Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe: Nidus Feedback

[DE]Taylor

1 hour ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

He has weak sides,

his 1 only damages in a certain line . It's not a press 4 to win

His 2 can be deployed one at a time. Vauban's vortex is superior to larva in every single way

Your skill list would be correct if you could only have one skill but in reality its press 2->1 to win.

And the thing that makes it really broken is that it costs him no energy, if he had to pay for it (like EVERY other frame) his way to high stacking would take much more time and would be far more balanced, you could even say you worked for 50 stacks and it costs more time than 3 minutes.

I have been with Nidus in an Eximus Stronghold and made more damage than anyone else with no melee kills and 0% accuracy at the end, no other frame can do that, it would not even be OK if they balance all frames with his scaling because its simply to easy for the contend we have.

1 hour ago, Cuxman said:

Your skill list would be correct if you could only have one skill but in reality its press 2->1 to win.

And the thing that makes it really broken is that it costs him no energy, if he had to pay for it (like EVERY other frame) his way to high stacking would take much more time and would be far more balanced, you could even say you worked for 50 stacks and it costs more time than 3 minutes.

I have been with Nidus in an Eximus Stronghold and made more damage than anyone else with no melee kills and 0% accuracy at the end, no other frame can do that, it would not even be OK if they balance all frames with his scaling because its simply to easy for the contend we have.

Have you ever read the suggestion of mine to balance it out or are you just nit-picking my posts?

3 hours ago, DinendalMinyatur said:

Reducing damage in his 1st skill reasonably, and restricting the number of enemies pulled in with larva (like vauban's bastille) is required for a smarter play but not nerfing to the ground to make him unreliable at high level content.

Also I want to point out something:

"...Made more damage than anyone else with no melee kills and 0% accuracy at the end, no other frame can do that"

That is what makes Nidus unique. I liked Nidus because he's the only  beast frame can shred enemies with just powers alone and that is a different experience in this whole game. If you want Nidus to be "just another tanky frame and must use weapons to kill" well buddy it defeats the purpose of this frame's existance imho. Unless some synergy with infested weapons added of course.

On 12/22/2016 at 3:25 PM, MIZTERDANKEE said:

Im gonna ask this here as I asked through region chat. how come Inaros and Titania had their parts drop through the quest but suddenly you guys decide "Lets have a specific mission for those parts with a small procentage of them to drop" not wanna seem toxic or anything but only getting a blueprint after going through a bunch of Indux missions seem a little lackluster. What you guys could do to fix this issue is to just have the parts drop for ech Index you do through the quest

Hello? Ivara? I honestly think Nidus is easier to get than Ivara. Spamming all those 100+ spy mission just hoping for a chance of Ivara is more of a pain to me.

On 2.1.2017 at 5:33 PM, DinendalMinyatur said:

Have you ever read the suggestion of mine to balance it out or are you just nit-picking my posts?

You started this conversation, i never had or have any interest in your balance ideas, that might be something the devs should read not I.
I’m just adding myself to the list of people who find his current state a devastating kick in the face for anyone who wants some diversity and not that all groups are either Sinoid-Mirage for speed runs or Nidus for endless missions.

On 2.1.2017 at 5:33 PM, DinendalMinyatur said:

That is what makes Nidus unique. I liked Nidus because he's the only  beast frame can shred enemies with just powers alone and that is a different experience in this whole game.

So what do you expect from the long list of other Frames that have no weapon buff?
So its OK, that anyone who would like to do the same with another Frame cant reach even halve the damage while being extremely more squishy than "your" Frame?
You are missing the main point of my statement here, its not than he can act as a pure caster, its that you can overshadow anyone else (even those who play right and with decent gear) with very little risk and effort.
I’m sure most Nidus players think "WOW, I’m so skilled with this frame, its like its made for me", but its not its just the easy mode in the form of a Frame.

I just had a very odd thing happen in a mission. Had over 70 stacks, standing within ravenous at full health, blocking with the zenistar, and i just straight up died. No undying or anything, I just outright died. It was the Io defense on Jupiter, wave 25, so the enemies weren't even high level. Anybody else had this happen?

