The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate frames.

LordOfScrugging

So with Nidus being confirmed to be in a quest tied to the perrin sequence, it seems that there will be a frame quest per syndicate. What themes are you predicting for the syndicates?

So far we have: 

Loka with Titania

Perrin with Nidus

I think Suda will get bard frame

veil will get some form of ghost/specter frame. (Would kinda function more like limbo and nyx)

Steel will get a shielder (has a giant shield, can tank and aggro like crazy and can self heal; think rhino and valkyr's love child) 

Then we reach arbiters. If this frame is anything Boltor related I will be very upset. I'll be watching you DE. Stop the boltors, it's not funny anymore.

What are your thoughts?

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

So with Nidus being confirmed to be in a quest tied to the perrin sequence, it seems that there will be a frame quest per syndicate. What themes are you predicting for the syndicates?

So far we have: 

Loka with Titania

Perrin with Nidus

I think Suda will get bard frame

veil will get some form of ghost/specter frame. (Would kinda function more like limbo and nyx)

Steel will get a shielder (has a giant shield, can tank and aggro like crazy and can self heal; think rhino and valkyr's love child) 

Then we reach arbiters. If this frame is anything Boltor related I will be very upset. I'll be watching you DE. Stop the boltors, it's not funny anymore.

What are your thoughts?

I know it's all speculation, but that idea has me really wanting an assault shield as eiter an ability or a weapon.

7 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

The Arbiters quest 'frame is literally just going to be a big metal spike, and you will love it. This is not optional.

10 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I think they will be the bard frame, since they reject the tenno as a warrior myth.

Nidus should be a Red Veil frame. A Perrin Sequence quest should not be wasted on some problem with the infestation. The Perrin Sequence are fighting the Corpus. Their quest should be about that conflict, why the Sequence broke from them, and it should tell us more about the Corpus. Not the Infested. It really makes me upset that DE doesn't seem to have a grasp on story development. And I say that because, quite honestly, a Perrin Sequence quest is the only place we're going to get any meaningful development of Perrin Sequence. And we won't get that from a quest about the Infested.

On the flip side, the Red Veil literally have infested stuff in their relay room, yet it obviously didn't cross anyone's mind at DE that they'd be fitting for their new infested frame. I don't even understand how that's possible. It's the common sense thing to do, and other people were speculating that well before yesterday's devstream. So I don't understand how DE can not understand that.

I know, I'm probably taking this a bit too seriously, but I honestly feel like they are butchering their own story by doing random stuff instead of things that make sense and that further develop their lore.

I'm already upset about what they did with New Loka (in short, they basically undermined New Loka's entire purpose for existing, one by making them obsessed with a grove more than with restoring humanity on Earth, and two by having the New Loka leader want to give up and quit everything just because she finds out the truth about the grove).

I'm one of the ones who wasn't satisfied with TWW because it failed to tell us anything more meaningful about the Grineer. Nothing about their structure, about how the Queens gained power, about why the Grineer look up to them, etc. Nothing. Instead, we got a bunch of Disney-esque villains who act more like the Wicked Witch of the West and Harley Quinn than they do TWIN Queens who were supposed to be renown warriors (according to the Kuria lore).

And I'm once again annoyed because seems like they're gonna have yet another missed lore opportunity with Perrin Sequence and the Infested.

I really wish they had a dedicated story group that was focused on charting out the lore for this game. And if they already have such a writing group, then imo they need to get some new people in there because I don't think they're doing a good job.

11 minutes ago, Separius said:

I think they will be the bard frame, since they reject the tenno as a warrior myth.

Idk I feel like it will be suda. She will be discovering music for the first time lol. For arbiters I feel like it would be cool to have an alchemist. Create something by converting other materials, rather than destroy stuff. Although i'm kinda biased cause i've been wanting am alchemist and tried to make a concept for one.

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Idk I feel like it will be suda. She will be discovering music for the first time lol. For arbiters I feel like it would be cool to have an alchemist. Create something by converting other materials, rather than destroy stuff. Although i'm kinda biased cause i've been wanting am alchemist and tried to make a concept for one.

DE just linked the Infested frame to Perrin Sequence of all syndicates, instead of to Red Veil. It highly probable that they'll link the Bard frame to the Arbiters instead of Suda.

