Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Quest & Mechanic Concept] "Memories of the Armor" {Spoiler Warning}

FoxFX

Ehm, well but this is stil not the answer to my question, i asked you if you want to readm y idea for orgins of Tenno from my quest, well i didn't gave too much iinfo of that idea(well wanted to keep it as a big suprise, like in 2nd Dream and War Within) but even these small bits might say you a lot if you have imagination and can corelate facts.

I dont want to be rude in the slightest Manfred but I can barely understand your English. I'm trying but it takes a few times reading it. I'm interested in your ideas, but worry I wouldn't be able to understand them all If you typed them out.

am I correct in assuming that English is not your native language?

if so that's perfectly ok, but we might be able to understand you better if you typed in your native language and then we translated it with google or something. Just a suggestion. Again I mean no offense. im just hoping to understand you better.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

I dont want to be rude in the slightest Manfred but I can barely understand your English. I'm trying but it takes a few times reading it. I'm interested in your ideas, but worry I wouldn't be able to understand them all If you typed them out.

am I correct in assuming that English is not your native language?

if so that's perfectly ok, but we might be able to understand you better if you typed in your native language and then we translated it with google or something. Just a suggestion. Again I mean no offense. im just hoping to understand you better.

Well yeah english isn't my native but belive me, google translation wouldn't give better effects, know from expiriance anyways can dose it mean i can poste here link to my ques concept or not ?

P.S. also don't worry about that terible typing in my longer posts usually when i'm typing short messages i'm often forgeting to check the mistakes, but with longer ones i'm checking it often.

Edited by AVSManfred

14 hours ago, FoxFX said:

I am attempting to rework the extra abilities or omit them. But for now, I want each of the Memory Trace Missions to show these Warframe manned by past Operators/Specters to tell past stories within the Warframe universe.

Excalibur is the first Warframe made from the Orokin. In the Memory Trace mission for Excalibur, I intended to show the first test drive of the Excalibur and the Orokin's interest in the Warframe's potential.

well, I get that your exploring the history of the warframe, but anything to do with past operators doesn't make sense to me. None of our warframes were piloted before us, we built them. It would make more sense to me if it was like the "genetic memory" of the warframe itself, which are maybe somehow encoded in its blueprint or something. And then the warframe fights for you of it own accord like a specter because by exploring its history you formed a stronger bond with it.

7 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

Well yeah english isn't my native but belive me, google translation wouldn't give better effects, know from expiriance anyways can dose it mean i can poste here link to my ques concept or not ?

P.S. also don't worry about that terible typing in my longer posts usually when i'm typing short messages i'm often forgeting to check the mistakes, but with longer ones i'm checking it often.

ok, I seem to be understanding u now better than last night. Maybe I was just extremely tired. Either way, id like to read your ideas.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

ok, I seem to be understanding u now better than last night. Maybe I was just extremely tired. Either way, id like to read your ideas.

Ok then here it goes :

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/717153-history-written-with-stars-quest-concept/

just to make things clear, the informations about my idea are in 2 places 1st is grey-text spoiler(done it like that because spoiler tag started to work in very strange way :P) and the note about helmet opening gimmick. i know there's not much info after all but i belive that it's enought to give you some sort of interesting view on what it is. As i said before showing it of full could be a big spoiler for whole quest storyline.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

well, I get that your exploring the history of the warframe, but anything to do with past operators doesn't make sense to me. None of our warframes were piloted before us, we built them. It would make more sense to me if it was like the "genetic memory" of the warframe itself, which are maybe somehow encoded in its blueprint or something. And then the warframe fights for you of it own accord like a specter because by exploring its history you formed a stronger bond with it.

There are hints of the possibility of the Warframes we use being used by other past Sentients and Specters. Quests such as the Hidden Message Quest dictates how the Orokin sent Mirage to take on the Sentients. The Quest Silver Grove showed that Titania was created by the Archmedians during the Orokin Era, so there is a high chance it was used during the Old War.

There is also my personal suspicion about the existence of the Specters. We have seen them act like guardians to the Solar Rails, idling by with Titania, Inaros Quest, Chroma in the New Strange (Though there are some that believe it was controlled by a Sentient rather than a Specter). There is also a strong possibility of the Stalker and the Acolytes to be Specters as well. The Specters have been one of the few greater mysteries in Warframe. How a Specter is created lorewise and if there lies secrets from these Specters is not known yet, but I feel it could be heavily explored.

