Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

akbronco prime vs akbronco vs twin kohmak

zoobmer

Question

I've recently gotten an akbronco prime set, and I'm going to build it. I'm also planning on building the regular akbronco, as well as farming and building the twin kohmak.

I want people's opinion on which one is most worth it

• is the akbronco prime an upgrade to the akbronco, or a side grade?
  • what build should I use?
  • which one, if any, is worth potatoing and getting a riven mod for?
  • what makes you pick one over another?

4 answers to this question

Twin Kohmak

Akbronco Prime

Bronco Prime

As it seems both the Akbronco Prime and Bronco Prime has 5-6x the (burst) damage of Twin Kohmah and even sustained damage is twice as much for the Bronco family.

However by personal experience I can say the Bronco family spreads like sneezing. You won't be hitting enemies +15m away from you with them.

Out of these 3 if I had to choose my choice would be Akbronco Prime. This has the greatest burst damage and has some Slash damage too while Bronco Prime has very low slash and only focused on Impact.

Edited by Doxorn

... honestly if u have no riven yet just stay away from this weapons  they are all one way or another lacking either crit or status or fast reloading ...

... although the AKBronco can with only 2 forma reach 100 Status with dual elemental Combo

out of curiosity :

... I put in the slash mod Maim to turn the Impact base damage into a Slash one

... so now I have a dual elemental 100 Status weapon proccing Slash on a regular basis but with only 6 Magazine capacity and 2.3 reload

... after they went through PBR Treatment, they do look very nice though and are rather rarely seen on the battlefield which in my book are positives

now onto the twin Kohmak yeah the twin Kohmak ...

... well evrybody was hoping for double sidearms rivaling the original pre nerf Kohm .. but far from that did they emerge from their cocoon

... not only come they without any polarity whatsoever ... they dont have the required base Status nor do they have sufficient sustain damage to hold a candle to the Kohm

... coming with a base status of 10 you have still no other choice then to build for status coz the crit values are even worse

... this lets you in the best case Scenario with an 68.8% Status on a 2 second reload far from hard hitting weapon

... on top of that because the IPS damage spread is too close too each other you can never say which status effect is gonna proc or not which is sup optimal too

... well honestly I dont like em and I dont recommend them but suit yourself

I will not lose a single word about the Bronco Prime ... I simply do not dare

... there you go ...

2 hours ago, warramssie-EGT- said:

I put in the slash mod Maim to turn the Impact base damage into a Slash one

That's not how IPS damage Mods work, sadly,
Maim only increases the base Slash damage which isn't really a large (enough) percentage on the Bronco series.

2 hours ago, warramssie-EGT- said:

the AKBronco can with only 2 forma reach 100 Status

That'd definitely be the main reason for me to use Akbronco Prime,
turning it into a Corrosive + Blast / Viral + Radiation / Magnetic + Gas (also Impact stagger) proc machine
with 4x dual stats (and maybe Seeker, or a sweet +Multishot / damage Riven).

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

That's not how IPS damage Mods work, sadly,
Maim only increases the base Slash damage which isn't really a large (enough) percentage on the Bronco series.

That'd definitely be the main reason for me to use Akbronco Prime,
turning it into a Corrosive + Blast / Viral + Radiation / Magnetic + Gas (also Impact stagger) proc machine
with 4x dual stats (and maybe Seeker, or a sweet +Multishot / damage Riven).

... you are right Maim will not amp the damage over time bleed proc of slash ... only base damage mods will do that ...nevertheless it will help you to proc slash more often then before ... which was my Point...