19 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Nidus should be a Red Veil frame. A Perrin Sequence quest should not be wasted on some problem with the infestation. The Perrin Sequence are fighting the Corpus. Their quest should be about that conflict, why the Sequence broke from them, and it should tell us more about the Corpus. Not the Infested. It really makes me upset that DE doesn't seem to have a grasp on story development. And I say that because, quite honestly, a Perrin Sequence quest is the only place we're going to get any meaningful development of Perrin Sequence. And we won't get that from a quest about the Infested.

On the flip side, the Red Veil literally have infested stuff in their relay room, yet it obviously didn't cross anyone's mind at DE that they'd be fitting for their new infested frame. I don't even understand how that's possible. It's the common sense thing to do, and other people were speculating that well before yesterday's devstream. So I don't understand how DE can not understand that.

I know, I'm probably taking this a bit too seriously, but I honestly feel like they are butchering their own story by doing random stuff instead of things that make sense and that further develop their lore.

I'm already upset about what they did with New Loka (in short, they basically undermined New Loka's entire purpose for existing, one by making them obsessed with a grove more than with restoring humanity on Earth, and two by having the New Loka leader want to give up and quit everything just because she finds out the truth about the grove).

I'm one of the ones who wasn't satisfied with TWW because it failed to tell us anything more meaningful about the Grineer. Nothing about their structure, about how the Queens gained power, about why the Grineer look up to them, etc. Nothing. Instead, we got a bunch of Disney-esque villains who act more like the Wicked Witch of the West and Harley Quinn than they do TWIN Queens who were supposed to be renown warriors (according to the Kuria lore).

And I'm once again annoyed because seems like they're gonna have yet another missed lore opportunity with Perrin Sequence and the Infested.

I really wish they had a dedicated story group that was focused on charting out the lore for this game. And if they already have such a writing group, then imo they need to get some new people in there because I don't think they're doing a good job.

There was never anything mentioned by it being an infested quest. There might be infestation, however they stated thathat the villain of the quest is obsessed with the index. It might be some corpus bigwig that's using the infestation as weapons to make more money in the index, while showing how greedy the corpus is.

The sheer fact that Perrin is getting the an infested frame leads me to believe no themes are predictable for any of the other syndicates.

14 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

+1 Nidus also would've been a decent choice for New Loka given their infested death squad, plus an infested related quest could easily be tied into their theme of a pure humanity.

The thematic disparity between Warframes and their acquisition methods has grown considerably, but Nidus takes the cake.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

There was never anything mentioned by it being an infested quest. There might be infestation, however they stated thathat the villain of the quest is obsessed with the index. It might be some corpus bigwig that's using the infestation as weapons to make more money in the index, while showing how greedy the corpus is.

Let's take a look at what the Perrin Sequence is all about, shall we?

A collective of brilliant and powerful merchants, splintered from the Corpus. Their goal is to restore order by bringing prosperity and direction to the violent world they study.

Following their own doctrine to achieve Profit, The Perrin Sequence have turned away from the Corpus ideology that conflict must be capitalized upon. Instead these merchants search for ways to exercise their trade without instigating violence.

This is what Perrin Sequence is all about. The Corpus are war profiteers. The Index is just some dumb game run by Nef Anyo. Instead of DE continually trying to push their PvE version of Conclave, as a means to get people interested in Conclave (it's still not getting people to like the mode), they could be fleshing out the Corpus as a whole, not just through the limited perspective of The Index. The Perrin Sequence want to restore order by bringing prosperity and direction to the violent world theAnd  y study. They've turned away from the Corpus ideology that conflict must be capitalized upon. That conflict extends far beyond The Index, and honestly has nothing to do with the Infestation.

I understand that for some people, DE's proposed idea seems awesome. But I think it's too small. I think DE needs to think bigger. That means not just focusing on the Index because they think it's cool, but thinking about how they can further develop the Corpus, and reveal much more of their backstory, through the lens of the Perrin Sequence with regards to the Perrin Sequence's goals. And pursuing a story about the Index and the infestation is not going to do that.

9 minutes ago, Kukukatchoo said:

The sheer fact that Perrin is getting the an infested frame leads me to believe no themes are predictable for any of the other syndicates.

+1 Nidus also would've been a decent choice for New Loka given their infested death squad, plus an infested related quest could easily be tied into their theme of a pure humanity.

The thematic disparity between Warframes and their acquisition methods has grown considerably, but Nidus takes the cake.

I don't feel like the frames are supposed to reflect the actual syndicates, rather reflect something they are dealing with. For titania, it was more so about the past of that scientist who became the Grove than the reason that loka was looking for the grove.