4 hours ago, Cuxman said:

You started this conversation, i never had or have any interest in your balance ideas, that might be something the devs should read not I.
I’m just adding myself to the list of people who find his current state a devastating kick in the face for anyone who wants some diversity and not that all groups are either Sinoid-Mirage for speed runs or Nidus for endless missions.

So what do you expect from the long list of other Frames that have no weapon buff?
So its OK, that anyone who would like to do the same with another Frame cant reach even halve the damage while being extremely more squishy than "your" Frame?
You are missing the main point of my statement here, its not than he can act as a pure caster, its that you can overshadow anyone else (even those who play right and with decent gear) with very little risk and effort.
I’m sure most Nidus players think "WOW, I’m so skilled with this frame, its like its made for me", but its not its just the easy mode in the form of a Frame.

There's a ton of options when it comes to speed runs and endless setups, just nobody wants to use anything but what is literally the easiest and cheesiest way possible. I don't see how he can be a kick in the face to anyone. He isn't the be all, end all frame. I can't see him becoming a staple frame for the super long endless runs, we already have frames that are considered a necessity and have been for a long time, and that probably won't change. He can't do much in speed runs or normal missions with groups because he can't really stack.

And if you wanna talk little risk and effort, there's plenty of other frames and combos that take that cake. Mirage, Ember, Wukong, somewhat Valkyr still, Inaros, literally ANY frame with a crit melee weapon and Naramon. Plus the biggest offender, Loki, who can just trivialize the majority of the content in this game.

4 hours ago, ABipolrMandingo said:

I just had a very odd thing happen in a mission. Had over 70 stacks, standing within ravenous at full health, blocking with the zenistar, and i just straight up died. No undying or anything, I just outright died. It was the Io defense on Jupiter, wave 25, so the enemies weren't even high level. Anybody else had this happen?

I've had this happen to me during The Glast Gambit Index portions as well. There could be a hidden cooldown or a bug affecting the passive that's causing those deaths.

This warframe is absolutely awesome. The synergy between skills rocks!

I've only experienced one downside. Using weaponry/melee attacks feels like I am not progressing my stacks. Considering the benefits derived from the stacks it feels like I am hindering myself by using anything aside from abilities. I have a pair of awesome infested claws that see no action except when I'm out of energy or when the mission is of trivial difficulty.

Could we a partial mutation increase for melee criticals perhaps? Either baseline or trough a glyph?
Or perhaps that critically hitting an enemy trapped by our larva would grant a stack?

That said, this frame is my new favorite! Great job on the design on both visual and gameplay with this one!

Since the nerf, it seems that about half the time, the tentacle ball raises up so high that his stomp can't reach the enemies in it. I wouldn't take him in a sortie or any high level mission, he's just not viable anymore. If a frame with no shields has such unreliable abilities, then I see no reason why one should fork over $15 to buy him from the market. Buggy/broken frames, I would imagine, get sagging sales. Please make it so his second ability doesn't auto-rise.

Edited by Balortheheadsman

I just can't take any complaints about Nidus serious when it's usually about how tanky he is combined with damage.

"But bigfake84, you don't even own him you console pleb"

True that I am bound to consoles... For now. But I've read up enough to realize that if people are mostly complaining about Nidus' unkillability, then why is me sitting there forever with Wukong, acting like the enemy weapons are back scratchers that give me more power, not being hated?

"Well he is an unkillable caster that does mad damage"

Mhmm damage... That thing that doesn't scale well because this game scales in crazy ways. You tell me what damage caster frame you use for 100+ enemies... None. Not even nidus... Ok maybe Nidus for a while. But CC casters will still remain king. Damage casters will still be lack luster in the end. Same old story, same old song and dance

"But hes one shotting everything under 100"

So are many things, and often they nuke an entire area. We're talking about a line of damage that relies on his 2.

What's the real complaint here??? Because i thought a damage caster that finally can be consistent for upper tier content was something we wanted

Edit: BUT i will admit, his undying should perhaps consume some more stacks. Playing as Wukong, its too easy to cheese some content and i strongly discourage being literally immortal. I can imagine being able to regain 10 stacks in an instant if enemies dont die quickly.

