Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Snowball PVP Event Feedback 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

Merry Merry PVP Event Feedback

After playing it today i thought I'd share my feedback for this. ☺

To start i don't like PVP in Warframe but I love PVP in games it just doesn't feel right in Warframe at the moment....😕

I think it has alot to do with the third person deal and the movement style of Warframe. So when i want my PVP thrill i prefer to jump onto Titanfall 2 or Battlefield.☺

Anyway to this event i really liked it and i know right someone with my opinion shouldn't. 😜

But it's insanely silly and fun to throw snowballs at people or belt someone with a candy cane. Best thing is no powers or very different styles per player.😊

So i have to give DE +100 for this but i still think be careful with pushing it on PVE players.😄

Could of done this for pvp no rewards just for fun and had us fight a magical void roided snowman.😂

Also to add the game shouldn't last so long 5 minutes tops or a 25 point cap (not 50) keeps things pumping ( see Titanfall ). 😊

PS. The lag can be really bad any chance of upgrading the servers or what ever the set up is?. 😂

Update : Still enjoying it but really wierd things happening because of the lag differences. Please consider a better hosting system for pvp every second counts where in pve not so much.

images.jpg

Second time around after xmas pvp event....

The first time around my brother and i had a blast. The second time around this lot now the xmas cheer is over wasn't so fun.

We also figured out that we suck if we are not host....😧 18 - 2 verses a 15 - 3.... 

DE we are Australian and can't find a game on oceanic at all. So we moved over to the American side. It's good for PVE still but not for PVP at all...

You must have dedicated servers to pull off PVP. We are huge PVP fans just Warframe cannot do it with its current state.

The movement and the way melee works is not correct for PVP. Then you must understand the importance of proper servers for it.

You also gotta have set ping limits and have games tied to it. Really recommend having a look at how Titanfall 2 does it.

Otherwise please don't tie rewards to pvp events.😊

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers
Pulled it from my post in General

Glad you enjoyed it.

Just a note: I don't feel like the PvE-focused players are forced into it. They don't have to partake in every tactical alert they come across, and I think it's plenty fair for PvP players to get Tactical Alerts, too. If PvP is to get better, it needs to be given fair treatment.

Just now, Nighttide77 said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Just a note: I don't feel like the PvE-focused players are forced into it. They don't have to partake in every tactical alert they come across, and I think it's plenty fair for PvP players to get Tactical Alerts, too. If PvP is to get better, it needs to be given fair treatment.

Yeah but anything with a reward no matter how insignificant will always have players wanting it for their collection.

My last bit of the post should of been done. Because i would play this event even with no rewards. 😊

4 minutes ago, Spin999 said:

I kinda want there to be a Christmas mission where we have to fight a giant infested snowman raid style. Snowballs and Cane's only! (That sounded less weird in my head...)

That doesn't sound  wierd at all lol i would enjoy that myself!. 😆

I never play pvp in warframe, and after trying it with this event i will never be doing it again. Here's my experience with the event so far. (And my internet connection is good so don't think the issues are on me.)

I use my slam attack on an enemy. He goes into the knockdown animation but is still moving around as if it never happened.
Get within melee range of an enemy. I jump 20 feet into the air then he kills me with a normal melee attack on the ground.

I get into a group fight and melee and enemy running away 5 times, with my weapon going right into them, and none count as hits.

0/10 worse than archwing.

Uh, Minamitsu, just because your internet is good doesn't mean others are good, too... The reason why your knocked down opponent is still moving with the knockdown animation is because they were not knocked down on their computer for that split second, which causes the feedback to look that way. Most other regulars just kind of accept that as a way of controlling your opponent without also easily getting a free kill on a helpless target (looks at Overwatch's McCree and Roadhog).

Same with jumping into the air and the opponent still hitting you at the position you were at. You didn't make that maneuver according to your opponent's computer, so there's that feedback netcode issue.

I don't exactly have an explanation of why you thought you got someone multiple times and they didn't count, though.

7 minutes ago, Nighttide77 said:

Calling card

Hey Night sorry to butt in , but you sound like you may have an idea on this.

I understand PC has some kind of system set up for people to act as server hosts for conclave.

But what about consoles , i am not sure how our servers are set up. But compared to playing other pvp games on games like Paragon and Titanfall 2 it seems very off (lag and hit wise).

Us Aussies have to play on America side because of the insanely low populace on ours (pretty much no games). So this could be affecting it but even on the North side on PS4 all games so far are normally 1v2 or 2v2 sometimes 3v2 or 3v3 (once).

So any information you could part would help me to understand how it works.

- Servers

- Match making

Etc

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Hey Night sorry to butt in , but you sound like you may have an idea on this.

I understand PC has some kind of system set up for people to act as server hosts for conclave.

But what about consoles , i am not sure how our servers are set up. But compared to playing other pvp games on games like Paragon and Titanfall 2 it seems very off (lag and hit wise).

