Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Wanting To Invest In Non-Primes

AnonCat

So I've currently got all my warframes and weapons to lvl 30. I've forma'ed my twin vipers three times and a few other weapons, but what happens when prime vipers come out? I will have wasted all that time on an inferior item.

I propose that if we have prestiged a weapon enough times, we may add the prime components and prime bp to the normal version. This will reset it as if we had used a forma and turn it "prime". I just feel hesitant to even begin lvling a frost when I'm one component away from the frost prime.

Anyone else feel this is an issue?

Edited by AnonCat

DE_Steve like the idea of having a prime BP and a level 30 to make primes. On reddit he said, " :) ".

EDIT: Also I do not believe everything will get a prime. So far, Primes are all Tenno weapons. Twin Vipers are Grineer (I think). 

Edited by Sni7ch

Thank god, I hope this implies that the polarity of the old version will carry over. I'm really proud of my twin vipers and don't want it to be a wasted achievement when looking into the long term.

DE_Steve like the idea of having a prime BP and a level 30 to make primes.

If this is true then any weapon you forma prior to the Prime version coming out will become "inferior" to the Prime version making you have to upgrade your current weapon meaning you wasted may the Forma(s)/Potato on the non-Prime version.

Here's hopping upgrading to Prime allows you to choose an extra polarity or so if depending on if you've already forma'd the non-prime version and let's hope it also keeps the catalyst/reactor.

Regardless, we'll just have to see how it is when it's implemented, if it even is.

Edited by Haldark

i like what you did there and yea.

i've formaed my banshee 3x my grakata 2x and working on forma-ing my paris and banshee (again)

if/when banshee prime is released ill have almost no motivation to get it seeing as ive spent so much time with my non prime.

i had bought frost because i liked him after i reset (didnt want to solo maps with excal prime or mag) and now i got frost prime. like whats the point in keeping a frost prime for me other then the alt helmet (which TBH isnt that cool to me and the aurora helmet is better). and on top of it, with forma my reg frost is better then my FP because i need to use less forma on my reg frost because the extra polarity on the prime gets in the way of my build.

edit: i would like the idea of using a prime blueprint on the reg if and only if you can switch between prime color scheme and reg color scheme.  example i like frost as is normal and his prime version color scheme sucks in my opinion. they have the reset colors and the way you change helmets maybe they could implement prime/nonprime color scheme thing.  Id hate to have all that gold on my banshee. Her default colors are the best combination in the game to me and i dont think i could put them back  if they were to get changed LOL

Edited by Zhoyzu

It strikes me as though it would be best to implement the "Prime" weapons and frames as the existing alternate equipment. A different skin for your gun or Warframe, which makes the necessary changes to stats, and adds a bit of extra Void functionality.

But it's too late for that. Prime has better stats and extra polarity slots starting out. And I actually think it's cool to have something with a small functional bonus. I just don't want to lose all my hard work on my multi forma saryn or twin vipers. :3

Prime Weapons give DE more money, and/or more playtime.

If they release a... Boltor Prime or something, all of those peeps with Forma'd/Potato'd Boltors will want a Boltor Prime.

They're going to either have to dump 20 plat into the forma/potatoes or farm up the junk to make the forma/potatoes.

This is a win-win for DE and it gives players something to do, too. Yes, you have a suped-up Boltor.

But then, why not get an even BETTER Suped-up Boltor? Yeah you have to level it a few times, etc, etc.... but in the end you'll have an awesome weapon.

I'm currently leveling a Latron, even though I'm 1 part away from finishing Latron Prime. I'm not going to potato or Forma the Latron, but I'll still level it to 30. It is a fun gun to use and I'm sure I'll enjoy the Prime version even more.

Formaing™ is better than primes. Primes should just be consisted a cosmetic difference from the normal weapon. Now DE has mentioned Prime WFs having "something special" about them. So, i don't know. Forma made Primes not as useful as before. 

Formaing™ is better than primes. Primes should just be consisted a cosmetic difference from the normal weapon. Now DE has mentioned Prime WFs having "something special" about them. So, i don't know. Forma made Primes not as useful as before. 

Still yet, they are marketed as "superior" to the normal versions. Would just really like DE reasurance that we're not wasting all this time Formaing™ regular weapons, when we could be doing it on primes or even vandals to a lesser degree.

Personally I won't take any primes because I hate their aesthetic compared to regular Tenno weapons and warframes, but if you absoluely want to have the best version of a weapon I can definitely see how this would be severely annoying. +1