Edited by (XB1)bigsnake84

I got a pretty mitigated experience with this thing :

- Spamming 1 + 2 for a time, then only being able to use 3 and 4, feels too boring

- skill 1 is bugged : using it on uphill path works fine most of the time, using it on downhill path doesn't work. It just doesn't appear or damage enemies.

- skill 2 seem blind : ignores enemies close to it and trying to grab some enemies far away behind obstacles

- all skills : from what is written in the description, everything spawned by the frame is infection overgrowth, meaning physical things. Then WHY IN THE NINE HELLS do nullifiers nullify them? skill 1 doesn't even do damage on nullifier bubles. this frame should be a perfect anti nullifier frame, and you still made it's skills nullifiable? it doesn't make sense. until this is fixed this frame is garbage.

Edited by Huryiade

strictly cosmetic feedback:  nidus' energy color doesn't show through when you have a bright accent color.  It shows fantastically with dark accent colors.  But the brighter the accent gets, the more invisible the energy becomes.  dunno if this is something that's easily fixed or not...

A lot of people seem to complain about his scaling, that his damage becomes overpowered very fast. So I would just say the additional damage per stack should be lower, but the stack cap removed. He would finally be a frame with infinitely scaling damage abilities and if that additional damage is set right he will never get too powerful or too weak.

I do think that Nidus is a very good frame but maybe too OP? He starts of quite good and fun to play, but when his mutation gets around 60+ he is killing level 60-80 heavy gunners in 1 or 2 shots. I think this is quite over powered. My solution is to make the mutation stacks give a little bit less damage so it is fun for the player to play, instead of just not having a sense of danger and knowing they will just kill everything.

5 hours ago, toningseeker12 said:

I do think that Nidus is a very good frame but maybe too OP? He starts of quite good and fun to play, but when his mutation gets around 60+ he is killing level 60-80 heavy gunners in 1 or 2 shots. I think this is quite over powered. My solution is to make the mutation stacks give a little bit less damage so it is fun for the player to play, instead of just not having a sense of danger and knowing they will just kill everything.

To do that you must have cast that more or less 60*5 = 300 times. I mean, err...

I believe the issue here is that unless a Napalm appears anyone hardly notices the difference.

5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

To do that you must have cast that more or less 60*5 = 300 times. I mean, err...

I believe the issue here is that unless a Napalm appears anyone hardly notices the difference.

No not necessarily his 4 adds mutation stacks and his 2 can grab quite a lot of people, then you use 1, which in return gives you a lot more mutation stacks

14 hours ago, EpicBred said:

A lot of people seem to complain about his scaling, that his damage becomes overpowered very fast. So I would just say the additional damage per stack should be lower, but the stack cap removed. He would finally be a frame with infinitely scaling damage abilities and if that additional damage is set right he will never get too powerful or too weak.

I think the problem with this is that he'd be forced to spam his 1 even more than he already has to. To be honest, that's my biggest problem with him; if you aren't building stacks, you aren't improving, so you'll only want to do what builds stacks. Sure, once you're at max stacks you'll only need a pick me up Virulence (delicious!) after your 3 or 4, but before then NIdus needs to grind those stacks.

Personally, I don't care much for the stacks effecting his damage and tanking stats; I'd prefer if we just got his maxed out potential out of the gate, and then stacks could do something interesting like give extra benefits to his skills like a wider range Virulence or what have you. That way he still maintains the idea of improving per stacks, but he isn't having to spam Virulence to keep up with harder enemies. But either way, I think giving him a hit whenever he killed (or assisted) an enemy with his weapons would help alleviate this, though obviously this may cause balance issues.

I actually dont have the frame, but from what Ive seen his 1 is his main damaging ability. So when it gets difficult and you face higher level enemies, dont you actually spam 1 even more?

If he would be as strong as with 100 stacks from the beginning, he would be way overpowered. I think its still good that his armor and damage scale with stacks, there should only be another way of building those up. And the cap removed of course. I actually dont think that Id personally have a problem with spamming 1. Or do you just feel like spamming the 1 butten isnt very comfortable? 

tbh i think every frame should get a similiar scaling like Nidus. 

