Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opt out of hosting

Tonkatunk

The title should be fairly clear.  A toggable option to decide whether or not you host.  Personally, i'd much prefer to either go solo on a mission, or queue up and wait for another player to actually launch it as host on public, and instantly be able to join him, rather than me launch it and someone join me.  

My net's just not stable enough, and i personally hate to be that one host that people join, only to have the mobs jumping all over the place.  Even if some individuals are fine with that kind of host, i still hate to be that kind of host, and i'll personally send an invite to someone if i really need to host in that situation.

6 minutes ago, Tonkatunk said:

The title should be fairly clear.  A toggable option to decide whether or not you host.  Personally, i'd much prefer to either go solo on a mission, or queue up and wait for another player to actually launch it as host on public, and instantly be able to join him, rather than me launch it and someone join me.  

My net's just not stable enough, and i personally hate to be that one host that people join, only to have the mobs jumping all over the place.  Even if some individuals are fine with that kind of host, i still hate to be that kind of host, and i'll personally send an invite to someone if i really need to host in that situation.

+1 For the simple fact I like going in public missions but seeing how some frames i like (Hydroid) abilitys dont work or barely work unless your host making it a pain.

And 9/10 when I use Hydroid I join other people sqaud leaving hydroid with just 2 decent working abilitys. Let me pick if I want to host a mission or join in with others with a frame that does not rely on being host so much like Volt.

+1, but also...

It would be nice if there's an option to also prefer to host. It's frustration to start a popular alert or mission over and over again but, I don't know, people quit out before the game starts or something? And then it's back to lobby, try again, etc... Of course playing solo is a work around but I usually prefer to play with people...

I would like to enforce in my matchmaking options: NEVER HOST.

The only way to do this currently is to click a mission over and over until you get an open squad. On a semi-popular node this can take a while because of how fast squads get filled up. Every time you get stuck on the "wait for players" lobby you are guaranteed to be host at that point. So I have to cancel mission, go back and click it again, and hope again for an open squad.

Also, even if you click "cancel mission" you are still counted as in mission lobby and players can join you even though you aren't queued up for a mission. So if that happens, I then have to hit esc, click leave squad, THEN go back to the mission node and click it again, and hope for an open squad.

It gets old after a while.

sU0Qn.png

Seemed like a good example, since i clicked a mission and alt-tabbed, then found out i was host...

If i'm not host, i'll generally listen to pandora while running a mission, and have absolutely no issue.  If i host, i'll stop anything else i've got going, so as to reduce lag on others as much possible, which i did then.  Yet it still is an issue for whoever i'm hosting for, my net.  This is an old issue on many games, it really would be nice to see some actual priority on this.  Or at least let us vote to change host mid-mission or something.

2 minutes ago, Tonkatunk said:

Well that seems rather obscure.  Anyway, thanks and i'll give it a shot.

at least you care to want to do this. some dont care and just end up as host knowing their connection is not good enough. what we need are more match making options like create lobby ext.

Edited by EinheriarJudith