The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EB Excalibur???

PlayStationOnexxxXIV

Question

7 answers to this question

Uses a few forma (about 4-5) but its very solid...i use it with my nikana prime or my dragon nikana (if i need/want different builds)..but the weapon doesnt matter for EB...though a sword/nikana/dual swords would be best to make use of excal's passive

never formad mine 

dont really see a reason with umbra to come someday 

in all honesty just focus on the basics range, strength, efficiency , duration is ok at 95% 

key to remember is that melee mods effect it, life strike can be good

I use corrosive to aide with slash is fun 

mods that dont help

-body count 

-blood rush 

-maiming strike( cant remember ?)

also  excal passive is useful with swords

aura steel charge + coation drift can be a good combo to take advantage of 

EDIT

also note mods specific to weapons [like purity] dont effect exalted blade 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

This is the EB build I use

8uLcB4c.jpg

Originally I was running Vitality to use with life Strike which I find superior to QT, eHP Vs. massive recovery speed. Since I don't run Lifestrike anymore it could be fine either way. You may like Steel Fiber to make him a little more durable at lower levels but at higher levels it doesn't make much difference. You become entirely dependent on Blind or Invisibility to stay alive.

This is the Gas build for the weapon:

guy6k9Y.jpg

Gas build is very strong when used with both invisibility and Blind but it's also energy demanding. I tend to use it because I also use Arcane Energize so there's no energy problem but for long term endurance runs you may very well find yourself starved for energy, esp solo where less enemies spawn.

This is the Status Corrosive/Blast build for the weapon.

1ZzZT0i.jpg

This is the less energy dependent status build that does not fully rely on Blind in order to do damage. When enemies are knocked down via Blast proc they take Stealth multiplier damage as they get back up which simulates both the CC and the DPS boost of blind without using energy.

I also have a Crit setup but there's no point in using it as long as stealth multipliers double dip. (1 year and counting)

Edited by Xzorn

Does Drifting Contact actually work with Exalted Blade?  I was under the impression that was a bug...

That said, I'm using Xzorn's second Nikana Prime build (Life Strike <==> Drifting Contact), with this Excalibur build:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_4440220020_2-2-10-3-8-5-5-3-5-6-6-5-12-5-10-19-1-10-49-0-10-55-7-5-479-4-10-615-9-5_49-8-19-7-2-6-5-9-479-7-12-8-6-11-55-11-3-18-615-9_0/en/1-0-5

I'm also running Naramon, so the crit and stealth from there help with survivability.

My favorite Casual/All-rounder build with Excalibur

(Everything is at max rank unless specified to be otherwise)

1. Warframe build

1) Stats

Spoiler

Enemy Armor: -30%

Health: 740

Shield: 300

Armor: 213.75

Knockback Recovery: +160%

Power Strength: 170%

Power Efficiency: 190%

Power Duration: 67.5%

Power Range: 100%

2) Arcane

Spoiler

1) Arcane Energize: 40% chance to get extra 100 energy per energy orb 

2) Arcane Pendragon: +15% power strength, -5% armor

3) Aura

Spoiler

Corrosive Projection: reduce all enemy armor by 30%

4) Exilus

Spoiler

Handspring: Increase knockdown recovery by 160%

5) Mods

Spoiler

1) Vitality: Increase maximum health by 440%

2) Rage: Convert 40% of damage taken to health into energy

3) Quick Thinking: Energy is decreased instead of health when fatal damage is received

4) Primed Flow: Increase maximum energy by 275%

5) Transient Fortitude: Increase power strength by 55%, decrease power duration by 27.5%

6) Primed Continuity: Increase power duration by 55%

7) Fleeting Expertise: Increase power efficiency by 60%, decrease power duration by 60%

8) Streamline: Increase power efficiency by 30%

6) Focus: Naramon

Spoiler

1) Shadow Step: Grants 10 seconds of invisibility whenever a melee critical hit is performed

2) Deadly Intent: Increases melee critical chance by 30%(multiplicative)

2. Melee build

Spoiler

1) Primed Pressure Point: Increases melee damage by 165%

2) Primed Fury: Increases melee attack speed by 55%

3) Berserker: Increases melee attack speed by 30% for 24 seconds whenever a melee critical hit is performed(stacks up to 75%) 

4) Life Strike(unranked): +5% life steal for channeled attacks, -35% channeling efficiency

5~8) Corrosive/Blast Combo: For damage

3. General Description

Spoiler

1. Maximum power efficiency, Channel tank with Life Strike/Rage + Primed Flow/Quick Thinking

2. High Power strength for Exalted Blade while keeping enough duration and range for Radial Blind, Slash Dash is mostly for mobility, Radial Javelin is ignored

Feel free to change the build around :)

PS: A non-EB "Maiming Strike-Spin to Win" or "Body Count/Drifting Contact + Blood Rush" melee weapon build could be much more powerful for endgame though.

Edited by NativeKiller