Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal Apology to the Fans

IgnusDei

5 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

People tend to forget DE did make Valkyr's Gersemi skin.

so...thats the one and only good looking deluxe from DE, and even that one hasnt the level of detail that the others have. Nova just looks weird, as mentioned, it looks more like tennogen, but not like a deluxe.

Edited by LazerusKI

3 minutes ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Well, he certainly has talent - I personally dislike the ember skin shown and far prefer the original prime design, much like with Loki.

DE has put out some great skins that were not palatine rhino and trinity strega too - I dont know who designed them but banshees is lovely, ash's is cool, Oberons is freaking awesome. 

that was him too...

i think only Saryn, Nova and Valkyr are not his work

Edited by LazerusKI

13 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I'm glad all of my favorite frames were touched by your art style Ignus, because I'm not going to be buying any other deluxe skins designed by DE that aren't drawn by you.

Much This ^

Won't bother purchasing the new upcoming deluxe skins. With this course of action, it seems that the quality of deluxe skins will decrease bc of his absence.

Oh well, DE's loss. 

Take Care @IgnusDei You'll be missed!

32 minutes ago, IgnusDei said:

As people already assumed, my main issue was with the blade that had been added to Emblem Deluxe's helmet, and I started an argument over it. It got settled with an email telling me that my services will no longer be needed.

Once again, I understood that this was likely to happen. Legally speaking, DE has every right to do whatever they liked to what I submit to them, and the only thing I could do to prevent them from doing what I thought was a grave mistake was to voice my concerns. I could have done that better, I admit.

Even though DE has the right to do what they please with your designs I am very dissapointed they wouldnt respect your design and try to stick to it. It really irritates me they keep altering things when people love the original design. Very disrespectfull of DE.

Just now, MirageXV said:

Much This ^

Won't bother purchasing the new upcoming deluxe skins. With this course of action, it seems that the quality of deluxe skins will decrease bc of his absence.

Oh well, DE's loss. 

Take Care @IgnusDei You'll be missed!

if DE releases the remainin skins, i will buy them. after that...propably not. Nova was ugly, Valkyr and Nyx were nothing compared to the others.

Kinda sad that now i will never see a Vauban or Ivara one :(

1 minute ago, kubbi said:

Even though DE has the right to do what they please with your designs I am very dissapointed they wouldnt respect your design and try to stick to it. It really irritates me they keep altering things when people love the original design. Very disrespectfull of DE.

DE did not "disrespect' his design. They added some changes, which barely made the skin visaully better/worse, because, I'm pretty sure, they had a reason for that. (Like, the polygon count on the model/easier modelling, etc.)

Such behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. He was doing his JOB. If you aren't ready to do the job - don't even try to, or it will lead to unnecessary drama like we have now.

3 minutes ago, LazerusKI said:

if DE releases the remainin skins, i will buy them. after that...propably not. Nova was ugly, Valkyr and Nyx were nothing compared to the others.

Kinda sad that now i will never see a Vauban or Ivara one :(

A Vauban one would have been siiiiiick!!!

Just now, Ternski said:

DE did not "disrespect' his design. They added some changes, which barely made the skin visaully better/worse, because, I'm pretty sure, they had a reason for that. (Like, the polygon count on the model/easier modelling, etc.)

Such behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. He was doing his JOB. If you aren't ready to do the job - don't even try to, or it will lead to unnecessary drama like we have now.

I think the altered version has more polygon count than the original.......

Well, many of us are sufficiently shocked to require processing this development, as the sprinkling of petty and/or reactionary comments indicates. Those giving thoughtful contributions have my thanks, and my upvotes. It's getting late over here, so I'll be brief, sleep on it, and rejoin the discussion in the morning, if it's still going.

Personally, I'm sad to see you go, IgnusDei. As much as it's been a hassle for me to tell some of your skins apart with how some people have (oh so very badly) recolored them, the quality of your work itself is unquestionable and the conception is utterly inspired. I'm going to miss waxing a paragraph or three about the various elements I think I see in your designs, and I hope that wherever you land you can keep doing great work.

1 minute ago, Volinus7 said:

Some very small details are gone, so i don't really know, it was just an example. 

Btw, personally i love this knife on her head because it's a part of her original design.

6 minutes ago, kubbi said:

I think you're forgetting they respecting it enough to let him control 80-90% of what the deluxe looked like.  If you want to know, what it's like with any other company, you will only get to "Contribute" not design maybe 10-20% of the look and almost everything you submit will be heavily edited. It's sad he got over his own head and didnt realize that he was lucky to have such a big impact, but at least now maybe some other artist will get a chance to live up to the high expectations that Ingus has left behind. 

Just now, Ternski said:

Some very small details are gone, so i don't really know, it was just an example. 

Btw, personally i love this knife on her head because it's a part of her original design.

then make it a flame or so, but not a knife.

the thing that bothers me most is the strapon

You're one of my favourite artists for DE but I hope you find something that fits you better & I will be continuing to check your art out.

2 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Altered version is a little more cluttered with a bracer on the arm, a headblade & trim on the shirt which adds more polygons than the initial design.