Of course we can conclude that the Warframes the Operators use now were not used by past Operators, but that one scene in the Second Dream where our Warframe pulls the War Great Sword from its chest has me suspicious.

1 minute ago, FoxFX said:

There are hints of the possibility of the Warframes we use being used by other past Sentients and Specters. Quests such as the Hidden Message Quest dictates how the Orokin sent Mirage to take on the Sentients. The Quest Silver Grove showed that Titania was created by the Archmedians during the Orokin Era, so there is a high chance it was used during the Old War.

There is also my personal suspicion about the existence of the Specters. We have seen them act like guardians to the Solar Rails, idling by with Titania, Inaros Quest, Chroma in the New Strange (Though there are some that believe it was controlled by a Sentient rather than a Specter). There is also a strong possibility of the Stalker and the Acolytes to be Specters as well. The Specters have been one of the few greater mysteries in Warframe. How a Specter is created lorewise and if there lies secrets from these Specters is not known yet, but I feel it could be heavily explored.

Of course we can conclude that the Warframes the Operators use now were not used by past Operators, but that one scene in the Second Dream where our Warframe pulls the War Great Sword from its chest has me suspicious.

Well all thouse ideas are interesting but well i could find simpler explanation for it, this is good point that our warframes are built by us what means they have no past, only some sort of basic program that allows us to operate them, also this is more or less confirmed in lore fact that Warframes are actually some sort of golems built with technocyte, what means that even if they're not controled by us they may still manifest some behaviousr of a lifeform(also my theory that our Warframe destroyed stalker's sword becaus we commanded it subconsciusly) And i belive thaat specters are some sort of materialized digital copy of such warframe, you know like we can enter digital world in room of Cephalon suda, then maybe when the proccess is inverted the digital copy of warframe cna enter our world as Specter.

But for me more interesting question is why there are so many warframes ? Why they're so diffrent in shape and form when they supposed to be mass produced weapon only made diffrent with abilities,? Why they have so much personality put in them. Well i have my theory about it, and also about Stlakers but then you would have to taake a look on my quest concept or more exactly on the specific places i've  told about in my reply to @ashes of suvius above

On 7.12.2016 at 7:40 PM, FoxFX said:

It is unfortunate that [DE] specifically stated that the Dark Sector game holds little to no correlation with the storyline of Warframe. If there is some liberty for me to do so, I would not mind adding in such a feature.

Well, I did some research (about a moth of googling cross-references) and it is true, DE stated that Dark Sector would not have anything to do with Warframe some time ago, but as a response to community pressure they later stated that both games ARE settled in the same universe. But your idea to use the fact that "Excalibur is the first" in terms of first attempt to fight sentients is also cool.

18 hours ago, AVSManfred said:

Well all thouse ideas are interesting but well i could find simpler explanation for it, this is good point that our warframes are built by us what means they have no past, only some sort of basic program that allows us to operate them, also this is more or less confirmed in lore fact that Warframes are actually some sort of golems built with technocyte, what means that even if they're not controled by us they may still manifest some behaviousr of a lifeform(also my theory that our Warframe destroyed stalker's sword becaus we commanded it subconsciusly) And i belive thaat specters are some sort of materialized digital copy of such warframe, you know like we can enter digital world in room of Cephalon suda, then maybe when the proccess is inverted the digital copy of warframe cna enter our world as Specter.

But for me more interesting question is why there are so many warframes ? Why they're so diffrent in shape and form when they supposed to be mass produced weapon only made diffrent with abilities,? Why they have so much personality put in them. Well i have my theory about it, and also about Stlakers but then you would have to taake a look on my quest concept or more exactly on the specific places i've  told about in my reply to @ashes of suvius above

no offence but that was alot of reading, and you basically said "I dont want to spoil the surprise" about anything interesting. All I got out of it is that you want a new shop, a new quest that u dont want to explain, new tilesets, a new frame, new archwing, 10 cephelon companions, and for our tenno to be inside the warframes now for another reason than changing the history but again you dont seem to want to explain why. This seemed like way too much reading for you to never explain why any of this is a good idea.

I can assume what you were leading at but you never got there in your post. I'm not going to comment on what i think you might have meant, cuz im just guessing at this point

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

no offence but that was alot of reading, and you basically said "I dont want to spoil the surprise" about anything interesting. All I got out of it is that you want a new shop, a new quest that u dont want to explain, new tilesets, a new frame, new archwing, 10 cephelon companions, and for our tenno to be inside the warframes now for another reason than changing the history but again you dont seem to want to explain why. This seemed like way too much reading for you to never explain why any of this is a good idea.

