Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok feedback.

Multicom-EN-

41 minutes ago, MushroomChevalier said:

Yea I can see why it is considered mastery fodder but try it with Terminal Velocity and Speedy trigger and it does kind of well. Im not saying that its the best weapon out there just saying that it is somewhat viable to how it is now. I modded for Gas/Crit/Status and have the stats set as GAS: 2600 / STATUS: 78.1% / CRITICAL CHANCE/MULTIPLIER: 50% / 4.4x. and with the charge rate being about .19 seconds the Javlok can fire rapidly and with terminal velocity its about the same speed as a dread. 

For now it does seem pretty decent against infested but that it, it can't do anything towards Armored units even when modded for Corrosive. If you try out a build with stats similar to mine against the infested you'll be surprised how well it works.

As I said primary is ok.Problem is with secoundary(alt fire).Javlock mechanics are very limiting and it has self dmg making it suicide weapon.I hate that throwing spear because it is so little and it could of been so much.

2 minutes ago, RistN said:

As I said primary is ok.Problem is with secoundary(alt fire).Javlock mechanics are very limiting and it has self dmg making it suicide weapon.I hate that throwing spear because it is so little and it could of been so much.

Yea I agree, I typically dont use the alternative fire unless its on a low level group of enemies. It is underwhelming at how weak it is, it should honestly be the damage dealer of that weapon since youre literally throwing your weapon away just to deal damage. I just hope that DE does fix this and make it a far more enjoyable weapon, even if it goes down a little bit in damage I would be fine with that if Javlok could be fixed and made into a weapon that would be fun to use in any mission.

8 minutes ago, Ethedor said:

for me a weapon is either good at killing crowd of enemies efficiently like a Sobek with Acid shells and Shattering Justice (dont tell DE how OP it is and how its totally like an upgraded tonkor thx)

or a weapon is good at taking down bosses with high dmg per shot and stuff like an Opticor or a nice Twin grakatas with corrosive dmg

i cant put Javlok in either group which makes it useless

Yea the Javlok is in its own category where it can kill trash mobs easily if it focuses on one target but with a group of enemies its better to resort to a different weapon. Until the entire weapon is fixed and improved on by DE I don't think we'll be seeing much of it on missions that require a good amount of damage.

btw did you guys notice how you cant be knocked down while using this weapon? it must be also a bug... or a feature... either way its satisfying you dont get knocked down when that fiery stuff (one of the eximus units have this ability) comes at you and it only moves you up in air but does not knock you down

Edited by Ethedor

On 20.12.2016 at 9:09 PM, MushroomChevalier said:

BTW the Gas element adds 50% damage towards infested flesh and 75% to Infested, you can check it out on the wiki yourself, your corrosive only works on Fossilized enemies and enemies that gain armor, which the corrosive build on Javlok is utter S#&$ when used on armored enemies, try testing it for once kid.

5847199.jpg

GAS does NOTHING to the heavy infested units.

ancient healers? brood mothers? boilers?

those are the high value target you mod your weapons for....  not for the light infested that even my mk1 braton can oneshot....

much to learn, u still have.... my young padawan.

could someone please explain this child how target prioritisation works.

edit: im done with this... come back to me when u have the video proof of your 80m javlok shot, on an ancient.... with toxin damage:crylaugh:

Edited by ..-Hayden-Tenno-..

I like the flow javlok offers in combat,BUT primary fire needs a bit of an aoe to be more viable,bigger mag size would help as well.secondary fire,well,,,its fun to use but it doesn't feel rewarding enough,it knocks over the heavies but thats it,maybe scratches their paint job.interesting thing is,the javlok returns on its own it feels,if you get a direct kill with the throw that is,,,having to pick it up never ended healthily for me,so it really should always return to the player
also,self damage when throwing it close range hurts a damn lot,if tonkor can have flat 50 damage,why can't others have that?
then my biggest wtf moment,heavy caliber,,,down to 2 accuracy,,i want to see the math behind that,can't hit a grineer 2m away and why on earth should heavy cal affect the accuracy when you throw the entire weapon?doesn't make sense,does it

- marker visibility is disgustingly bad.

- pickup detection is really small as well

***** charge time + projectile flight speed + zero aoe =  unnecessarilly hard to hit things

- cant hold the shot at full charge

bugs:

- throw sometimes doesnt go off

- javlok disappears when thrown? or i just cant find it?? marker invisible?

Edited by hukurokuju5

Self damage issues aside, I love the throw mechanic. It's a genius way to support switching weapons in a mission. I do believe weapon swapping is a bit slow and unneeded in this game so having a mechanic like this makes switching weapons somehow go with the flow of combat and I do appreciate it a lot. It actually makes bringing both a good secondary/melee alongside it worthwhile and gives you chances to use it.

Though, honestly, each AoE weapon should have a fixed self damage value unaffected by mods. That's just my opinion though.

23 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Though, honestly, each AoE weapon should have a fixed self damage value unaffected by mods. That's just my opinion though.

Firstly, +1 this, always.

