Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing the "Good/Evil" indicator in quest choices

DeathshotSE

I am suggesting removing the "Good/Evil" indicator in quests like The War Within and The Glast Gambit. Personally, I think it would be better to discover what kind of person you are rather than choose what kind of person you are. Right now, you can see whether the choices are good, evil, or neutral before choosing them. This allows you to choose which side you want to be on rather than decide what action to take. For me, I've been making choices based on the good/evil alignment rather than the actual choices themselves.

The UI in the profile will still remain to let you know what kind of person you after making the choices in the quest, but the UI for the choices during the quest should be removed. The options will also need to be shuffled around so there isn't an obvious pattern of 1 = Good, 2 = Evil, 3 = Neutral.

Anyone else share the same opinion? Discover who you are rather than choose who you are.

The concept that you present is not bad, but 95% of the community will be in the neutral path to some degree.

IMO I preffer the way it is atm, I want to bee 100% moon path to see where it leads (but thx to the last quest..)

YoGI3v5.png Hope DE fix this

I can see the merit in doing this, but I'm sure other people will argue that removing the ability to precisely choose your alignment would adversely affect their ability to utilize the School/Focus perks of their choice, and whatever else ends up getting tied to this alignment.

On the one hand it would make the choices more interesting for a select few, such as myself, but - since gameplay perks are going to be tied into this - it really would just lead most to look things up in Wikis... and then we'd have people whining to have them put back, all so that they don't have to read spoilers just to protect their build. Ultimately it won't work so long as perks are tied into the system.

43 minutes ago, DeathshotSE said:

Anyone else share the same opinion? Discover who you are rather than choose who you are.

Right now all we are doing is making choices and seeing a pretty picture as a result.  We have yet to be informed what said path leads to.  Let's just wait and see what it is actually for before we demand they remove something they've clearly designed with an ultimate goal in mind.

Or not, whatever.

On 12/25/2016 at 4:51 PM, Wolfglaive said:

I can see the merit in doing this, but I'm sure other people will argue that removing the ability to precisely choose your alignment would adversely affect their ability to utilize the School/Focus perks of their choice, and whatever else ends up getting tied to this alignment.

You are right. I did not consider how these decisions will affect possible gameplay elements that tie into which alignment you choose.

Thankfully, it isn't just good/neutral/evil. In our special psychologically mangled case, it's Reject/Control/Embrace what we are. With Margulis' mental "streamlining" breaking down, for the first time, our Operators are starting to look at themselves and ponder. Though their ponderings are still limited due to their education and experiences, tis a start.

Edited by Unus