If they were making frames themed around the syndicates, we'd have a grineer frame (meridian), a moa frame (perrin), a walking cephalon (suda) a walking Bolton (arbiters) and an edgy kid doing the naruto run (veil)

9 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I don't feel like the frames are supposed to reflect the actual syndicates, rather reflect something they are dealing with. For titania, it was more so about the past of that scientist who became the Grove than the reason that loka was looking for the grove.

If they were making frames themed around the syndicates, we'd have a grineer frame (meridian), a moa frame (perrin), a walking cephalon (suda) a walking Bolton (arbiters) and an edgy kid doing the naruto run (veil)

If they were themed around the syndicates, we'd have Titania for New Loka because Titania is made by an Orokin, and New Loka clearly has some affinity for the Orokin, seeing as they have Orokin stuff in their relay room. Such a quest would explain why New Loka dislikes the Orokin yet have Orokin stuff, and what their views are on humanity, not just on trees. We'd see a more mechanical-based frame for Perrin Sequence, not necessarily an actual MOA frame. We'd see a melee-, probably sword-based frame for Arbiters, seeing as they literally have sword motifs everywhere. We see an INFESTED frame for Red Veil, not some edgy kid. We'd probably see the bard frame for Suda because Suda is all about curiosity and discovery. We'd see a more militaristic, ballistic frame for Steel Meridian, because it fits. With all the Syndicates, we'd actually see a frame that fits into a quest that actually helps explain the Syndicates, and why they use the things that they use, why they look the way they look, and why they do the things they do, instead of quests that serve either to mock the syndicates (The Silver Grove) or do something random with them (Infested + Index for Perrin Sequence). We'd actually have quests that are meant to further the lore, not just to be random funny quests.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

6 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Making Nidus a New Lokan frame would've covered both those bases, was my point. Though, Titania technically also does, as her pixie theme is sort of in line with the magic plant aesthetic NL has going on.

I don't think the argument here is that the warframes should be Syndicate Mascots, especially since DE is making it more about quest than the frame. It's moreso that there is a very jarring difference between a corpus faction quest and the reward being an infested frame.

Just now, Kukukatchoo said:

Making Nidus a New Lokan frame would've covered both those bases, was my point. Though, Titania technically also does, as her pixie theme is sort of in line with the magic plant aesthetic NL has going on.

I don't think the argument here is that the warframes should be Syndicate Mascots, especially since DE is making it more about quest than the frame. It's moreso that there is a very jarring difference between a corpus faction quest and the reward being an infested frame.

Titania fits New Loka just fine. And it could've been a vehicle for exploring New Loka's stated goal of REPOPULATING EARTH with a PURE HUMANITY, as well as their views on humanity and on the Orokin and on the purity of Earth. The warframe isn't the problem, it's that all DE chose to focus on were the plants and trees.

2 minutes ago, Kukukatchoo said:

That's the thing, if the villain of the quest is using infestation in the index then it would make complete sense. We don't know what the actual story of the quest will be, so assuming there will be no hint of infestation is just speculation. Claiming it should be a red veil frame cause they have infested in their room is like saying steel should have a grineer frame cause they have grineer stuff in their room. I'm not denying that it would suit the specific syndicate better, but anyone who thinks the frames should match the syndicate thematically are just wrong.

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

That's the thing, if the villain of the quest is using infestation in the index then it would make complete sense. We don't know what the actual story of the quest will be, so assuming there will be no hint of infestation is just speculation. Claiming it should be a red veil frame cause they have infested in their room is like saying steel should have a grineer frame cause they have grineer stuff in their room. I'm not denying that it would suit the specific syndicate better, but anyone who thinks the frames should match the syndicate thematically are just wrong.

It doesn't make nearly as much sense as having the Infested frame be in a quest with Red Veil, that actually explores Red Veil's history, their goals, and why they use the Infested, as well as how the Infestation helps them further their goals.

It doesn't make nearly as much sense as having a Perrin Sequence quest be solely focused on Perrin Sequence's history, their goals, and those things in the context of Corpus history and Corpus goals.

And NO, people who want the frames that are integral to Syndicate quests to match the syndicates, and their goals, and their design, are NOT wrong.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

This.

10 minutes ago, Kukukatchoo said:

I don't think the argument here is that the warframes should be Syndicate Mascots, especially since DE is making it more about quest than the frame.

This.