Throwing is great for weapon switch. I put Tactical Reload on Javlok and whenever I'm low on ammo I just throw it, then it'll completely reload when you pick it up again. Would be better if you can throw it when you're out of ammo in the mag, right now if you're at 0, it'll force me to complete the reload. This means I have to leave 1 in the chamber for my Tactical Reload to flow nicely. 

And now I'm hoping for Tenno design that can interact with our power; so how you will interact with the thrown spear depend on the frame you use, or just what Focus is active if frame is too much.

31 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

Firstly, +1 this, always.

Throwing is great for weapon switch. I put Tactical Reload on Javlok and whenever I'm low on ammo I just throw it, then it'll completely reload when you pick it up again. Would be better if you can throw it when you're out of ammo in the mag, right now if you're at 0, it'll force me to complete the reload. This means I have to leave 1 in the chamber for my Tactical Reload to flow nicely. 

And now I'm hoping for Tenno design that can interact with our power; so how you will interact with the thrown spear depend on the frame you use, or just what Focus is active if frame is too much.

Hmm, tactical eh? I was thinking something about hoster speed to switch faster but the cut down on reload would give more value.

Edited by Major_Phantom

9 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Hmm, tactical eh? I was thinking something about hoster speed to switch faster but the cut down on reload would give more value.

I would love to use both but it take away too much damage. I find that auto-reload to be more comfortable to play with, as you can be doing something else while the gun reload itself. With only holster speed you'll still need to have a down time for reload.

3 minutes ago, AhLiu338 said:

I would love to use both but it take away too much damage. I find that auto-reload to be more comfortable to play with, as you can be doing something else while the gun reload itself. With only holster speed you'll still need to have a down time for reload.

I was thinking of not getting a secondary and going for javlok/melee on valkyr. Shoot a bit, throw at mobs then go ham in melee before picking it up to shoot more. Knockdown and AoE proc are good.

Edited by Major_Phantom

Badass weapon dragged down by some minor issues.

1st) May be the most important one for me actually. Energy Color and particle effects. Please stop with fixed colors on this or any other weapon (Wraiths, Vandals), nobody likes them because everyone loves the customization aspect of the game and the massive freedom the systems provide. I know that in case of Javlok it has more to do with the particles just being recycled from other sources, but that retracts even more from the feel of weapon, it makes it give  more of that beta feel, that the weapon is just full of placeholders and was showed out just as a piece of tech for future use. So redo particle effects so I can launch green or blue fireballs instead of always the same orange ones, even for the simple sake of roleplaying when the damage gets modified into radiation and you want to reflect that in some way (Or hell, even give it ignis treatment where every heat damage combo changes a bit of particle effects, blast having that bright steamish looking effect, radiation giving it a little bit of electricity bolts, gas giving it darker gas effect, that would be cool)

2nd) Lack of any kind of AOE on primary fire. Doesn't have to be big one, might be just small range with very rapid fall off. But I refuse to believe that weapon with such recoil, chargeup mechanic slow flight speed on particle indicating theres some weight to it, explosion on impact accompanied with appropriate sound effects and causing a bit of tremor on impact doesn't deal any kind of AOE damage. A bit of an immersion kicker, I'd like it added to improve the weapons feel.

3rd) Lastly, I don't know how but something has to be done to give you a direct control over returning your spear upon throwing. Thing gets stuck under the level and flies off the level way to often to be not considered an annoying issue. (Perhaps add some script that returns it immediately once it escapes level bounds? dunno I'm not a programmer) 

Otherwise the weapon is really fun, cool sound effects, good stats,, animations, practical use of secondary fire for once xD,  cool addition for any stargate enthusiast out there. Generally really good weapon, not perhaps on the power level to compete with the top weapons, but meh, we don't need another powercreep weapon in the game, only those which don't give us the "Why the hell I'm even running with this" notion. Definitely worth of going through the annoyance of farming Persecutors in my eyes :D

My MAJOR gripes with the weapon are fairly similar.

1) Can't color my blasts (yeah, that's #1 for me)

2) No AoE on the flaming ball of death it shoots.

3) Uncontrolled non-holdable charge mechanic makes it even more clunky and unwieldy than the opticor (but the opticor is still fun to use due to raw damage, blast aoe and it's a frickin' laser cannon)

Personal Recommendation for What Little it's Worth: Remove the charge up, make the energy color affect the projectile, add a (small) AoE component to standard fire. These three things would vastly improve how much I personally enjoy the weapon, and generally make it a more streamlined functional experience. In a game about Speedy Teenage Magic Space Ninjas vs Night of the Technophage Zombies, when there's so many other options to go with, clunky weapons don't last long. I'd hate to see a good design concept get shoved in the fodder bin because of some easily-rectified issues. (Kinda like the Stradavar, awesome handling weapon, beautifully crafted, but lacks enough real punch to make it viable later on)

P.S. Please consider making us do a fast smack with the staff using quick melee while the staff is in hand... and maybe increasing the hit box on the projectile... and I'd also like a pony for Christmas while we're on the subject.

After using the Javlok for some time, the main problem I have noticed is the hitbox of the projectile is impossible small for its visual representation.

