Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are the riven mods really gonna get nerfed?

(XBOX)Hail Ouija

Question

13 answers to this question

I wouldn't be surprised if rivens for Soma, Tonkor, etc get nerfed, because top-tier weapons really didn't need a boost...at all. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Burston/Braton/Paris/etc rivens got buffed, as even with very strong Rivens, the killing potential is still rather low. DE did mention Prime buffs soon though, so there's that as well...

3 minutes ago, Magneu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if rivens for Soma, Tonkor, etc get nerfed, because top-tier weapons really didn't need a boost...at all. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Burston/Braton/Paris/etc rivens got buffed, as even with very strong Rivens, the killing potential is still rather low. DE did mention Prime buffs soon though, so there's that as well...

do u know what primes exactly will be buffed? The only one i can think of that would need to be buffed is glaive

Just now, (Xbox One)SG Ouija said:

do u know what primes exactly will be buffed? The only one i can think of that would need to be buffed is glaive

No specifics were given, but I expect Glaive, Sicarus, Burston, possibly Braton (ammo count most likely), possible Latron (faster reload, slightly higher crit chance, etc), and likely Paris Prime (overshadowed by both Dread and Rakta Cernos). Oh, and the Fang Prime. I almost forgot those exist.

1 hour ago, Magneu said:

Awwwww but I liked red criting with my tonkor.... :'(

(mostly just for the insane overkill lulz)

3 hours ago, ashrah said:

i dont think they will nerf anything nymore if they wish to keep players...

Huh? They don't lose Players for reworking things, people here on the Forums just get so salty that they could dry up all of our Oceans if some META Weapon gets touched up.

B2T : I hope that they buff some underused Weapons like Fang Prime or Paris Prime, but i'd also welcome them nerfing META stuff.

2 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Huh? They don't lose Players for reworking things, people here on the Forums just get so salty that they could dry up all of our Oceans if some META Weapon gets touched up.

B2T : I hope that they buff some underused Weapons like Fang Prime or Paris Prime, but i'd also welcome them nerfing META stuff.

warframe is lost lot active players...they just need to buff old wepons and no any nerf is needed

Players forget that they're fighting the same lvl 40-80 enemies they've been fighting for 3 years and Power Creep is a natural product of time..

What happens when you have 3 years of Power Creep in the same level range? It becomes trivial. Pretty simple.

Honestly I don't know why everyone isn't an endurance runner. This game would have bored me to tears by now if I didn't consistently go past lvl 200 to give myself an excuse to fine tune my damage output and perfect builds. You can just about put on random mods and complete the content where majority of player hang out. It's just a shame you have to wait 1 hour + for your decisions to matter.

Either way. DE nerfs based on popularity. Riven Disposition proves this. It doesn't matter how strong something is, only matters how many players use it. I assume this is because "OP" is a matter of perspective since things that seems OP in Sorties may actually be nothing special outside those levels. Which is often the case.

It's called riven disposition, it's something PC got some time after TWW, something we console tenno won't get until our next update.

Popular weapons like soma and tonkor have weak (faint) riven disposition because they're popular weapons.

So if you have riven mods for dread, soma, tonkor, paris, boltor, etc...you can expect the stats on those riven mods to go down.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

2 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

It's called riven disposition, it's something PC got some time after TWW, something we console tenno won't get until our next update.

Popular weapons like soma and tonkor have weak (faint) riven disposition because they're popular weapons.

So if you have riven mods for dread, soma, tonkor, paris, boltor, etc...you can expect the stats on those riven mods to go down.

Isnt this already in our build? I mean I can see the riven disposition on the arsenal but it is not applied to the riven mod?

21 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Isnt this already in our build? I mean I can see the riven disposition on the arsenal but it is not applied to the riven mod?

Ah, could be my mistake then. 

The last time I went to arsenal I didn't see weapon disposition. 

Maybe I didn't look in the right place?  (I know you have to go to the upgrade menu to see it)