessly grinding sorties and syndicate missions each day just didn't float my boat.

I actually took a hiatus from Warframe. Figured I would give it some time, play something else, and wait for some updates. I checked back after TWW dropped to see where the game was and what did I see? Sortie rewards got worse, the grind for prime gear got worse with V5 relics, a useless gimmick of a new mechanic was introduced with the operators, and a cancer had taken hold in the form of Riven mods ( I actually uninstalled the game over the salt from Riven mods, but couldn't help hoping they would mysteriously disappear from the game). A major update had dropped, and I still had nothing to do. I've read various topics about how people hate Riven mods, and other people are telling them "just don't use them, they're not necessary". But Riven mods and farming Kuva were the only new things to do with TWW. If you ignore that then TWW gave us nothing but a short cinematic quest.

I really enjoy playing Warframe, but fun gameplay isn't enough if there's nothing to do with that fun gameplay. Imagine playing the same stage of Super Mario Bros day in and day out. The gameplay mechanics are still fun, but it gets stale.

Am I missing a new feature that slipped past me? Is there something new to grab my attention? Has DE finally decided to give us more Tactical Alerts and special events? Or does DE still think shiny distractions are more important than real content?

(Seriously DE! Even a routine schedule of alerts and events would get me back in the game. It's not that hard!)

Literally yesterday i had a long discussion with a guy who had the same issues ad you are.

Unfortunately even i, MR2, couldn't nail what the point of playing Warframe.

Its a game in which you play to play even more, you grind to get better gear to grind even faster for even better gear.

Its a game in which your goal is to become a collectioner - have every singly item out there owned, tested and ranked up.

Or you know... You can always default to fashionframe anf roleplaying and simply play for the sake of it.

I believe this comes from the fact that Warframe is a PvE focused game.

If we look at any MMORPG like WoW, Aion or anything else we will notice that almost always end-game comes to one of the 2 things:

1) Either extremely hard raids where your team must be perfectly calibrated to the point where every single player has a role (not a favorite of mine, i cannot be bothered with social mechanics)

2) Some kind of major PvP element, like a war of factions, guild tournaments, etc.

DE tried (1) with their raids, but we can tell that its failed as end-game because very few players actually play and random side-joiners (like me and probably 90% of the players) are not welcome in there at all. Badically its a game mode for chosen ones with blessing of not having sociophobia.

And i cant see (2) as the case either, because Tenno are all brothers and will never fight each other for real lore wise.

Even conclave is considered to be more of a training / sport for tenno, lore-wise.

Also the game's mechanics and balance are simply not build fot enjoyable PvP experience outside of Lunaro.

So... Yeah. If you need a particular worthy goal to strive for - i'm afraid you are in a wrong game.

You don't play Warframe. You live it.

Edited by Artek94

That's one problem with any game after you play it for long enough, but as others have said, after a hiatus, I've always come back to warframe. Not just because I've gotten all my friends and family into it, but because I enjoy it. Sometimes, I can sit back and relax, enjoy a cup of tea, put on some music, and just enjoy what the game does best- gameplay. Fun gameplay. Sure, I enjoy the rest of warframe as much as any other player, but I come for the fun, and for the challenge. Before solar map 3.0, I would solo run T4 interceptions as long as possible for the challenge and fun of it. Even if I failed and didn't get anything out of it, the challenge was enjoyable. Another  way it can be fun is how you can play with other people. Chat and kill with your comrades for a good time. Lots of reasons warframe is fun- but that's the only reason to play it. Once that's gone? Take a hiatus, find another game, maybe a story- driven one.

... sorry for the wall of text. Congrats and thank you to those of you who read all of that XD