Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do stats feel so useless or confined?

(PSN)Swaydeadlyest

Sorry if this has been covered before but honestly there are so many posts that trying to not repost can be hard.

So the title explains the gist of what this is about. Some of the in game stats honestly feel useless most of the time. Armor is honestly the top at my list Atm.

Valkyr with over 1k armor still gets shredded as if the armor wasn't there. The same applied to other warframes as well. I know most peoples first response is don't get hit or they have abilities like hysteria or rhinos iron skin. Put that aside and just think about it. Valkyr is designed to be a berserker, a fighter capable of taking punishment so that she can in turn deal damage. Rhino is honestly made to be a literal tank and he can't do it without relying solely on abilities and constant movement.  I honestly feel like armor needs to become a stat that actually means something or it should be removed.

Moving on from armor I feel like your maximum health and shields are also very limited. There are only really 3 mods to use that can increase them and the end result is very limited. 

Am I alone in feeling this way? I love the game no doubt and I love the increase in difficulty. However with an increase difficulty there needs to be an increase in survivability and a more flexible way to play with the available characters. 

Please no negativity or rudeness. Just chat.

Of course armor is useless. No matter how much armor you have got, you will still be inferior to the alpha tank of Warframe: defying Wukong. Moreover, tanking is further made useless by many other Warframes that render enemies incapable of dealing damage in dozens of metres around, it's rather a gimmick.

Edited by SeaUrchins

1 hour ago, (PS4)Swaydeadlyest said:

Am I alone in feeling this way? I love the game no doubt and I love the increase in difficulty. However with an increase difficulty there needs to be an increase in survivability and a more flexible way to play with the available characters. 

Please no negativity or rudeness. Just chat.

No you can't increase difficulty and increase survivability at the same time as it just nullifies each other. 

Having armor and life mods makes all the did in the world with exception on sortie 3 and up. 

If you're relying on solely your shields, armour and health to protect you against the hordes of enemies (that also have the same protection) then of course you're going to die.

It's your warframe abilities and ninja-like combat manoeuvres that allow you to survive.

Better stats give you a small edge, but they don't and shouldn't let you face-tank enemies by themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the game's code is a bit messed up when it comes to shield and health.

The armor values don't count in until all the shield is depleted, so if you take damage that kills your shields, you still take full damage when it reaches your health.

So say if you take 300 damage to Valkyr with only 150 shields and 700 heath, You will lose your 150 shields and 150 to your health, instead of 150 shield and reduce damage to your health. This is why some tanky frames feel less tanky, and why people advocate for shield gating. Plus scaling.