Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Figured it was too long of a story to just have out and about on the thread. This is a short story I wrote on a whim to enter a contest. Thought it might fit well here.

Excellent! Hope you won the contest with this too. It definitely fits here, and is awesome.

You worked in my character! All of my +1s.

It was a good story. I think he deserved a bit longer of an ending, so that others new of what he did...So i wrote it in for some closure. (Not that you didnt end it well, you certainly did, I just wanted more)

Most disturbing of these is a Report from a Banshee, Hunter Class III, One of the most feared Tenno to ever exist. "Kalenath" Told very calmly of watching a Vauban and a Nova be Torn limb from limb by a strange Tenno like being. Kalenath had never shown emotion in 172 years of Tenno service, But the lotus saw the paling complexion and heard the quickened breathing as the deadly Banshee explained how this figure, seemingly made of bleeding smoke, appeared suddenly, and in a matter of seconds turned the Nova, then the Vauban, into sparking bits of Warframe and Tenno parts on the floor. This filled the Lotus with a deep cold dread. Nova and Vauban are two of the best Frame designs at her disposal, and the Tenno inside them were seasoned veterans of combat.  If something out there had been capable of such an act, What more could it do?

Shaking her head and regaining her regal composure, the Lotus sent out a Warning alert to all Tenno within range of the home Dojo, telling of this dark figure and its potential for death and destruction. She only hoped it wasn't too late.

I hope you dont mind me using you in this one Kalenath...It just seemed to fit.

Hey...

She is NOT a psychopath. She just acts like one. Don't get on her bad side...

Hey...

She is NOT a psychopath. She just acts like one. Don't get on her bad side...

Don't plan to. I was just using her "Inhumanly Tough" character trait to make the Stalker stuff sound more scary. If its enough to scare HER....Its gotta be serious S#&$. :)

The only problem with this idea is, my Loki died. I'll forever be known as the "Loki-who-was-really-cool-but-died."

Perhaps I can make another story featuring another Warframe?

Go for it. Or ..... He could be found later on, Desuited, in a Rescue mission ;)

The only problem with this idea is, my Loki died. I'll forever be known as the "Loki-who-was-really-cool-but-died."

Perhaps I can make another story featuring another Warframe?

Go for it. Or ..... He could be found later on, Desuited, in a Rescue mission ;)

The rescue mission sounds cool, but either way is great. If you're invested into your Loki then see if anyone is willing to write about them rescuing you, or do another warframe ^^

Part of this is inspired by in game events. I slash dashed through a line of Grineer testing out my Excalibur Prime, coming to a stop right in front of the last one. For a moment I didn't think I got him, then he fell in half. Easily in my top 5 coolest game moments. :)

gotta admit that was pretty awsome

"Would you care to run that by me again, private? He stole what?"

"A... a deep fat fryer, sir. From the kitchen. We believe it was a Loki unit, sir."

The Grineer captain felt a migraine coming on. "How?" He demanded. " And why?"

"We have no idea, sir. Also our entire shipment of potatoes has gone missing."

"What!? All our reactors are gone?" The captain panicked. Captain Vor would have his head for this!

"No sir, the reactors and catalysts are fine." The marine tried to soothe his superior. "He stole actual potatoes."

"...He slaughtered half our troops for potatoes?"

"I'm as confused as you are, sir..."

Loki chuckled as he sliced his ill gotten produce. He had found an Old Earth recipe that had sounded too good to pass up. Something called potato chips...

I like to think of my Loki as an unrepentant and slightly sadistic prankster who loves messing with friend and foe alike. He also gets everything he owns from the Grineer and Corpus he robs, occasionally going on entire missions just to confuse the hell out of his enemies. I also had the idea for this while eating a bowl of chips. Also, I got really lucky farming for him. Helmet, chassis, systems, one after the other. The RNG was smiling on me that day. :)

As a Loki veteran, I approve of this description of Loki.

I like to think of my Loki as an unrepentant and slightly sadistic prankster who loves messing with friend and foe alike. He also gets everything he owns from the Grineer and Corpus he robs, occasionally going on entire missions just to confuse the hell out of his enemies. I also had the idea for this while eating a bowl of chips. Also, I got really lucky farming for him. Helmet, chassis, systems, one after the other. The RNG was smiling on me that day. :)

Excellent story, and perfect description. Great job as always Frosty!

HAHAHAHA

Just read through this thread start to finish and loving it. The potato chips though...

I'm no writer, but this has inspired me to take a stab at it, so i'll probably post something within a few days. Keep it up guys!

This isn't a story, but... Does anyone else think that Vauban doesn't look like a real Tenno? His suit is much more technological and to me it seems like he would be more like a renegade Corpus genius who made himself a very powerfull suit and joined the Tenno. His suit just looks so much different. Just my opinion.

So... apparently Loki units are driven insane by potato chips. Good to know. I was planning to leave it up to the reader as to how exactly his plan backfires, but I like your idea better. Also, I really gotta think up a name for him if he's going to be a recurring character. Any ideas? I'm terrible at names, I usually just take the names of video game figures I like.