Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal vacuum much? Hello?

Pillagius

Still no vacuum for Kubrows and Kavats. 

Just shove it up the warframe's socket, so it works passively ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME!

And PLEASE, don't give this "Ouh! But it would make something OP" crap, it's game about freakin' space ninjas, not garbage collector simulator - we shouldn't bother with loot gathering process at all, instead all we got is "kinda universal vacuum" which in the end still got nerfed.

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

i cant even begin to explain how much im against the idea of it being built into frames, much less at full size, there's a reason that when it was a sentinel passive it had reduced range. dont be lazy,  and leave your salt at the ocean, we prefer fresh water here

Exactly. There's a fine line between being innovative and being lazy. Just go grab your pickups. It's seriously not that big of a deal, we all do it.

1 minute ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

But walking three feet to pick up an item isn't an issue. It's pretty simple, actually.

Aha... Explosions, bullets flying left and ri.. OH! A mod! NVM everything else, gotta walk and pick it up!

Guess Warframe sub-reddit is better place to discuss game's issues, than it's own official forum...

1 minute ago, BitterPill said:

Aha... Explosions, bullets flying left and ri.. OH! A mod! NVM everything else, gotta walk and pick it up!

Guess Warframe sub-reddit is better place to discuss game's issues, than it's own official forum...

I walk to get mods all the time, and I play Volt, a pretty squishy frame. In my opinion, there's no problem with how it works now. If it really bothers you that much, use a sentinel like the others who for some reason think its an inconceivable tragedy that they have to walk a few feet to get their loot.

9 minutes ago, BitterPill said:

271.gif

Oh lordy, that explains so much.

Well, I don't even use Vacuum now... so your cries of anguish are falling on uncaring ears. I don't know what you're doing ingame that would require such intense focus and concentration that you cannot break for a single moment to pick up a fallen mod or some resources that you want. I just don't get it, but maybe that's just me being me :/

Edited by Angrados
Bold for clarification of emphasis.

15 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

But walking three feet to pick up an item isn't an issue. It's pretty simple, actually.

And yet walking around picking up crap isn't what the game is supposed to be about.  Unless it enhances the experience, it's excess baggage that needs to go.

Vacuum is just merely a small band-aid for the larger issue at hand, which is that the whole loot system of warframe is effectively broken. This isn't like another RPG or MMO where you can pick up the loot after a battle, you have to do it constantly because you are in battle. When you're in the middle of a 3-hour survival, you don't want to have to walk over to a mod, only to find it's another serration, because you risked your life trying to retrieve it. Which is why a true UNIVERSAL vacuum is required.  Also, I may add, that picking up loot is not fun, but it is what the game is without vacuum. Rather than shooting another wave of enemies, I'm busy picking up random loot, because it is all needed.

Edited by MorrowDeath

3 minutes ago, BitterPill said:

So that's why you commented on post about Vacuum. OK.

No, I commented on a post about the Warframe subreddit being somehow better than the actual forums. You'll notice I didn't quote the OP when I posted. I even bolded the line about the Warframe subreddit being a better place for discussion to clarify as an afteredit because I wanted to make sure that came through. I added everything else to make sure that my post remained somewhat on topic rather than derailing your thread (no need to thank me, though really derailing this hate train probably wouldn't be such a bad thing...). 

Maybe next time I'll invest in a flashing neon sign, so that my intentions don't get lost in translation. Or something.

Still don't get why all warframes don't get innate vacuum by default. Everyone's happy, nobody's wasting a mod slot, you're free not to use sentinels, to use kubrows and kavats and players miss less ressources pickups. Everyone's using it anyway, might as well make it default and be done with it. It's a fast paced space ninja game, not a "slowly collect boxes scattered in every room simulator".

And for those that say "well, use sentinels". The whole point of universal vacuum was to allow the fanbase to use something other that carrier. It worked in some regards, now people are using other sentinels , but most people aren't using kubrows and kavats precisely because they are still "inferior" to sentinels in many ways.