I can assume what you were leading at but you never got there in your post. I'm not going to comment on what i think you might have meant, cuz im just guessing at this point

Ehm i think you misunderstood it a little, i explained out there that trick with helm dosen't put our operator in warframe, it only a trick to fool enemies, that have more mechanics than only opening helmet(it also creates false face of our operator on the revealed technocyte head), but the mechanism of helmet opening is a remain of something i've pointed in that grey text,if you couldn't read it normally you could always highlight it to make background contrastinfg with it, or maybe i should write it over here ?

6 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

Ehm i think you misunderstood it a little, i explained out there that trick with helm dosen't put our operator in warframe, it only a trick to fool enemies, that have more mechanics than only opening helmet(it also creates false face of our operator on the revealed technocyte head), but the mechanism of helmet opening is a remain of something i've pointed in that grey text,if you couldn't read it normally you could always highlight it to make background contrastinfg with it, or maybe i should write it over here ?

I read it. It doesn't explain anything. What you just typed here is exactly how much your thread explained.

this doesn't tell me why its a good idea for DE to spend time making all these helmets open and all that instead of working on something like solar rails or umbra or dojo stuff. Most of what you are asking for is asset heavy n it seems to be for little reason. What's the point? I'm not getting the allure of any of it. I'm not getting why we as players would care to play this? So we can have a tenno face in our helmet? I dont get it.

I read it. It doesn't explain anything. What you just typed here is exactly how much your thread explained.

this doesn't tell me why its a good idea for DE to spend time making all these helmets open and all that instead of working on something like solar rails or umbra or dojo stuff. Most of what you are asking for is asset heavy n it seems to be for little reason. What's the point? I'm not getting the allure of any of it. I'm not getting why we as players would care to play this? So we can have a tenno face in our helmet? I dont get it.

Ehh i just wrote it in rather misterious way to make ppl think a little, to make them think out meaning of it on their own, not to just say everything  directly, so if yea read this text i can give you another hint "Children of Zariman" are we, so then who were thouse who were called tenno before us ? hope this will give your imagination a solid kick.

its not about my imagination, we were the children of the zariman because we were kids on the zariman 10-0 ship which was lost in the void and when we were recovered we were changed by the void. That is the lore. There is no reason to believe there were others before us and you telling me to imagine it doesn't change that.

ehhh and what else new quest coud be if not extention of lore ? damn it i think you don't get idea of fan concepts, if all concept had to be lore-firendly we coudln't have Clem, Bursas or few warframe desings made by players.

1 minute ago, AVSManfred said:

ehhh and what else new quest coud be if not extention of lore ? damn it i think you don't get idea of fan concepts, if all concept had to be lore-firendly we coudln't have Clem, Bursas or few warframe desings made by players.

it just seems like the only place it tied to lore was where you misunderstood what "children of the zariman" means. I love fan concepts, but they gotta make sense with something we already know.

it just seems like the only place it tied to lore was where you misunderstood what "children of the zariman" means. I love fan concepts, but they gotta make sense with something we already know.

You know i could just tell out whole idea and m ake it clear for readers, but then it would have same effect like if DE could tell us whole scenario fo 2nd Dream before releasing it, i just want it to be a huge revelation of a mistery  about which we had very little info.Also if you read it you probaly read out that this new shop supposed to be also source of lore about times of Orokin, times about which we have very little official lore, what means that refering to it anyways dosen't give much grip in what we know.

46 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

You know i could just tell out whole idea and m ake it clear for readers, but then it would have same effect like if DE could tell us whole scenario fo 2nd Dream before releasing it, i just want it to be a huge revelation of a mistery  about which we had very little info.Also if you read it you probaly read out that this new shop supposed to be also source of lore about times of Orokin, times about which we have very little official lore, what means that refering to it anyways dosen't give much grip in what we know.

all I'm saying is that we knew several things about TWW and the second dream that teased us to want to play them. I'm just not really getting that from your post. I would want to find out things from the old war from teshin, the lotus, hunhow, the stalker and other characters of the like that were alive back then or something more like the op of this thread where we would somehow experience it ourselves. As much as I like the idea of a librarian/scholar figure from the orokin age, I wouldn't want to find out things in the library. I'd want a more hands on or first hand experience. I like some parts and base ideas of your post but didn't feel like it added up to a well formed concept. You pointed us to your post giving us the impression that you theorize there or tell us what you think about the topics we were discussing here, but it doesn't go into any of that info. It didnt go into any of the interesting bits of info to catch our attention like this thread did for me.

