The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo - can it be seriuos?

Ziembski

So, atm im playing Atlas mostly. However, his kit (punch 1 untill its done). Its not a finished build, yetits easy to do most sorties, Hieracon is easy untill I reack 4k+ cryo. Im just smashing everything with ease and it got boring. (Ppl still dont belive in Atlas dps). 

So I wanted to change frame for something more complicated. Ive choosen Limbo, but Im not sure if he will be able to survive at higher lvls. Or if he would be taken seriously for other ppl. Or if is he even fun to play? I know Nidus is comming and i like him afaik, but it always getd DElayed. 

So, what are your thoughts about Limbo and him doing high level stuff?

20 minutes ago, TagaroK said:

Don't forget that DE planning to rework Limbo. In the futur his abilities kit may not be as good for survivabilty as now, or on the contrary he will be even more god like ^^

Yeah, Ive read dat, but I hope they wont break him. 

19 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Just please consider your squad mates when using your abilities.

It can be really annoying to have an inconsiderate Limbo on your team.

For pugs I will just interfere when I expect them to die soon. 

How about max dmg opticor so i can Banish them when charging and then instakill them in Rift?

Edit: it seems ppl like him so no1 will ask me to leaves squad when they see Limbo. That happens alot with Atlas :(

Edited by Ziembski

not to mention corpus/moon spy missions.

and making ripkas rathroom augument viable.

Or locking down extractors/defense pods when exercising minimum range build (which is given, as I believe high duration limbo is most popular way ofp laying limbo)

Limbo has number of niches, hopefully this rework won't destroy them in favour of trying to make him into all-rounder.

He can single out enemies and oneshot them up to level 150+, which is nice and all except for the single target part. 

Also makes for a decent and sometimes better Frost substitute with a small long duration Cataclysm on MD.

High energy regen, and you're gonna need every single bit of that energy.

Can cheese spy missions by ignoring everything.

Can also cheese Sortie defense since he can Banish the idiotic suicidal operative. Just be prepared to babysit the guy.

Also generally get screwed by nullifiers harder compared to your average frame, as they take your entire kit from you even if you're not inside their bubble, and you're super squishy outside the rift.

Long animations, Natural Talent is a must.

Is invincible but can't really do much while he's invincible. 

Playing him badly will straight up harm your teammate.

DE's top tier consistency also means that some traps and environtment will still damage you through the rift.

Also some people will defend him to death.

Looks dapper as fok.

I think that about sums it up.

26 minutes ago, Ziembski said:

it seems ppl like him so no1 will ask me to leaves squad when they see Limbo.

hahahaha, no. He's the most hated frame for a reason. Other frames are simply dead weight in the hands of a bad player but with Limbo, he can hurt the entire team. You can block an Excavation by dropping Cataclysm on a drill. You can also do the same thing on Mobile Defense by not allowing the datamass to be plugged inside a machine.

I seriously don't suggest bringing Limbo unless you're absolutely sure what you're doing, and that you can ensure your teammate that you're not griefing their game.

Edited by TotallyLagging

Limbo and Atlas are the two most underrated frames in the game.  BTW did you know Atlas can punch enemies while banished? Hilariously cheesy.

Limbo is an indispensable tool for certain things.  He is definitely not a frame you want to main.  I use mine for rescue and sortie defense so I mod him for max duration, high efficiency, neutral strength and sacrifice range.  Banish lasts for 70 seconds, usually enough time to finish a sortie defense round.

Two funny ways to troll with Limbo: cast banish on a noob.  When they can't figure out why they aren't dealing damage, tell them they are glitched and need to restart.

Cast Cataclysm on a teammate doing a hack.  Pulls them right out.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

Limbo makes the Lua Spy a cakewalk, and if you go into a High Level Sortie Rescue or Defense, he'll be your best friend. However, remember to never open a cataclysm to regen your team's energy unless you're safely out of it's range, so you don't get shot by whatever is inside it, and outside it. That's what walls and cover is for XD

3 hours ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Limbo makes sortie defense heaven for me.

If I have a party for Sortie (I usually pug) I allways ask for someone to bring duration Limbo to these (or get him myself if no one has him), he literally makes these missions absolutely faceroll-able thanks to keeping that cretin defence target invulernable.

Edited by HorridaMessor