For Kavats and Kubrows to be truly an alternative to Sentinels, DE needs to bring universal vacum to pets AND to bring a few missing utilitiy features, like for example the mod that allow sentinels to fully recharget the user's shield when it gets depleted, coolant leak and so on.... At least make equivalent mods for the pets so your companion choice is defined by each animal's attacks and skills and not by utility mods not avialable on all categories. I can't tell you how many times I equipped a Kubrow and Kavat for a couple of missions only to get back to sentinels because I was losing utilitiy mods like Medi Ray, Shield Recharge, Vacuum, plus that crap about curing generic decay every couple of days.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

4 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

And yet walking around picking up crap isn't what the game is supposed to be about.  Unless it enhances the experience, it's excess baggage that needs to go.

you pick items to construct new frames, weapons, pizzas, dojos which are enhances to the warframe experience, I mean if it is garbage you don´t need to pick it up, and with the help of resource extractors, you can stop worring about them for themost part.

2 minutes ago, MorrowDeath said:

Vacuum is just merely a small band-aid for the larger issue at hand, which is that the whole loot system of warframe is effectively broken. This isn't like another RPG or MMO where you can pick up the loot after a battle, you have to do it constantly because you are in battle. When you're in the middle of a 3 hour survival, you don't want to have to walk over to a mod, only to find it's another serration, because you risked your life trying to retrieve it. Which is why a true UNIVERSAL vacuum is required. 

its not required, and you all know that. theres a fine line between being helpful and being lazy. you want to cross into the lazy side

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Still don't get why all warframes don't get innate vacuum by default. Everyone's happy, nobody's wasting a mod slot, you're free not to use sentinels, to use kubrows and kavats and players miss less ressources pickups. Everyone's using it anyway, might as well make it default and be done with it. It's a fast paced space ninja game, not a "slowly collect boxes scattered in every room simulator".

And for those that say "well, use sentinels". The whole point of universal vacuum was to allow the fanbase to use something other that carrier. It worked in some regards, now people are using other sentinels , but most people aren't using kubrows and kavats precisely because they are still "inferior" to sentinels in many ways.

For Kavats and Kubrows to be truly an alternative to Sentinels, DE needs to bring universal vacum to pets AND to bring a few missing utilitiy features, like for example the mod that allow sentinels to fully recharget the user's shield when it gets depleted, coolant leak and so on.... At least make equivalent mods for the pets so your companion choice is defined by each animal's attacks and skills and not by utility mods not avialable on all categories.

say hello to someone that would be unhappy if they made vacuum a default for frames.

and you ever notcie that kubrows and kavats are not mechanical in nature, unlike sentinels? a lot of the stuff sentinels can do would make absolutely no sense at all for a kubrow or kavat to do.

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

its not required, and you all know that. theres a fine line between being helpful and being lazy. you want to cross into the lazy side

Vacuum is needed, because unless if you want to lose a large percentage of resources by the mission's end, in which case go ahead. I'd prefer to not do that. And saying that creating a universal vacuum is being lazy does not help the situation at all. In a game where you need to be constantly moving to survive* you are practically flying over enemies. And to have to go down and pick up another 27 plastids, and possibly risk getting 1 shot by heat seeking bombards(another rant for another day) is horrible, when it could be avoided by a universal vacuum. This is just plain annoying and tedious... In a game about going as fast as possible. 

1 minute ago, MorrowDeath said:

Vacuum is needed, because unless if you want to lose a large percentage of resources by the mission's end, in which case go ahead. I'd prefer to not do that. And saying that creating a universal vacuum is being lazy does not help the situation at all. In a game where you need to be constantly moving to survive* you are practically flying over enemies. And to have to go down and pick up another 27 plastids, and possibly risk getting 1 shot by heat seeking bombards(another rant for another day) is horrible, when it could be avoided by a universal vacuum. This is just plain annoying and tedious... In a game about going as fast as possible. 

except "going as fast as possible" isnt really the point of the game, its just the goal of rushers and impatient players

1 minute ago, MorrowDeath said:

Thats interesting because I can dodge, shoot and still get everything on the ground. I don't need to look to the ground for 5 minutes to get the drops. In a game about going fast as possible, you guys seems to be too slow to get killed while running over drops.

Just now, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Thats interesting because I can dodge, shoot and still get everything on the ground. I don't need to look to the ground for 5 minutes to get the drops. In a game about going fast as possible, you guys seems to be too slow to get killed while running over drops.

I am referring to very high-level missions, such as a 3 hour t4 survival. 

3 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

except "going as fast as possible" isnt really the point of the game, its just the goal of rushers and impatient players

So if finishing the mission relatively quickly isn't the point of the game what is? Enjoying the parkour and gunplay... which involves going fast.