Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 8.3: Feedback Thread

[DE]Rebecca

After the latest update I have noticed that the overload ability damage has decreased and enemies which died before now don't die and I am still stuck in the air for 5-10 seconds helpless while toxics take all my health and I die.

Hey, everyone.

Concerning the time of which Volt seems to get stuck in the air (it still seems variable).

I've noticed that Volt's lockup stance continues on a short while after the radius wave has stopped being effective, the reason for this is because the stance will continue according to how many electrical sources have (and are being) blown in the area, whereas before this was not taken into consideration - lights and electrical devices could continue to blow out and you were able to move.

Now that Overload causes a DOT, he will continue to stay locked up until all electricals in the area are blown and they deal their DOT, causing corpus ships to lock you solid for up to half a minute in the right wrong place.

Surely it would be simpler to place a DOT duration over the initial overload and allow the frame to continue moving, regardless to how many lights have gone ka-put.

This seems like a repressive balance to Volt that really isn't needed, seeming his effectiveness against other factions aside from Corpus is mediocre by comparison.

A supposed offense frame with low armour should be able to keep up some mobility, over-locking him like this is just an unnecessary hindrance.

Set Volt free, so he can be the Badass we want him to be.

The "hit detection" of things walking into overload has decreased, but that is probably because of how they had to speed the ult up.

I can confirm that electric explosions, lights and stuff, lock you in place till they're done

The "hit detection" of things walking into overload has decreased, but that is probably because of how they had to speed the ult up.

I can confirm that electric explosions, lights and stuff, lock you in place till they're done

The map which I was on had 2 light sources which where blown right at the start but I still stay in the air for 5-10 seconds after I see no more visual effects occurring.

Edited by Korrosion

blowing up lights messes it up i guess, one more thing for them to fix. But i am glad that volt got looked at, when shock was working it was very fun and speed is fun to use on ppl lol

Edited by Deadmice

The FoV jerking with speed is a bit annoying when you are standing still in a cover or just idling between defense waves. And its bad if FoV changes when you are trying to aim at something.

Edited by Bearssi

Shock-lock bug is annoying, can't even test the skill.

Speed is good considering it only costs 25 energy, but the FoV thing really needs to be looked at. It can be very jarring for teammates.

Overload needs to have its animation time sped up, currently the Volt is just suspended mid-air and completely vulnerable for 5-10 seconds.

I think it would be neat if Volt's speed boost could make all the war frames have electricity form over their bodies, like the FX effect on Volt by default only faster to sorta signify that Volt is charging their warframes speed and such. Just a neat little idea.

Volt either needs a major damage boost to make up for his horrible armor (All of Excalibur's skills can outdamage Volt's when Volt is supposed to be "high damage warframe") or buff his armor or speed and market him as a support character as that's what it seems Scott wants to make. High damage classes/frames aren't supposed to have 2 skills for support (E.Shield+Speed) they are supposed to be glass cannons that can dish out metric S#&$-tons of damage. While getting killed at the drop of a hat because their defense is low. Volt has no damage and no defense.

So I was using speed on a solo run, and I noticed it used 50 energy as opposed to 25 energy. I tried using it when I had at least one other person in the squad and then it dropped back down to the usual 25. Wut.

And yes, the speed nerf is really bugging me. I thought it'd be nice if it gave you the original HYPERSPEED when you go solo and apply the... not-so-hyperspeed AoE buff when you have at least one more person in the squad.

But really though, I don't want to spend twice the amount of energy on nerfed speed if I'm going solo

Edit: My mistake, I tested it again, and it was only the floating numbers that told me I was using 50 energy. So the floating numbers say "50 Energy" when you're really using the normal 25. Please fix, it's pretty misleading!

Edited by S-7v96

So I was using speed on a solo run, and I noticed it used 50 energy as opposed to 25 energy. I tried using it when I had at least one other person in the squad and then it dropped back down to the usual 25. Wut.

And yes, the speed nerf is really bugging me. I thought it'd be nice if it gave you the original HYPERSPEED when you go solo and apply the... not-so-hyperspeed AoE buff when you have at least one more person in the squad.

But really though, I don't want to spend twice the amount of energy on nerfed speed if I'm going solo.

Shinryaku%20Ika%20Musume%20-%2006%20-%20

Even she's faster...

Shinryaku%20Ika%20Musume%20-%2006%20-%20

Even she's faster...

wat

But really though, I don't want to spend twice the amount of energy on nerfed speed if I'm going solo.

It uses 25 energy. The 50 you saw is just what speed used to cost but DE didnt change the value that popped up over Volt's head.

Edited by Solaurus

With Speed being a variable of Focus now, it kind hampers Volt all in all, seeing as he was a very lackluster Frame to begin with. Continuity, Focus, Flow, and Rush? Puts down a lot of options if you want to be able to keep up with a Loki with a maxed out Rush. The radial buff is really nice, all in all, for groups that want to go fast, but for Volt to be able to go fast at all, you need four whole mods.

You would think Volt would be the fastest Warframe, but that right's reserved for Loki.