all I'm saying is that we knew several things about TWW and the second dream that teased us to want to play them. I'm just not really getting that from your post. I would want to find out things from the old war from teshin, the lotus, hunhow, the stalker and other characters of the like that were alive back then or something more like the op of this thread where we would somehow experience it ourselves. As much as I like the idea of a librarian/scholar figure from the orokin age, I wouldn't want to find out things in the library. I'd want a more hands on or first hand experience. I like some parts and base ideas of your post but didn't feel like it added up to a well formed concept. You pointed us to your post giving us the impression that you theorize there or tell us what you think about the topics we were discussing here, but it doesn't go into any of that info. It didnt go into any of the interesting bits of info to catch our attention like this post did for me.

Ehh i kow that this quest itself don't have that much content, but well i was creating it as a 1st part of enthire storyline, where we could  meet more characters that lived in times of Orokin, fought in Old War and shaped Tenno culture, but well problem is that well until 1st part won't make it ut it dosen't make much sense for trying to push trought parts that should go out next, and also "library" itself could be source of the lore, but actually we coudl study it's knowledge with help of it's keeper, who was also one of such characters that expirienced Old War directly.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

we can talk more in your thread or something. I still think your idea needs to be thought out better, but either way, it kinda hijacked this thread, which did have a fairly well thought out idea that deserves to be discussed.

yeah i also think that we should move discussion about my ideas to my topic :P

22 hours ago, FoxFX said:

theres nothing to suggest sentients ever possessed or used warframes. Specters either are warframes or copies of them built with a controlled Ai or something. Their mysteries are interesting to me, but i dont feel they tie in too much here. If they are full fledged warframes the ones we didn't build probably did have a tenno pilot at some point. But our warframes that we built and pilot, are not from the old war and have no previous tenno. They have no history before we built them. It would have to be encoded into the make up of that warframe from the prototype, so each one we experience would be memories of the first edition of that frame, all from the old war, its test run before mass production. It would be cool to see experiences of tenno when the were just test things and then later, once we were proven to be weapons seeing a tennos experience being deployed for the first time in a new line of experimental frame, changing the tide, even just briefly against the sentient menace. These could also be a good lead in of using more sentient focused combat for later bringing them back as a full fledged faction in modern times.

theres nothing to suggest sentients ever possessed or used warframes. Specters either are warframes or copies of them built with a controlled Ai or something. If they are full fledged warframes the ones we didn't build probably did have a tenno pilot at some point. But our warframes that we built and pilot, are not from the old war and have no previous tenno. They have no history before we built them. It would have to be encoded into the make up of that warframe from the prototype, so each one we experience would be memories of the first edition of that frame, all from the old war, its test run before mass production. It would be cool to see experiences of tenno when the were just test things and then later, once we were proven to be weapons seeing a tennos experience being deployed for the first time in a new line of experimental frame, changing the tide, even just briefly against the sentient menace. These could also be a good lead in of using more sentient focused combat for later bringing them back as a full fledged faction in modern times.

Kinnda agree with fact that sentients never used warframes, i the end one of the reasons why Tenno were so efficient agains them was that they couldn't be overtaken by Sentients, due to their biological nature, and about that our warframes aren't from times of ald war, well ther's always one exeption, starter frame, but honestly doing so much for only short range fof frames feels like not that good idea :P

7 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

Kinnda agree with fact that sentients never used warframes, i the end one of the reasons why Tenno were so efficient agains them was that they couldn't be overtaken by Sentients, due to their biological nature, and about that our warframes aren't from times of ald war, well ther's always one exeption, starter frame, but honestly doing so much for only short range fof frames feels like not that good idea :P

starter frame is just a gameplay mechanic. Yes its from the old war but thats only one. Of course i should also mention that digging into the memory of a warframe we were piloting wouldnt really give us more history than exploring our own memory more, the prototype part is what makes this idea cool to me, that we could see glimpses of the first version of each frame, without working around the starter frame issue

I kinda feel like some frames quests explore the individual frame we find wreckage or evidence of that leads us to recreating it, so usually its last known instance of this frame in a way. It'd be cool to get some of the first known instances. Or in titanias case, cuz it kinda seems like the first n last might have been the same in that case, tell the story from the frames side when it came to silvanas aid.