Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

Shock is still &#!. Low damage, stun isn't long if it even has one, and the chaining is alright. Even with the changes, its not worth the energy.

Speed really doesn't belong on the frame anymore. Overload and Electric Shield are too stationary, and don't mesh with the lackluster buff Speed provides.

Electric shield got considerably better, but still lacks the coverage it needs. Moving enemies quickly diminish its use.

Overload is worse, change it back. It takes too long to cast for no benefit.

I dare say you made him worse.

You do realize MOSt people would not like speed being removed and many would not like the additional buffs being removed. Many play him for his speed and many shall not play him anymore which would be then be a waste of resources changing him and all that work into creating him for nothing. Remove speed, might as well remove Volt as well and replace him and his powers altogether creating a host of new elec powers or different powers.

Waste of energy and time...

Rather than remove speed, perhaps they should allow him to move with the shield while using speed to ram enemies causing massive damage and knocking them away. or when he swings, his shield them embodies the weapon causing elec damage, but the shield wont do damage itself while speed stuns the enemies.

All this while maintaining the speed boost which causes electricity to flow more through the frame leaving behind a trail of electricity.

Might as well be as fast as lightning and swing as fast. have to find a way to make speed work or force it.

I finally decided to roll a Volt after seeing these changes, I've not tried a Volt prior so I don't feel the changes to speed as much as those who actively played him before.

Shock feels awesome when it works, I've fully upgraded it and am using Focus to go along with it. My biggest issue however is it seems to bug out very often where I use it and can no longer melee or use any of my abilities. Turning me into a walking frame who will rely completely on their guns. (I'm currently not using it on my Warframe due to how often it seems to bug me out)

I feel his base speed feels slow compared to others, especially as a character who has a power called "Speed". I'm now working on getting a Rush capped so I can catch up.

I've avoided Electric Shield for now as I've seen the coverage was rather small and the shield was immovable. (I'll be trying it when my Volt is higher leveled and I can put it in)

Overload feels pretty awesome, but the hit detection seems off; some enemies seem to avoid it while another enemy next to them is shocked and dies.

Overall, I feel the changes are cool and I'm enjoying the Volt. I feel like some of these changes had some oversight that can hopefully be hotfixed, (boosting natural sprint speed on Volt), and that the shock bug can be quickly fixed.

OP at lower levels? Dude, go play Excalibur or Frost at lower levels and then say anything about Volt. Volt is supposed to be high damage like the game said. I would assume his defenses would keep their current S#&$ status to balance that out so no, he won't be OP I they make him what they said he was. You can't be OP if you die at just the sight of a Heavy Gunner.

Your feedback is bad and You should feel bad!

Instead of raging against my statements You might wanna be constructive. An ingame description can be changed in a heartbeat. Much more difficult is balancing him for lower and higher levels, which I at least tried to address here. All Im saying is that giving him more and more damage wont do the job, cause every damage dealing ability is lost at some point considering higher and higher enemiy lvls. To keep him usable and interesting I was suggesting giving his abilities more tactical value...

ZOMG please fix the power in use bug for shock! Every mission I ran yesterday Volt went from being fun (now) to total suck because of this. Seems you have a 50% chance if losing your ability to melee and cast any powers for the rest of the mission if you use shock.

Secondly, overload seems to have lost that cool 'whoooosh' sound associated with it's widespread killing of all local electrical components. Bring that sound back please!

I think ults that do elemental damage or do not ignore armor should take least damage reduction from elemental resistance of enemies, and the resistance taken into account should be the one of their weak spot, so that they will do same damage to every enemy at every level.

For example, Ancient infested should take 100% damage from Overload, and medium armored Grineers should take 82% damage from Overload.

This makes those abilities worth to be used against any enemy at any lvl.

Edited by PachTrick

Xaero9, on 07 Jul 2013 - 3:20 PM, said:

Since around 10pm cst Shock has been malfunctioning in that it causes all powers to become locked as well as melee attacks. Has anyone experienced this?

Every mission I experienced this issue. I have since removed Shock from my choice of powers and am waiting for a fix. Having no way to melee or use powers, because our Shock breaks it, really sucks.

You do realize MOSt people would not like speed being removed and many would not like the additional buffs being removed. Many play him for his speed and many shall not play him anymore which would be then be a waste of resources changing him and all that work into creating him for nothing. Remove speed, might as well remove Volt as well and replace him and his powers altogether creating a host of new elec powers or different powers.

Waste of energy and time...

Rather than remove speed, perhaps they should allow him to move with the shield while using speed to ram enemies causing massive damage and knocking them away. or when he swings, his shield them embodies the weapon causing elec damage, but the shield wont do damage itself while speed stuns the enemies.

All this while maintaining the speed boost which causes electricity to flow more through the frame leaving behind a trail of electricity.

Might as well be as fast as lightning and swing as fast. have to find a way to make speed work or force it.