Then many Warframe would get more useful. Especially these singel-target abilities or everything not "4" button-ish. Because most of them are plain useless in high level content, which is kinda sad. 

i hope DE will consider rescaling the abilities. i really would like to use more different frames in high level content and actually do damage or be useful.

Great execution on Nidus, DE. The mechanics and synergistics between abilities, passives and stat buffs with rank, all well done. Add the same thoroughness and uniqueness in design to future frames as you did with Nidus, and I think things will be looking pretty good.

Nidus - Survivor frame

I realise that many frames have a theme, Nekros - Necromancer, Ash - Assassin, Mirage - Jester/Trickster, Mesa - Gunslinger, Valkyr - Beserker, the soon to be Musician Frame, and now the Infested frame - Nidus. 

Now as much as I understand this frame is the choice DE made to be the infested frame, after playing with this frame, I have become more incline to say, this frame is more of a Survivor frame, and some abilities could have been better involved with other frames.

Just disclosing this, I view the infested frame as both a frame that should be able to manipulate it's own body into becoming a weapon, and I do mean this by physical morphing, and I believe this is possible because of the high infested flesh that this frame clearly possesses, and the nature of infested, the potential to infect other enemies and mutate them much like an infested, and anything that involves the frame's body in a physical sense, the mutation stacks are a wonderful addition to substitute energy use as well, much how this frame should be.

Alright, now with this frame, I see it as more of a Survivor frame, mostly due to it's playstyle and how it was set up, plus some abilities that would have been of better use to other frames.

For starters the an easy one that establishes this frame as Survivor frame, is the health regeneration, Nidus has a constant rate of health restoration, healing and managing his health clearly

Nidus's 1st ability that builds is power, this is largely a damage builder, leeching energy from the enemies it hits, now I do agree with the infesting nature of it, however no lasting effects after, suggests this ability is more of a devour move, that it damages health as it devours their energy and physical mass to increase the mutation stacks. While visually it is infested, it is a very beast like attack, feeding himself, rather than infecting, growing your infection, and gaining form it.

2nd ability Larva (which I absolutely love no doubt about that) seems very trap like for a survivor, like setting a net trap, so your enemies get captured in it, becoming helpless. I merely associate this ability to the Survivor title for the frame, however still enjoy the tendril nature of this ability, and think that this game lacks the tendrils around maps, making a creepier vibe.

3rd ability, Parasitic Link, seems like an ability that would be better as a passive infection as a replacement, or rather a infection that makes enemies into your own personal protection, or rather ditch the whole protection and go for reconstituting the enemy into a weapon, using their own biological mass, only leaving behind what you can't use, or choose not to (Infested flesh is a technovirus from what I recall, and they can infect technology, so it stands, if you take a grineer, you leave behind the metal, however you take a corpus, and you take all the technological parts). A frame I see this ability more attune for is Oberon, seeing him as the Paladin frame, with the goal of Purification of the infested, and the protection of fellow warrior (i.e. Tenno, allies)

4th ability, which I find useful, however out of place, Ravenous. Ravenous seems more of an ability that should've been with another frame, however it does fill me with glee that I can infect the map, making my own tendrils around the map and etc, however I see this ability of making, pretty much a king of the hill land for yourself, is more of an Oberon or Titania ability, where you create a land that destroys your enemies, and brings life to your allies (as well as consoles, friendly syndicates, pretty much any ally), so as a frame, that controls a infestation, I do not see how this frame could tell a biological virus to kill itself when time runs out, not choosing to kill more, use their bodies to feed itself, and continue to further grow its infestation and feast. One other thing, is creating your own baby maggots is adorable, and cannot fault them for that, summoner abilities are so much fun.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, subjective as it is, they put many fun abilities together, and created a self-healing, growing, and alittle bit of feasting frame that in my opinion is more of a Survivor frame, rather than a infestation controlling one, that grows and uses enemies to feed itself and weaponize itself, in a literal physical and weaponry sense, however I do see the compromise of the mutation and self-healing ability.

Anyone else for an opinion?

I love using him and wouldn't change anything in his kit. I wouldn't recommend him getting stacks easier than he already does because he's pretty much made for fighting very large amount of enemies for a long duration so thats his niche and getting stacks isn't an issue for him.

Edited by Proxy345