Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal Apology to the Fans

IgnusDei

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DomTheKilleur said:

Well that's just sad... I loved your art style and the majority of the skin's you crafted.

I was sooo excited when I saw Frost delux, I guess it won't happen anymore...

Merci pour les skins que tu nous a apportez Ignus Dei. :sadcry:

Frost skin is still a go, copyright towards the artist but DE owns the rights to it. I believe somebody even said the model is already finished, but take it with a grain of salt because no reference was provided. It's just that unless new information unfolds, he no longer will be designing future skins.

Edited by xFrostKnightx

57 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

That claim does not completely fly when you give  back stories to certain descriptions and Incorporate some of these alternate deluxe renditions into lore quests, Silver Grove for instance.

Its more like you just made up in your head this idea that deluxe skins should not even look like a Warframe, regardless of how ugly they may end up looking. DE even expressed disdain with the very un-Tenno buckles on one of the Nova skins in Tennogen yet they let those arms, cloth and head on the Asuri fly? Does not compute.

Either way, few appreciated this Nova deluxe skin, regardless of whatever idea you made up for deluxe skins.

They stated it themselves though when they first introduced the skins. That they were intended to be different in design. What you think of they're appearance is not my concern.

It seems my point has gone above a few heads and I have failed in trying to be clear.

Edited by Spot.
Ps: Can people stop claiming their opinion on wheather a skin looks good or not as fact please?

7 hours ago, Gran_Maw_Sigmus said:

Oh wow, they decided to ruin Ember's deluxe? Elbow tumor, dumb head-blade, and the overall reshaping of the burnt area look absolutely awful. 

It's a shame to see you go, Ignus. Your skins are the best the game has, it's a shame DE doesn't know a good artist when they see one.

Yea they ruined this skin.. was super hyped not anymore, the dumb blade and the tumor lmao, so caught up on the meh infested frame they wanted to add remnants to this too.

...Nyx Nemesis and Proto Excal are not deluxe skins; they're pulled from Dark Sector, DE's own game from 2008. Educate yourselves before shouting falsehoods.

Although if anything, that makes it worse since I think that means Ignis made every deluxe skin outside of Gersemi (which was ok) and Nova's (ugh)

As for the issue at hand, while its true DE does reserve the right to do whatever the hell they want with his designs, the bottom line is, their alterations have sucked so far. People prefer his concepts without their alterations. If they were improving his stuff it would be one thing, but the overwhelming consensus is that we want them to stop touching it. So with that said, I'm glad he gave them what for. Inferior artists don't need to "correct" superior work.

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DomTheKilleur said:

Well that's just sad... I loved your art style and the majority of the skin's you crafted.

I was sooo excited when I saw Frost delux, I guess it won't happen anymore...

Merci pour les skins que tu nous a apportez Ignus Dei. :sadcry:

He didnt make the frost skin, I think this is his, alot better regardless :P

aleph__the_first_promethean__by_ignusdei

Edited by ImNotNuke

9 minutes ago, ImNotNuke said:

He didnt make the frost skin, I think this is his, alot better regardless :P

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DomTheKilleur said:

Oh I didn't know that. I like them both especially the one with horns.

No he did make the Frost skin. You can see the similar aesthetic throughout he skins, so it is quite obvious which one is Ignus' doing.

The only ones that aren't Ignus' skins are the proto skins, Saryn's orchid skin, Nova's skin, and the upcoming Chroma skin.

Well thats the last time I purchase a deluxe skin then, your designs were the best Ignus, and sorry to say the DE design team has suffered a heavy loss, so whatever the disagreement was I hope they think it was worth it, cause in that aspect I think they just shot themselves in the foot.  And I can't be the only one that thinks this way, Ignus was by far the reason why people purchased deluxe skins, now we have to hope Tenno gen can bring us something worthwhile.

7 minutes ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

No he did make the Frost skin. You can see the similar aesthetic throughout he skins, so it is quite obvious which one is Ignus' doing.

The only ones that aren't Ignus' skins are the proto skins, Saryn's orchid skin, Nova's skin, and the upcoming Chroma skin.

And Gersemi Valkyr.

But yeah, there's a lot of misinformation spreading in this thread.

9 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Is this about the Ember Before and after? Need moar details on the incident. :>

Hide contents

francois-cannels-emberdeluxefinal02.jpg?

CzQgxejXcAAw0cs.jpg

They removed the ruined burnt bits for a cleaner look that ruins the dark grim half of her and added a blade on the helmet to remind us that she's still a chicken....And what's with the unnecessary nails on the daggers!? ... Why bother ask for community designs if they're going to downgrade everything anyway?! X.x no those extra burnt edges won't affect the performance!

Thank you for your hard work, Ignus. Every Tenno in the galaxy (the new Galaxy note, jk) appreciates your designs! Be safe out there Tenno, the corpus greed may stand in your way!

Man this is sad...your skins designs are some the best things we've seen in the game. My only motivation on getting plats is to buy your skins. Only deluxe skin I didn't get is that loki, banshee and Nova and we know why. 

Thanks for your work, modified or unmodified. 

To DE, use his original art please. I think we still have time. That modified ember looks just like that tennogen Nyx. Keep it original please! If not me and others I hope will vote with our wallets and plats. 

As a former artist who even had my work showcased in a prominant museum once upon a time, I'll say I can certainly understand your frustrutions if whats being said is true. While DE does have the right to change it, it was rude to do so, especially to what I can assume is a fan artist not a pro. Commercial artists are more used to changes happening, it's common, but a fan artist is operating out of passion, its apart of them, changing it can be extremely frustrating. Adding a fan artist to a commercial product is a double edged sword. Thus why he probably burnt his bridge, hopefully he recovers and if he does future work for a game learns to either let go, or sign an agreement preventing changes.

39 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

And Gersemi Valkyr.

But yeah, there's a lot of misinformation spreading in this thread.

Welp couldn't find anywhere that said he made the frost deluxe that's being released. So no misinformation, could however find the one I linked, why would he have made 2?

He also didn't make Nova Asuri.

Edited by ImNotNuke

There is a time to butt heads, and a time to relook at things after everything has calmed down.

At this point, it isn't just what the DE art team wants, but also what the community wishes to see that should play an important role on deluxe skins. The community has spoken out that nova's deluxe skin was a bit too extreme, especially the helmet and the 2d hands, kinda cheap there. All while the community loves Ignusdei's work. Now, as constructive criticism of what was original and the edit, the tumor and head blade are just bad and should go. I don't mind the little skirt addition too much since it matches the overall aesthetics of the original design.

DE art team and IgnusDei need to talk again once things calmed down, and sort the matter out like proper business adults, or suffer a PR lash back. Cause as far as I know, its the DE art team that gets the most hate for changing things, and the nova deluxe skin is viewed as a pretty big failure, and the only way to make it work is to never use the helmet or syndana at all. Use what brings the most money, and if IgnusDei's design captivates the most people, losing him would lose a lot of future profits on deluxe skins, from those that are boycotting, and those that will not like future designs.

The ball is in DE's PR court, and they best have this sorted out before the holidays, or it won't be that jolly of a merry holiday for warframe.

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I like the helmet on the right more than the left, and i like the elbow on the left more than the right. The crotch area on the left looks very weird. Overall, the difference isn't big enough for me to whine over it. I can live with either.

Did you forget that Nyx isn't the only Warframe with a mohawk-like headpiece?

tSsFoG6.jpg

Nah I didn't forget. Let's be honest here, that's ugly af and I'm sure most people will agree too. If it's a mohawk, at least make it out of flames like Ember Prime. Either that or might as well keep the old look.