Normally I wouldn't plug my own thread, but I don't want to repost a big &#! wall of text.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74848-volts-rework/

The presented analysis is with the frame of mind that he's supposed to be a caster, as his in-game description implies. The rework propositions are merely to poke him in the direction I feel he should go, as we have plenty of stationary defense frames already. It doesn't take away his speed.

Its funny, we each had a very similar idea.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by DecoyCode

Your feedback is bad and You should feel bad!

Instead of raging against my statements You might wanna be constructive. An ingame description can be changed in a heartbeat. Much more difficult is balancing him for lower and higher levels, which I at least tried to address here. All Im saying is that giving him more and more damage wont do the job, cause every damage dealing ability is lost at some point considering higher and higher enemiy lvls. To keep him usable and interesting I was suggesting giving his abilities more tactical value...

Sorry for raging, I was in a bad mood at the time due to headaches. I also think Volt needs tactical value and one way to do that could be giving his attacks some synergy. Examples...

1:Shock-When used through E.Shield, It does extra damage.

When used during Speed, its amount of chaining and distance of chaining is doubled.

2:Speed: If Overload is used during Speed then Speed gets its duration extended and Speed gets slightly faster

3:E.Shield-If you or teammates under the effects of Speed run through the shield, they get a short extra speed boost. I'm talking faster then the original Speed but the time it lasts is only about 3 seconds.

4:Overload- After using Overload, all of Volt's abilities are charged and their effectiveness is increased by 1.2x,1.4x,1.6x,2x. Overload gets stronger the more you use it. Now to prevent people spamming Overloads until they are gods, the boost to the next Overload must be used in 15 seconds or it resets to regular Overload damage.

What do you think?

Edited by Solaurus

Normally I wouldn't plug my own thread, but I don't want to repost a big &#! wall of text.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74848-volts-rework/

The presented analysis is with the frame of mind that he's supposed to be a caster, as his in-game description implies. The rework propositions are merely to poke him in the direction I feel he should go, as we have plenty of stationary defense frames already. It doesn't take away his speed.

Its funny, we each had a very similar idea.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Speed should also keep it's swing speed buff and imbue his melee weapon with Electricity doing added damage. It makes sense for all his limbs to move just as fast. Don't you agree? Honestly, it's just awkward for someone who can run at such a high velocity, but swing so slow, especially someone who's based on lighting.

The Flash is a perfect example of this and so is Superman. Although they need to buff the swing speed some more.

And shooting through the 3rd skill can always grant a damage boost and elec bullets. 

Overload can provide that buff that makes everyones weapon elec with some damage boost or the move can do more damage overall while stunning everyone and everyone that comes within range leaving no man standing or he can cause lighting bolts to come down and strike everyone stunning and killing them.

Shock should simply cause high periodic damage whilst stunning them similar to the Torrid or Acrid.

Doing all this would basically make him fully voltage. Damage can be changed accordingly.

I feel unsafe and at the mercy of anything I don't kill around me every time I use overload. If I jump in to kill a group of enemies and there is a heavy and my overload keeps jumping from place to place, that is when heavies see me most vulnerable. Volt is nothing without Enemy Radar or peeking your head out cowardly and ubering behind a wall. Even then, the heavies can still run up to you and let loose if you're still in the Overload animation. I feel so unsafe with this Warframe. I give up on my main, my Volt warframe because its terrorizing to use. I don't want to die anymore.

Shock bug's all skills and melee curently

Yep. Really sucks for me since I melee 99% of the time. On the other hand, if you want an interesting handicap you can glitch yourself and be forced to use your other two weapons to get through the missions. I'm not used to using guns much as I mostly melee and shock things, granted I'm low level on the Venus stuff.

is it just me or the damage bonus by shooting through the shield is no longer as much as it was?

i used to be able to 1 shot lv 50s ancients using hek, at long ranges even, now not so much.

Yep. Really sucks for me since I melee 99% of the time. On the other hand, if you want an interesting handicap you can glitch yourself and be forced to use your other two weapons to get through the missions. I'm not used to using guns much as I mostly melee and shock things, granted I'm low level on the Venus stuff.

not quite a handicap for missions loaded with grineer rollers, or infested.

knockback/down immunity me gusta.

Y'know, I see a lot of people complaining about speed being nerfed. Well, since the speed of a weapon dash is based off melee attack speed, Dual Zorens have become much more handy for a Volt, dontcha think?

