Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone think short films are possible?

Hyroncore2

Given the nature it may not be posted in the correct thread but the idea to follow COULD be considered art but not the usual definition of Fan Art heh if that ends up being the case I must apologise and respect any mod move to another forum/subforum.

The short movie idea hit me after rewatching Red V Blue from the old Halo days. I was wondering though if there is a way to get legal (aka Digital Extremes permission in a required form) access to the models that could be used to make Unreal 4 movies? I have been making some terrains and was wondering if there was an model and texture asset pack available that could be used to create 10 minute shorts similar to the Red V Blue videos?

This would be a potentially great draw and while I have great experience in terrain making I wonder how far we could push it if DE were to get behind it. I also already have some script ideas in mind including the likes of Loki and Ivara arguing over whos better and a similar Nehza v Rhino script.

Any thoughts guys?

If Im aware, there are models of warframes in Valves Garry's Mod. As to legal matter - I dont know if it would be, since there are many channals that use warframe content in a miriad of ways. If you really want to be on the safe side, just dont monetize it.

5 minutes ago, Xardis said:

If Im aware, there are models of warframes in Valves Garry's Mod. As to legal matter - I dont know if it would be, since there are many channals that use warframe content in a miriad of ways. If you really want to be on the safe side, just dont monetize it.

True but are the models used fan made or ripped from the game? I want to be sure I do this right the entire way through and I dont know how legit the GMod ones are?

11 minutes ago, Hyroncore2 said:

True but are the models used fan made or ripped from the game? I want to be sure I do this right the entire way through and I dont know how legit the GMod ones are?

Try typing Warframe SFM (Source Film Maker) in google and check the images and see how you like them?

Edited by AXCrusnik

8 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Try typing Warframe SFM (Source Film Maker) in google and check the images and see how you like them?

Hmm I am wary of the SFM models as I am unsure how compatible they may be with Unreal 4. Not to mention that I am still unsure if those would be legal to use. As the first reply stated I am able to avoid most legal issues when I dont monetize but I want to be crystal clear as to what limits there are before I get started.

I will check out the SFM models in the mean time but until I can get a response from DE or a content creator who has knowledge I am unsure how to proceed short of continuing to make the areas and spaces I might use.

EDIT seems the SFM ones are just skinned GMOD player models? Not sure how that would translate to use in an engine like UE4. Might have to dig around a bit and see what I can find.

Edited by Hyroncore2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Hyroncore2 said:

Hmmm thanks for the heads up. Just wish DE would be more reactive to fan made content.

I wish that too.

For example, if I wanted to do a movie in a Infested tileset with no infested messing up the shots, I can't. 

If I want to take a shot from above or any cinematic angle I can't. 

Since the props and invironments are only accessable in Warframe,  I wish we had a way to glide through maps like a ghost for these purposes.

As it is, I think a comic is the best option, or just plain recreate similar rooms.