Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is still one obnoxious sortie reward that needs looking into...

Shining_Darkness

And that's focus lenses... They have roughly 30% chance to drop (greater and lesser), which is higher % than 2k endo, and much more useless than endo once you've already finished getting all focus masteries you wanted...

Basically, I doubt anyone in warframe needs that crazy amount of focus lenses that we get in sorties (for example I play only characters without them at this point simply because that yellow focus event thing is just an annoying distraction during missions + its confusing because it has the same color as mission objective)

So can we please get rid of them from sortie reward table or reduce chance to 5-10%?

Like literally lenses become useless after like 1 week of playing with just ONE lens of the school you want after you've get the masteries you want...

Or I dont know... make them useful somehow? I have lik 30 lenses I will never ever use sitting in my inventory at the moment, now whats the point of having this useless reward with highest % chance to drop?

Edited by Shining_Darkness

5 minutes ago, Shining_Darkness said:

And that's focus lenses... They have roughly 30% chance to drop (greater and lesser), which is higher % than 2k endo, and much more useless than endo once you've already finished getting all focus masteries you wanted...

Basically, I doubt anyone in warframe needs that crazy amount of focus lenses that we get in sorties (for example I play only characters without them at this point simply because that yellow focus event thing is just an annoying distraction during missions + its confusing because it has the same color as mission objective)

So can we please get rid of them from sortie reward table?

Like literally lenses become useless after like 1 week of playing with just ONE lens of the school you want after you've get the masteries you want...

Or I dont know... make them useful somehow? I have lik 30 lenses I will never ever use sitting in my inventory at the moment, now whats the point of having this useless reward with highest % chance to drop?

u can always sell it. 5pl for the lesser and 20-30 pl for the greater, easy money :D

1 minute ago, Shining_Darkness said:

Hardly anyone buys them since they are so common...

don't assume, i sold the lenses i dropped in sortie pretty easily and even traded for the ones i needed. i run 2 schools madurai and vazarin and still i haven't maxed them out becaume i don't bother farmi focus actively,just passively. i have 1100hours and MR20...and i need lenses xD.

Only know of one person that has finished all the schools.  I have all the schools unlocked, and the "good" stages on each done.  But, a LONG way to go so I appreciate getting Greater Lens.   Small I consider a meh roll, but they can be turned into Greater over time.    So I want the len's to stay.  

7 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Agree. Lenses are not even necessary at this point for most people. Unless a focus change is on the way.

Actually there is a particular feature I looked into that seemingly has no purpose after completing TWW. That feature is listed as being related to a Focus system rework coming up. I don't want to say what it is in case readers haven't done the quest yet, but if you have then look on your profile in game and you'll see what I'm referring to.

9 hours ago, Sirfol said:

u can always sell it. 5pl for the lesser and 20-30 pl for the greater, easy money :D

Wait, can you actually trade the greater lenses? I'd kind of assumed they were non-tradeable since they're something you can directly purchase for platinum from the store. And... also because now I'm remembering none of them showed up in the menu when I gave a friend a bunch of normal lenses a few days ago.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Actually there is a particular feature I looked into that seemingly has no purpose after completing TWW. That feature is listed as being related to a Focus system rework coming up. I don't want to say what it is in case readers haven't done the quest yet, but if you have then look on your profile in game and you'll see what I'm referring to.

Ty for the heads up. Ill take a look tonight.

It's about time to move the lenses out of Sorties. Put them somewhere else ... alerts, invasions, nightmare mode, spy missions, heck, there's tons of mission types that give crappy rewards... Getting lenses would be great in these situations.

Besides , it would be cool to be able to farm specific lens on in a reliable manner... In turn, this would mean more of your gear would have lenses equipped on them. What the point of having a huge arsenal if you're always using the same gear since it's the only gear that has lenses on.

I mean, there's like 370+ different things in this game can can have lenses equipped on, they could give lenses by candy and people would still have stuff to put them on.

Endo also needs to be removed from sorties imho... Especially if you start adding secondary rivens in the mix... At one point we'll have litterally 300+ different rivens in the game, these need to be acquired in a somewhat reliable and easy manner... Just make endo alerts more frequent and increase the payoff to 500 endo per alert or something...

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Take regular lenses out of sorties and move them to syndicates. Sell them for 50-75k standing there.

Greater lenses can probably remain in sorties and the percentage chance of getting them adjusted. Currently there's a 30% chance of getting some kind of lens. Greater lens chances can be changed to 4% each (4 x 5 = 20% total).

The 10% you just saved by removing regular lenses can be moved to riven mods, increasing the chance of a riven from 20% to 30%.

There. Job done. This gives a decent balance between rewards and keeps the reward pool reasonably large (which DE seems to like), still keeps greater lenses in there for people who may like them but makes it so that lenses literally aren't the most common reward.