Okay DE, I don't know what you were going for with this but you somehow managed to make Volt, one of the worst frames, even worse ouside his 1 skill which has been bugged to a point where it can't be used for the whole weekend event

Shock

1. Bugged so you can't use any skills or melee after you use it on an enemy once

2. Arcing works somewhat well, the visual is subpar though and doesn't change always with energy color of the frame

3. Other than that it functions well, although still dealing way too little damage to infested and slightly too low damage on grineer. There's no need to punish people for playing volt or any other elemental frames in that regard. You should reward us for going against enemies weak to whatever element, not punish us for a class choice in a PvE game

4. Shock deals only 200 electrical damage. This is ridiculously small amount and needs to get upped by A LOT

Damage comparison

Rhino charge: 650 damage against all factions

Shuriken: 2x 500 damage against all factions (can headshot as well)

Slash dash: 500 damage against all factions, 1500 against light infested and moas

Speed

1. You wanted to reduce solorushing of volt players in parties? Well, you only just made it more prevelant. Poor volt can't do much outside speed and shock so he'll be most of the time nowdays. Faster attackspeed on melee means you can helicopter like no other with the added speed. I never solorushed with the old Volt but since these changes, overload is useless and all I have going for me is the ability to run way faster than others, even if they get buffed by my first speed and maybe second, I'll be coptering miles away by the third

2. FoV change is not very helpful for teammates, some other sort of visual effect needs to replace this

Shield

1. Rework this, please. A fast and squishy battlemage class needs a third enemy killing ability rather than a gimmicky damage amplifier with tiny shield

Overload

1. Sound quake without stunlock and with damage type that only works against corpus? Who thought that was a good idea? I know you are trying but come on, ask from players or design council about this stuff. Last thing Volt needed was a nerf to his best 'alternative to gunplay' skill

2. This skill needs no cast time. You overload your surroundings with electricity and send out a shockwave that destroys lights. I don't see where the 'standing in air for 10 seconds waving your hands around' comes into play in this skill thematically. The shorter the animation, the better for a mobile caster class

3. The old overload was better. It might have had less damage overall but at least it didn't kill you in the process and it dealt it's damage consistently to the enemies within the AoE. Quick, instant damage was it's selling point. Now you made it into a damage over time with long-&#! channel that's practically useless. On the same patch you overbuffed rhino ultimate to the point where it outclasses every other ultimate skill in the game regarding damage and CC. Devs get to have favourites but you don't have to punish us for not wanting to play rhino or vauban, we get enough of that from our teammates in defense missions already

4. Weak damage yet again. 1000 electrical damage over 5 seconds of channeling

Damage comparison

Sound quake: 1050 damage against all factions over 7 seconds of channeling, stunlocks all enemies for the duration

Rhino stomp: 1200 damage (with roar) against all factions, applies 9 second stun, instant cast (wtf devs, seriously)

Crush: 1000 damage against all factions after cast animation, all enemies are stunned during the animation

Miasma: ~800 poison damage (ignores all damage resistances), instant cast, stuns enemies that don't die for ~3 seconds

Edited by Uuni

Ok, Volt is my favorite frame and I like that he has been look at but, now he feels off. Any way here is my feedback.

Shock: I like that is chains correctly now but, it doesn't do that much damage to be consider useful.

1.) To be keep as is it needs a longer stun time and higher chains or change it to have more damage and chain as is.

2.) Focus should increase damage while stretch should increase the number of chains.

Speed: Ok i find the new team buff kind of useless. Let me explain.

1.) It may increase the speed of other warframes but some teammates find this annoying and the only warframe that

can really benefit from this is Ember because of her World on fire which makes her have to run around to do damage. All of the other warframe abilities do not seem to benefit from this skill.

2.) The melee increase is nice but, it doesn't not seem to be an significant increase and with a fully ranked fury mod      it seems not to affect melee at all. Also, since normal melee attacks are not do much damage, speed is not going to         see its full use.

3.) If you are looking for more co-op theme abilities then think about this https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/70294-more-power-combinations-for-cooperative-play/#entry750982'>idea

Electric shield: It needs to be a little bigger and have an stun if enemies pass though it or be something similar to Ember's overheat.

Overload: If there is going to be an animation with this ability then it either needs an invincibility period or a pulse that stuns enemies to keep Volt from getting killed while doing this move, or no animation at all.  

just my two-cents on the 8.3 Volt.

So, is anybody else kinda feeling screwed by the fact that 3 out of the 4 skills Volt has are broken and/or barely usable during an event weekend?  Oh, and the Speed gets a nerf, after the armor was slashed to 20% what it used to be.  Not that Speed really fits a Warframe that has 2 immobile moves, including it's Uber.  Then count the fact that said Uber couples with the low armor to kill anyone attempting to use it against a somewhat leveled foe.

Yeah, not cool.

Edited by Cytobel

The Volt's first ability is just there to make every other warframe abilities look good. In that light it is amazing!!!

This.

Tried volt out again:

Shock: Yay I can tickle more enemies with my pathetic damage.

Shield: I can't shoot through my shield any more (way to break the only decent ability).

Speed: I keep getting moaned at by other squad members at their screwed up vision.

Overload: I got killed 'after' finishing casting overload as I hung in the air for several seconds (wtf am I trrying to change the light bulbs)???