Us Aussies have to play on America side because of the insanely low populace on ours (pretty much no games). So this could be affecting it but even on the North side on PS4 all games so far are normally 1v2 or 2v2 sometimes 3v2 or 3v3 (once).

So any information you could part would help me to understand how it works.

- Servers

- Match making

Etc

I know only bits because of having been on these Conclave forums for so long. PC has community servers that help mitigate the lag issue, but as one might imagine it's not perfect. It still heavily depends on the Internet of your opponent(s). Then again, I've seen that sort of issue even on a game like Guild Wars 2, so I kind of expect it and go with the flow.

As for consoles, I have not seen a single post or anything suggesting consoles might get community servers or stuff.

I'm pretty sure that consoles are still totally peer-to-peer and if you're overseas trying to play peer-to-peer in the US, I imagine the lag is almost inescapable.

Best suggestion I can give is to find a clan or other players in your general area and when you go to play those games, organize with your peeps and make it happen. Even I have a friend list where I join on others already in matches.

Edited by Nighttide77

Just now, Nighttide77 said:

Best suggestion I can have is to find a clan or other players in your general area and when you go to play those games, organize with your peeps and make it happen. Even I have a friend list where I join on others already in matches.

It's ok for me buddy i don't intend to do PVP in Warframe it was just something i noticed for the event. ☺

I highly recommend Titanfall 2 and Paragon for pvp and i always recommend Warframe as a grinder with a kick &#! new quest. 😊

Thanks for the information i now understand abit of what would be needed before PVP could acceptable for us console users. This also explains why its ultra rare to get games. 😔

I didn't PvP before this alert and yes, I did it for the rewards.

However a few of my matches were really fun and I was thinking of maybe giving regular conclave a try. Then happened what seems to always happen when someone new tries out PvP: Their biggest enemy turns out to be the players on their side. I'm not good at PvP (or this alert) and getting called names is not really my thing. Giving directions is fine ("Please stick with the group" etc.), but calling someone a f*ing scrub or idiot noob is something I don't want to see, wether I am the target or someone else.

I've made the experience in other PvP modes of other games that to this the usually reply is "Get better then noone will cuss at you". Nah, if I get treated like this I have no interest in doing PvP at all. I play to have fun and it's so sad to see that it's not the fault of the game modes but rather of some players playing that mode that it doesn't get played as much as it could be.

I think this tactical alert was a great idea and a chance to get players interested in PvP that didn't PvP before. That chance seems to have been wasted, for me at least the desire to play PvP has dropped to null as consequence of the treatment I got.

I'll still do this tactical alert because I want the reward. I'll just play the minimum to gain this reward however, so I'll propably keep on sucking. The incentive to get better should not be to avoid verbal abuse.

And to all that complain about conclave dying I say: Look in the mirror.

17 minutes ago, 1777Norker said:

I didn't PvP before this alert and yes, I did it for the rewards.

However a few of my matches were really fun and I was thinking of maybe giving regular conclave a try. Then happened what seems to always happen when someone new tries out PvP: Their biggest enemy turns out to be the players on their side. I'm not good at PvP (or this alert) and getting called names is not really my thing. Giving directions is fine ("Please stick with the group" etc.), but calling someone a f*ing scrub or idiot noob is something I don't want to see, wether I am the target or someone else.

I've made the experience in other PvP modes of other games that to this the usually reply is "Get better then noone will cuss at you". Nah, if I get treated like this I have no interest in doing PvP at all. I play to have fun and it's so sad to see that it's not the fault of the game modes but rather of some players playing that mode that it doesn't get played as much as it could be.

I think this tactical alert was a great idea and a chance to get players interested in PvP that didn't PvP before. That chance seems to have been wasted, for me at least the desire to play PvP has dropped to null as consequence of the treatment I got.

I'll still do this tactical alert because I want the reward. I'll just play the minimum to gain this reward however, so I'll propably keep on sucking. The incentive to get better should not be to avoid verbal abuse.

And to all that complain about conclave dying I say: Look in the mirror.

Umm...people in PvE do the same with calling names and "git gud". From a totally objective point of view, why is "git gud n00b" in PvP worse than seeing that in PvE?

22 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

Umm...people in PvE do the same with calling names and "git gud". From a totally objective point of view, why is "git gud n00b" in PvP worse than seeing that in PvE?

It's not, sorry if it seemed like I differentiated there. It's just as bad there as in PvP.

Haven't seen it as much though, but that doesn't make this behaviour acceptable (Maybe I don't see it as much in PvE because I don't suck as much in PvE). Neither does it make it acceptable in PvP because it happens in PvE. If you want people to play with you or the game alltogether you can't treat beginners or unskilled players as trash. And you can just stand idle by when someone does it. If you keep silent when someone else does it you're part of the problem.

6 minutes ago, 1777Norker said:

It's not, sorry if it seemed like I differentiated there. It's just as bad there as in PvP.

