Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee

Latiac

Is it possible to improve the survivability of Banshee, I just took her into a Axi Fissure mission and was downed about 6 times in the first few minutes by Corrupted Crewmen (I'm aware they scale like T4 did right? so they'll do WAAAY more damage, and it's incredibly infuriating to get 1 shotted every corner you turn) but it raises the question, Can Banshee survive some things like these missions at all, does banshee need a buff in some ways, will damage 3.0 change these mechanics at all?

Discuss.

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Before we discuss improving her survivability, what build are you running?  

Max range Silence and Resonance if I recall, (Maybe missing Overextended, I can't remember for sure), Vitality is also dumped in there for survivability but apart from that I don't run shield mods (Unless it's Mag or something) since Slash is far more fatal late game.

I always aim to have Silence up to stun, maybe i'm just incredibly unlucky today.

Edited by Latiac

I highly recommend Primed Flow (or regular flow) and Quick Thinking, in addition to vitality. It will require some slight build nerfs, but that's better than being dead. I rarely die as banshee, because I use these mods AND I move around a LOT. Banshee is a glass cannon, high dps but very breakable. You have to move fast (and constantly) to avoid being shot. You should be parkouring just about all of the time, and try to shoot from the air and ground slam and such. Also if you wall latch they'll get the same accuracy penalty as if you were in the air, so you can wall-latch and shoot more safely than shooting on the ground.

Also have silence up at all times. The stun is really helpful, and if you move around a lot you can re-stun enemies by moving out of and into range.

Just now, Azrael said:

I highly recommend Primed Flow (or regular flow) and Quick Thinking, in addition to vitality. It will require some slight build nerfs, but that's better than being dead. I rarely die as banshee, because I use these mods AND I move around a LOT. Banshee is a glass cannon, high dps but very breakable. You have to move fast (and constantly) to avoid being shot. You should be parkouring just about all of the time, and try to shoot from the air and ground slam and such. Also if you wall latch they'll get the same accuracy penalty as if you were in the air, so you can wall-latch and shoot more safely than shooting on the ground.

Also have silence up at all times. The stun is really helpful, and if you move around a lot you can re-stun enemies by moving out of and into range.

Never once though about Quick thinking, If i'm running a Resonance build I probably don't need god levels of Power strength, so I can probably find space for that. Great idea!

14 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Max range Silence and Resonance if I recall, (Maybe missing Overextended, I can't remember for sure), Vitality is also dumped in there for survivability but apart from that I don't run shield mods (Unless it's Mag or something) since Slash is far more fatal late game.

I always aim to have Silence up to stun, maybe i'm just incredibly unlucky today.

Slash is nuts, main reason I'm going to experiment with a Vitality on MAg instead of Redirection.  (Shield Transference is a staple in my build)  but Az made a good suggestion about Quick Thinking + Primed Flow.  

Just now, Noamuth said:

Slash is nuts, main reason I'm going to experiment with a Vitality on MAg instead of Redirection.  (Shield Transference is a staple in my build)  but Az made a good suggestion about Quick Thinking + Primed Flow.  

I normally never consider quick thinking in my builds, but for the squishier frames it might indeed be a staple.

5 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Never once though about Quick thinking, If i'm running a Resonance build I probably don't need god levels of Power strength, so I can probably find space for that. Great idea!

With resonance I've found you can cut your strength down quite a bit and still be super effective. Remember that if you spam your sonar the weakspots will sometimes stack, and you can easily get millions of damage that way. I used to run with 199% strength, but I've actually been running with 139 lately and I still do stupid amounts of damage.

One thing to try might be to reduce your range. It reduces the effectiveness of sonar/resonance, but with all that range you're stunning enemies out of your immediate area/view. So afterwards they just roll on through.

Edited by copyboyo