Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie changes suggestion

Juvieus_Kaine

So we've had the new Sortie table for a while now and it's fair to say, some people are still disgruntled with what's available. Personally I'm rather frustrated with the options when I'm hunting new content and getting items I don't want. So, with that in mind, let's come up with a revised Sortie table.

What we have:

2k Endo - 25%
Rifle Riven Mod - 20%
4k Endo - 10%
3x Nitain Extract - 5%
Focus Lens - 15%
Greater Lens - 14.82%
Exilus Adapter Blueprint - 2.5%
Forma - 2.5%
Orokin Catalyst Blueprint - 2.5%
Orokin Reactor Blueprint - 2.5%
Legendary Core - 0.18%

(Source: warframe wikia)

What we would like:

2k Endo We don't want this, it's a rather low amount all things considered
Riven Mod - 25% Considering this will end up being all the Riven mods, might as well bump the chance up of getting one
5k Endo - 10% Bump this up to 5k so we have a slightly bigger investment
3x Nitain Extract Very divided opinion on this one. I would personally like to change it but views vary
Focus Lens - 15%
Greater Lens - 15% Minor bump to average out numbers but otherwise fine
Exilus Adapter  - 2.5%
Orokin Catalyst - 2.5%
Orokin Reactor - 2.5% removed the blurprint bit because, let's face it, we'd rather have an actual thing we can use isntead of another 24hr wait using resources we might be saving for something else. At the very least make the Reactor and Catalyst non-blueprint since we can get the blueprints from alerts
Legendary Core - 0.25% Again, minor bump to average out numbers but otherwise fine *shakes fist at the supposed percentage chance*

So the maths people should have realised we have a big gap to fill. Now, making the very dangerous assumption that these figures are correct, this gap 27.25%. So I think we need a public decision on what to put in to cover the other percentage. Changes are the devs would rather give us a larger array of RNG choices for us so I think we can provide some input.

So what say you world? What really should be in Sorties that'd be worthwhile?

Edited by Juvieus_Kaine

5 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

This is the 5000th sortie thread. There is a megathread, and the players who keep saying that nitain is not needed here don't seem to understand that there are a lot of players who do need it and still play daily sorties for the fun and challenge instead of for the rewards.

Well you can't please everyone I suppose. I was thinking more that we need some concrete suggestions on how to improve it for those that seek rewards over fun.

And yes I know there's a mixed opinion on Nitain but it appears that those after rewards don't want Nitain. If anything Nitain should be moved somewhere else, just not here. I dunno... stick it in Earth Exterminate missions or something

Or what about in sortie mission challenges to increase the odds of receiving a high value reward?

Like 30 Headshots in one mission and it will increase legendary core (or any/all of the rewards) from 0.18% to like 0.23% 

One challenge for each sortie. Thats a bump of .15% I'd definitely do them. (just throwing out numbers here)

1 minute ago, CrazyCortex said:

I repeat myself:

There are players who still need nitain, and having it in a sortie drop is fine.

It's not even under a common drop.

Some players do not have time to wait for the alerts but can make time to do a sortie run for the chance

Not everyone plays sorties for the rewards

Well if people really do need Nitain there is plenty in the void sabotage caches. Work for it.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

I repeat myself:

There are players who still need nitain, and having it in a sortie drop is fine.

It's not even under a common drop.

Some players do not have time to wait for the alerts but can make time to do a sortie run for the chance

Not everyone plays sorties for the rewards

Your point is clear. So allow me to offer the counter-argument: Not everyone plays Sorties for fun and/or challenge - they play for loot.

Now that we cleared that up, any suggestions?

Just now, Juvieus_Kaine said:

Well that's one way around it but I don't think the devs will do a ticket system anytime soon. My idea is more "work with what we've got"

Your way is interesting but not a fan of removing things including Nitain. 😕

But with how Rivens are going to be playing out the token system has been steam rolling in. 😊

Just something to consider buddy. ☺

4 hours ago, (PS4)skins0208 said:

Well if people really do need Nitain there is plenty in the void sabotage caches. Work for it.

Did you try ?

I have done 150 sabotage for the piece of xiphos and I have seen only 2 nitain

Every mission is about 12-15 min (solo) 

to get 1 nitain = 15 h game play

16 hours ago, Juvieus_Kaine said:

This has now been rectified. I would appreciate your opinion too!

My opinion is that nitain is a fine reward, 2k endo is plenty unless they increase the credits, since credits are the main gate to spending endo anyway, the riven cap makes the current droprate more than enough, potatoes are fine as BPs since they're so rare, but exilus aren't since they're so easy to farm from Simaris in BP form.

Regarding rivens, tho, I think they need to raise the minimum dissolve value to 2k.  Once we hit cap getting a riven would effectively make a sortie worth as low as ~200 endo.  That is horrible.