So Electric Shield is now working as intended and it is a great help in many situations but I still feel it should be bigger, big enough to shield a sentinel without needing a specific mod at least, Overload still hangs forever if there are any electronics around for it to blow up and I still get left behind or yelled at for using Speed in a group.

I think Volt still needs some work.

Edit- Overload is also rather inconsistent with hitting new enemies that walk into range.

Edited by Silraed

Shock is still &#!. Low damage, stun isn't long if it even has one, and the chaining is alright. Even with the changes, its not worth the energy.

Speed really doesn't belong on the frame anymore. Overload and Electric Shield are too stationary, and don't mesh with the lackluster buff Speed provides.

Electric shield got considerably better, but still lacks the coverage it needs. Moving enemies quickly diminish its use.

Overload is worse, change it back. It takes too long to cast for no benefit.

I dare say you made him worse.

Edited by DecoyCode

It seems most here will agree that Volt needs further improvement.

Right now he already is a solid all around frame against lower and mid lvl enemies.

I am strongly against a further buff of his damage abilities, because that would make him OP in lower levels. To balance him for higher levels, I suggest, giving his abilities more tactical value.

1. Shock should have at least a chance to stun enemies it doesnt kill for a longer duration, consequently working with the Continuity mod. That would give him at least a minor crowd control ability.

2. Electric Shield should either work with the Stretch Mod making it bigger, and narrowing the gap between Electric Shield and Frosts Snow Globe. That would give him a more supportive role and he could be an alternative to Frost.

My preferred solution however would be to just lower the energy costs for his shield and thus make it more spammable, to take a more offensive role. (or both? :D)

3. Overload, see 1.

4. Speed: Hmm, I dont know what i feel about this. In theory its definately a nice idea to give a buff to your whole team, but in practical terms its kind of weird. When I play Volt and hit Speed, most of the time I get outrun by other frames.

But the problem lies more in the situations someone else plays Volt and hits Speed. It just doesnt feel right. Its like loosing a bit of control over your actions. If I want to snipe or play more static the Fov change does more harm than good.

Furthermore in a few hours of gameplay with the post 8.3 Volt I saw nearly no application for the meelee bonus, at least as a team buff. Sure its nice to have an increase in dps when I want to meelee away, but the guy next to me maybe doesnt want to melee and still gets that distracting Fov change.

So either give Volt a boost in basic sprint speed, or give him back his old Speed (or both :D), and get rid of the Fov change altogether.

Ember's fireball is broken, instead of adhering to targets it was fired at and causing them to burn for the duration, it now stands in space at the point the target was standing, but the target is free to move through and away from it. This seriously affects ember as an anti-infested frame, fireball is the go to utility for toxic ancients, helping to take them down quickly before getting into range of team members.

Edited by HexCaliber

Ember's fireball is broken, instead of adhering to targets it was fired at and causing them to burn for the duration, it now stands in space at the point the target was standing, but the target is free to move through and away from it. This seriously affects ember as an anti-infested frame, fireball is the go to utility for toxic ancients, helping to take them down quickly before getting into range of team members.

Question.

Why are you posting this on Volt feedback? I'm almost certain there are other pages for other warframes.

It seems most here will agree that Volt needs further improvement.

Right now he already is a solid all around frame against lower and mid lvl enemies.

I am strongly against a further buff of his damage abilities, because that would make him OP in lower levels. To balance him for higher levels, I suggest, giving his abilities more tactical value.

1. Shock should have at least a chance to stun enemies it doesnt kill for a longer duration, consequently working with the Continuity mod. That would give him at least a minor crowd control ability.

2. Electric Shield should either work with the Stretch Mod making it bigger, and narrowing the gap between Electric Shield and Frosts Snow Globe. That would give him a more supportive role and he could be an alternative to Frost.

My preferred solution however would be to just lower the energy costs for his shield and thus make it more spammable, to take a more offensive role. (or both? :D)

3. Overload, see 1.

4. Speed: Hmm, I dont know what i feel about this. In theory its definately a nice idea to give a buff to your whole team, but in practical terms its kind of weird. When I play Volt and hit Speed, most of the time I get outrun by other frames.

But the problem lies more in the situations someone else plays Volt and hits Speed. It just doesnt feel right. Its like loosing a bit of control over your actions. If I want to snipe or play more static the Fov change does more harm than good.

Furthermore in a few hours of gameplay with the post 8.3 Volt I saw nearly no application for the meelee bonus, at least as a team buff. Sure its nice to have an increase in dps when I want to meelee away, but the guy next to me maybe doesnt want to melee and still gets that distracting Fov change.

So either give Volt a boost in basic sprint speed, or give him back his old Speed (or both :D), and get rid of the Fov change altogether.

OP at lower levels? Dude, go play Excalibur or Frost at lower levels and then say anything about Volt. Volt is supposed to be high damage like the game said. I would assume his defenses would keep their current S#&$ status to balance that out so no, he won't be OP I they make him what they said he was. You can't be OP if you die at just the sight of a Heavy Gunner. Edited by Solaurus