Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily reminder of what Ash Prime should have been

Denpoman

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

What's wrong with Ash Prime?, I love his Prime and Deluxe look. The artist did an amazing job.

Now if only Hydroid could get that prime love and and remove his fat legs. 😂

I love the Deluxe skin but it obviously costs plat to get and this is one of the few primes where I feel that it's look is actually worse than the base one (Talking about the helmet obviously, the body is ok)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Ash's prime design is based on samurai armors and helmet. This one looks like it's based on razor blades.

Still looks good tho

His entire kit is about blades: shuriken; teleport with backstab, room stab; improved bleeds with passive;D

Edited by Denpoman

1 minute ago, Smilomaniac said:

My biggest issue with the current Ash Prime are the color segments and how awkward he is is to color in general.

He reminds me of an egyptian, but the overall theme is probably insect/arachnid.

The word you're looking for is "shrimp".

And yes, Ash in general is hard to colourize

8 minutes ago, Denpoman said:

I love the Deluxe skin but it obviously costs plat to get and this is one of the few primes where I feel that it's look is actually worse than the base one (Talking about the helmet obviously, the body is ok)

His entire kit is about blades: shuriken; teleport with backstab, room stab; improved bleeds with passive;D

personly I think they slaped too much stuff on the body. would have been nicer if they did it more like in this concept art, with additional spikes instead of heavy looking aditions we got now.

The only "bad" thing about the deluxe skin is the fact that is doesnt go well with the original helmet as the pbr textures look akward with the normal ones. Once they add pbr to ash, or the carabid helmet arives my live is complete.

Edited by Dawn11715

1 minute ago, TheDefenestrater said:

so, instead of shrimp face samurai, you suggest spider face?

Actually yes, it would be much more appropriate whilst keeping in tone with the original prime concept (insectoid look).

My problem isn't that he looks like an insect/gastropod but like a freaking shrimp.

Edited by Denpoman

Just now, aligatorno said:

That design looks quite bad in my humble opinion. Too spiky, too edgy, not too orokin looking. Most of the primes look really elegant and well designed, doesn't fit in with the others. 

Other than the syandana I think it fits quite well.

But I respect yer opinion fam.

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

That design looks quite bad in my humble opinion. Too spiky, too edgy, not too orokin looking. Most of the primes look really elegant and well designed, this one doesn't fit in with the others. 

Yet the direction is not that different from the way nekros prime looks.

Primes are supposed to look regal, golden, and represent the self-deified Orokin aesthetic. Perhaps they didn't want their defenders to look menacing or malevolent in a Frame like Ash. In my head I envision an Orokin as a Daimyo with Ash Prime serving as a warrior retainer. In that case Ash Prime's look makes perfect sense, he looks dangerous but not overtly menacing. Other Prime frames display this type of image like Saryn Prime evoking the look of a domesticated snake and Nekros Prime being vaguely priest-like.

I wish we knew more about Prime frames like why they were scarce during the Old War and why they're rare now. The Warframes produced to mimic the Primes clearly exist in much greater numbers and are much easier to produce. I speculate that the Orokin gave Primes to the Tenno that acted as their bodyguards and enforcers while Tenno that purged the infestation or fought in the old war were forced to use subpar technology to construct their weapons/warframes.

Anyway, back on track, just wait until Ash Umbra. Maybe it'll look more menacing than Ash Prime.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/12/2016 at 7:03 PM, Mints said:

Primes are supposed to look regal, golden, and represent the self-deified Orokin aesthetic. Perhaps they didn't want their defenders to look menacing or malevolent in a Frame like Ash. In my head I envision an Orokin as a Daimyo with Ash Prime serving as a warrior retainer. In that case Ash Prime's look makes perfect sense, he looks dangerous but not overtly menacing. Other Prime frames display this type of image like Saryn Prime evoking the look of a domesticated snake and Nekros Prime being vaguely priest-like.

I wish we knew more about Prime frames like why they were scarce during the Old War and why they're rare now. The Warframes produced to mimic the Primes clearly exist in much greater numbers and are much easier to produce. I speculate that the Orokin gave Primes to the Tenno that acted as their bodyguards and enforcers while Tenno that purged the infestation or fought in the old war were forced to use subpar technology to construct their weapons/warframes.

Anyway, back on track, just wait until Ash Umbra. Maybe it'll look more menacing than Ash Prime.

He looks like a shrimp, more Egyptian than Japanese.

I think primes are rare exactly because of the war, they where gradually destroyed and so the Lotus and the Tenno faction started to produce more streamlined, cheap frames to compensate their loss.

On 12/13/2016 at 3:41 PM, GTX49 said:

yea "better"

Is always going to be subjective.

Some people like fan concepts, I find the majority of them hilarious and should only ever be added if Warframe turns into a comedy game. Just like they went with Nidus instead of Typhus ... because Typhus sounds ridiculous. It's like an illness you'd catch as a child. 

Again, some people love the fan concepts, not all of us though. 

Personally I like Ash Primes look. That drawing looks like something a young fan of Guyver would draw.