The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extraction in excavation and survival missions.

Atekron

In my opinion we should be able to extract from this mission types alone like in defense and interception. Yesterday two guys decide to end up Hieracon mission on 2210 excavated points, sometimes you just can't play together with Mirage that has simulor, or just I realy need to go after 50 minutes of survival in endless relics but don't want to lose all progress.

They need to re-work the system. For example I also want new people be able to join after the first round/excavator whatever. Because the problem currently is that let's say 2 people leave, that means you either also leave or you have to keep playing with only 2 people because no one new can join anymore after the first objective is archived. While this makes sense in missions like extermination or sabotage, it makes no sense in endless missions. New people should be able to fill open slots as long as the mission is running.

Just now, ----Fenrir---- said:

They need to re-work the system. For example I also want new people be able to join after the first round/excavator whatever. Because the problem currently is that let's say 2 people leave, that means you either also leave or you have to keep playing with only 2 people because no one new can join anymore after the first objective is archived. While this makes sense in missions like extermination or sabotage, it makes no sense in endless missions. New people should be able to fill open slots as long as the mission is running.

That was my initial thought when reading some posts in this thread, but unfortunately that could mean low geared players being thrown into an endless mission at a point where they have almost no chance to survive.

It would only work if you gave players an option to join missions in progress or not.

Although it would be nice, I am not sure of how feasible is to implement this. 

I don't know how mission progress is stored in the mission instance (server/host side) but I've already seen the chaos it produce when the host leaves and a host migration is triggered.

Previously, on rift missions, ALL rewards were lost but mission progress is kept. Now, it seems to keep rewards BUT, when someone leaves, if you pick some of the rolls of the one who leaves the party, that pick is replaced with your original roll. 

Depending on how this is handled, it can be very taxing on the servers or very open to exploits (maybe both)...

Edited by es3ado

+100 to Solo extraction.

5 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

New people should be able to fill open slots as long as the mission is running.

-1 to that. i believe after wave 5-10(or 5/10 min) you should not be able to join ongoing session.

Edited by PiotrGracz

2 hours ago, PiotrGracz said:

+100 to Solo extraction.

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

join missions in progress

-1 to that. i believe after wave 5-10(or 5/10 min) you should not be able to join ongoing session.

I'm not sure why you quoted a fragment of my post out of context, I wasn't the one making the original suggestion.

But now I'm curious, why do you think that option is a bad idea?

3 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

why do you think that option is a bad idea?

I have seen cases of "preparing quests" in other game(s).
Basically, someone with enough in game "power" starts quests instance and facerolls trough 45min just to invite multiple(usually less powerful) buddies at very end, before rewards/exp is given. i didn't like it there, and i would like to not see it here.

and me quoting you is simply...
Brainfart. I wanted to quote Fenrir (which You also quoted, thats probably where my mind slipped)

8 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

That was my initial thought when reading some posts in this thread, but unfortunately that could mean low geared players being thrown into an endless mission at a point where they have almost no chance to survive.

There is always the choice to simply leave. And leaving just after joining does not even make people lose anything.

8 hours ago, PiotrGracz said:

+100 to Solo extraction.

Why? Without that solo extraction almost always messes those up that want to stay. Some missions like interception for example are really annoying to run without a full team.

Edited by ----Fenrir----