Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper loadout and Warframe synergies?

Gameverseman

Question

Hey all,

So I recently acquired and crafted both the Lex Prime and Vectis Prime. Seeing how they both shine best at ranged combat and are both crit based I was wondering what frames would have the best synergy with this particular loadout in that it would be solely based around long-medium range combat. I was thinking either Loki, Volt,, or Mesa. What are your thoughts?

Please note this doesn't have to be stealth centric.

Thanks Tenno

8 answers to this question

Those are fine choices, though I'll add a Resonance Banshee into the mix, crit spot overload = yay and stuff.

(BTW, I like my guns to complement each other, if e.g. one is a sniper-y type
then the other having AoE and / or full auto pwnage works out really well in my experience.)

i don't see Loki having any synergy. but Volt or Mesa would do nicely.
Ivara would work pretty nicely as well, since Prowl has a Headshot Multiplier.

Banshee is a classic. Mag can significantly increase Damage though not really a precision themed Warframe. Booben can setup easy Precision Shots, Rhino has a Damage increase which can be considered useful for Precision.
for the time being, Limbo is useful for this style, of putting an Enemy in Rift, and using Rift Surge to increase Damage a bit.

I've used snipers on all frames because I don't really see any frame being able to use it better than the other. Including the Lex too which I use mostly from mid-close range but that's just me. If I were to pick frames Volt would work really any frame that is able to CC enemies would work like Nova as well since you can slow them down a lot to be able to aim for headshots with added damage multipliers from MP. But I'd say just use the frames you're most comfortable because it'd probably make it easier to use those weapons.

Frost, because he's just awesome in general \o/

But really, you don't need damage amplification at any sensible level, sniper rifles already do absurdly high damage if you're shooting enemies in the head. Where sniper rifles need help is keeping you safe while you meticulously erase one enemy at a time.

So what I'm understanding from all of you is that I can either run with a frame that will boost my damage (Ivara, Mesa, etc etc) but won't make getting headshots easier OR I can go with a frame that doesn't buff my damage but makes getting headaches easier (Vauban, Nova, etc etc). Am I understanding correctly?

5 hours ago, Gameverseman said:

boost my damage (Ivara, Mesa, etc etc) but won't make getting headshots easier

Ivara has Sleep Arrow and FWIW, Mesa has Shatter Shield's lasso thing to immobilize nearby enemies.

5 hours ago, Gameverseman said:

doesn't buff my damage [...] Nova

does not compute

Frost - yay Efficiency & Range build - also in a way helps with damage, in that Avalanche strips (some) Armor
in addition to turning a large area into an immobile shooting gallery.

How 'bout Mag? Magnetize + aim at the top of the bubble = automatic, significantly boosted headshots on immobilized enemies.

Rhino with Roar + Stomp should also work decently (might make headshots a bit iffy, not sure).

Volt can stun enemies and then shoot through Electric Shield for additional (Electricity and) crit damage.

Edited by NinjaZeku

11 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Ivara has Sleep Arrow and FWIW, Mesa has Shatter Shield's lasso thing to immobilize nearby enemies.

does not compute

Frost - yay Efficiency & Range build - also in a way helps with damage, in that Avalanche strips (some) Armor
in addition to turning a large area into an immobile shooting gallery.

How 'bout Mag? Magnetize + aim at the top of the bubble = automatic, significantly boosted headshots on immobilized enemies.

Rhino with Roar + Stomp should also work decently (might make headshots a bit iffy, not sure).

Volt can stun enemies and then shoot through Electric Shield for additional (Electricity and) crit damage.

Well I'm new ehen it comes to Nova (just crafted her prime version yesterday) and was only aware of here 4th ability slowing enemies down. I was, however, not aware that all damage dealt to the affected enemies are doubled.  My (noobish) mistake. That being said I think I'm going to [ing pong between Nova and Volt and see which I like more.