Countless times I have seen it fire under armpits of enemies while the visible part of the projectile seems to cover the shoulder, bicep area, and 1/4 of the torso. When trying to break fans on grineer asteroid tilesets, I see similar anomalies where the projectile appears to hit the blades, yet passes right through the fan without breaking/damaging it.

I have no punchthrough on it, I do not see any reason to believe it is a bug as it will never ghost through a body shot on an enemy.

This would lend itself to the idea that the projectile is actually bullet sized. If this is the case, it significantly impairs the functionality of the weapon. There is a small charge time before the projectile leaves. This is what leads to body shots leading to armpit evasion once the trigger is pulled as the enemies have enough time to post their foot, turn, and run.

Just to make the weapon actually feel as it looks, please increase the size of the projectile to match its visual presence. This inconsistency detracts from the weapon's utility and enjoyment.

I dont care so much about the lack of AoE to be honest. The staticor are a good weapon for that kind of gameplay. But even then, the hitbox for the staticor projectiles matches the visual for it.

The problem I have is that in lining up successive shots, you cannot accurately use the previous round as a tracer to guide you. There is no way to really aim effectively with the primary fire because the way it interacts with the environment is betrayed by its visual representation.

Edited by pyrocraziac

1 hour ago, Syncronocity said:

My MAJOR gripes with the weapon are fairly similar.

1) Can't color my blasts (yeah, that's #1 for me)

2) No AoE on the flaming ball of death it shoots.

3) Uncontrolled non-holdable charge mechanic makes it even more clunky and unwieldy than the opticor (but the opticor is still fun to use due to raw damage, blast aoe and it's a frickin' laser cannon)

Personal Recommendation for What Little it's Worth: Remove the charge up, make the energy color affect the projectile, add a (small) AoE component to standard fire. These three things would vastly improve how much I personally enjoy the weapon, and generally make it a more streamlined functional experience. In a game about Speedy Teenage Magic Space Ninjas vs Night of the Technophage Zombies, when there's so many other options to go with, clunky weapons don't last long. I'd hate to see a good design concept get shoved in the fodder bin because of some easily-rectified issues. (Kinda like the Stradavar, awesome handling weapon, beautifully crafted, but lacks enough real punch to make it viable later on)

P.S. Please consider making us do a fast smack with the staff using quick melee while the staff is in hand... and maybe increasing the hit box on the projectile... and I'd also like a pony for Christmas while we're on the subject.

Slot Shred into it and it might as well be semi-auto.yo. And I dunno, seems like the charge is kinda required to keep the weapon in line seeing that  it has pretty huge base elemental damage with decent crit chance and status chance. To make a compromise I'll say to just make you hold the charge for feeling of personal input instead of delayed controls, and perhaps just make it release bolt whenever you release the button at the cost of damage (So say if you spam it you only shot bolts for 30% damage). But dunno, a bit to drastic and makes it look like just making another weapon out of it rather than improving the old one.

and none of you is upset that we cant use heavy caliber mod on this weapon because its bugged?

i compared the opticor and javlok with heavy caliber mod on (both has 100 accuracy unmodded state)

after installing heavy caliber (max level -2) mod

the opticor had 29 accuracy (not to mention it deals higher dmg, you can charge your shot for dealing greater dmg, shoots instantly (after charging it ofc but it will hit at least where you aim at), and also have an AOE dmg compared to newly released javlok)

the javlok had 2.1 accuracy... failing to hit an enemy just in front of me!

for anyone thinking about getting a javlok, dont!

just get an opticor and thank me later

11 minutes ago, Ethedor said:

and none of you is upset that we cant use heavy caliber mod on this weapon because its bugged?

i compared the opticor and javlok with heavy caliber mod on (both has 100 accuracy unmodded state)

after installing heavy caliber (max level -2) mod

the opticor had 29 accuracy (not to mention it deals higher dmg, you can charge your shot for dealing greater dmg, shoots instantly (after charging it ofc but it will hit at least where you aim at), and also have an AOE dmg compared to newly released javlok)

the javlok had 2.1 accuracy... failing to hit an enemy just in front of me!

for anyone thinking about getting a javlok, dont!

just get an opticor and thank me later

Well no thats just obvious bug that is being talked about a lot in chat and on forums :P

And well the advantage that Javlok has over Opticor is its Bigger AOE on secondary, and faster charge up time meaning you'll be able to actually kill something more often with it before the teammate does. No need to mix them up, Javlok is good as a general use charged weapon while Opticor is a more specialized one that serves to take down enemy MvP's like ancients, bombards or bursas.

Edited by daget24

3 minutes ago, daget24 said:

Well no thats just obvious bug that is being talked about a lot in chat and on forums :P

And well the advantage that Javlok has over Opticor is its Bigger AOE on secondary, and faster charge up time meaning you'll be able to actually kill something more often with it before the teammate does. No need to mix them up, Javlok is good as a general use charged weapon while Opticor is a more specialized one that serves to take down enemy MvP's like ancients, bombards or bursas.

for me a gun either excels at taking down lot of enemies fast or it can do high amount of dmg/shot to take down bosses and stronger enemies

i cant put javlok in either group which makes it useless and not fun to play

tho i would be happier if it would look more similar to the staff weapon from stargate