Haven't seen it as much though, but that doesn't make this behaviour acceptable (Maybe I don't see it as much in PvE because I don't suck as much in PvE). Neither does it make it acceptable in PvP because it happens in PvE. If you want people to play with you or the game alltogether you can't treat beginners or unskilled players as trash. And you can just stand idle by when someone does it. If you keep silent when someone else does it you're part of the problem.

Well, maybe you could reiterate these statements to any arrogant players when they get like that, both PvE and PvP. Most of the people I have played Conclave with have been respectful, and most consistent players are honorable. Every so often I find a teabagger or something, but I have not found a game where such people don't exist.

3 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

Well, maybe you could reiterate these statements to any arrogant players when they get like that, both PvE and PvP. Most of the people I have played Conclave with have been respectful, and most consistent players are honorable. Every so often I find a teabagger or something, but I have not found a game where such people don't exist.

I do, would be hypocritical if I did not do what I want others to do.

Maybe it was bad luck that I got 2 bad people in 6 games (now 9). I'll have to see.

This event is honestly pretty fun, but having to repeat 10 minute matches over and over in PvP is just not enjoyable. Maybe like quick 3-4 minute matches would've been better. The only reason I'm even bothering with this event is because you can't get the rewards anywhere else... Next time if a PvP event is absolutely necessary there should be a PvE and PvP version of the Tactical Alert and once one is done the other is gone as well. 

On 12/17/2016 at 8:25 AM, Nighttide77 said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

techanly it is forced on us pve'ers because they are giving winter solstace based skins and other stuff only from that f'n son of a bleep tatical alert. yesterday there was a orokin catalyst reward so yes it is forced on us so i hate it with all of my hate and rage for this and want it to go and explode into millions of fiery bits and pieces and never put back to gether.  i tend to try and avoid anyone in the thing because i hate dyeing repeatedly because of this piece of crap and sulk in some corner because i want to get the thing they put in the reward.

5 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

techanly it is forced on us pve'ers because they are giving winter solstace based skins and other stuff only from that f'n son of a bleep tatical alert. yesterday there was a orokin catalyst reward so yes it is forced on us so i hate it with all of my hate and rage for this and want it to go and explode into millions of fiery bits and pieces and never put back to gether.  i tend to try and avoid anyone in the thing because i hate dyeing repeatedly because of this piece of crap and sulk in some corner because i want to get the thing they put in the reward.

>_> No one forced you to do that blue potato tac alert.  I haven't run a single potato or forma blueprint invasion for months.  Shoot, I can't remember the last time I ran the special biweekly devstream 24hr potato blueprint alerts, either.  The fact that anyone felt forced to do some mission for a reward they could get in other ways is beyond me.  Just because it's free doesn't mean you need to freeload.

The event is fine. I can think of cooler events, but whatever. My biggest complaint just has to do with conclave in general.

It's the same argument people made when DE put a full on event in Archwing.

If the game mode is still broken and unfair to a lot of players, you shouldn't put an event on it. Yes, of course, you aren't forced or obligated to participate. However, there are a metric butt load of players that only have the newest content left to do, so they only come back for major updates/events/tac alerts. A good portion of my clan is this way. I can tell you that this tac alert has realllyyyy put them off simply because of how conclave plays out. So many stories of people seemingly hitting another, but getting nothing, or people dropping dead to finally see something hit them a second later. And these are people that don't have connection issues in any other part of the game.

If I were judging the event based on a stable ping, no lag issues and not getting stuck with a bunch of high tier PvP players every couple of matches, I'd give the event a 7/10. 

All they really did was reskin a couple of weapons, change a couple of numbers, add some cold procs, and we have the event. However, it is a little fun (when it works properly).

I'd still give conclave itself a 4/10 though. Even Battlefield 4 had its connection issues largely fixed after 2 years.

Edited by CoRRh

14 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

>_> No one forced you to do that blue potato tac alert.  I haven't run a single potato or forma blueprint invasion for months.  Shoot, I can't remember the last time I ran the special biweekly devstream 24hr potato blueprint alerts, either.  The fact that anyone felt forced to do some mission for a reward they could get in other ways is beyond me.  Just because it's free doesn't mean you need to freeload.

unlike you i can't afford much at all in this game so the best way for me to enjoy anything is to get any goodies threw tactical alerts. it has been ages sense i was able to put in some money in this game. i don't have a job and i can't seem to actualy get a job right now and i am stuck on depending on my social security because of this. so now do you see why i feel upset about them waving goodies at my face and say you have to do pvp even though you hate it to get it? besides that i feel forced to play the pvp to enjoy the christmas event and to enjoy anything it offers. how do you like it when there is something that you want and it is only gettable through something you detest, hate, and despise?

and the main reason i hate this is because people can gang up on you and kill you over and over again while your team is scattered across the map. if it wasn't for this issue then it wouldnt be bad. now i think about i probably just plain out hate team pvp because i hate hampering the other teammates with my uselessness in pvp. even if i am actualy doing something  i am still hampering the team so what is the difference about that? i am like a 1 ton weight that the team has to carry around because whether i am actual doing something or not i still cant do anything worth a crap in the game.