Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Attica Vs. Zhuge

Zhoyzu

Question

So, ive heard the Zhuge is better recently. But i never quite gave the Zhuge a full run through because when i got it i said "eh its an attica clone" and never potatoed it and just got rid of it after maxing it for mastery.  Recently Ive been trying to get my hands on an attica riven but RNG decided i needed a Zhuge riven instead. So i decided why not, lets make another Zhuge and see what it might be capable of.

Well as of now it still feels like the attica. But i dont see what makes the Zhuge so superior to the attica. I mean im assuming at this point its that elemental builds are popular and the Zhuge has a significantly higher status chance. Is that all thats different or am i just completely not seeing the story.

Edit: adding picture

oJzJFcr.jpg

Edited by Zhoyzu

11 answers to this question

The zhuge benefits more from crit damage mods because of how they interact with the damage multiplier.  Without mods a crit is effectively +100% damage for the Zhuge but only +50% for the Attica.  This might not seem so bad when the Attica has 25% more damage to begin with (so Zhuge crits do 200 and Attica crits do 187.5) but crit damage mods add to the multiplier rather than the effective addition so with Vital Sense the Zhuge goes to x4.4 (+340%)while the Attica goes to x3.3(+230%)(putting Zhuge at 440 damage per crit and Attica at 412.5 damage per crit). If you then added Point Strike for 50% crit chance on either weapon then the small edge the Zhuge has on crits becomes even more important to DPS calculations.  The increased fire rate and magazine size give the Zhuge the same burst DPS as the Attica before considering crits and crits can only give an edge to the Zhuge (even more so when modded for it) and the higher status chance is a bonus.  Ammo economy is the only thing the Zhuge might fail on (less reloads per full amount of spare ammo) but I've not found ammo to be an issue.

Personally I'd rather use Attica because I think it looks cooler but objectively the Zhuge is better (and I got a Riven mod for it first) so it's now my go-to when I want to waste someone with a crossbow.

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Zhuge is top tier while attica is... Well I consider it crap.

Why ? Because crit and very high base damage.

Mainly it's a boltor prime with less firing speed but higher damage & crit chance.

Also zhuge use puncture which is one of the best base damage type

And yet the attica has better base dmg stats than the Zhuge 

oJzJFcr.jpg if anything this says the attica is better

Just now, Autongnosis said:

Nope

Cause the Zhuge fires faster, has a larger clip, higher critical multiplier and 3.5x the status chance. It scales a LOT better in damage and the status keeps it relevant through endgame.

so its completely reliant on elemental builds then.

Two most significant things that make the Zhuge better in my opinion: Status Chance and Recoil.

Status is better for End Game, that's just a fact of the game. Recoil isn't a stat that's listed so that's only got to factor in once you actually use it. The Zhuge has way less recoil. Attica basically needs Stablizer on it to be used efficiently. That means you can put a more useful mod there, like Primed Fast Hands.

Edited by Ceryk

5 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

And yet the attica has better base dmg stats than the Zhuge 

oJzJFcr.jpg if anything this says the attica is better

Yeah but look at the rest.

Better crit damage, fire rate, reload speed, magazine and status.

You can play puncture corrosive and destroy everything thanks to crit.

I do admit I didn't notice the base stats of the attica though

The Attica has 125 base damage, a fire rate of 3.33, and a magazine of 16. The Zhuge has 100 base damage, a fire rate of 4.17, and a magazine of 20. That's exactly 2000 damage in exactly 4.8 seconds for both weapons before you need to reload.

On top of that, the Zhuge has a faster reload, a higher status chance, and a 2.0x critical damage multiplier compared to the Attica's 1.5x multiplier.

The Zhuge is better in literally every way except for slightly poorer ammo efficiency (which is a non-issue for both weapons), lower damage per shot on a non-critical hit, and its horrendous recoil.

Edited by Inarticulate