The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idle animations for melee weapons

KopfJaeger

With idle animations for all categories of primary and secondary weapons, melee weapons seem a bit boring with their static poses that are the same no matter what animation set you're using. When I equipped the javlok on various frames, I saw that the new idle animations (some of which are very cool, Nidus noble for example) could also be applied to polearms and staves, which made me realise that we should have idle animations for melee weapons.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for having different idles by warframe animation set--that's a hell of a lot of work, with ~20 different types of melee weapons and 30 or so warframes--but, as DE says, never say never.

What might be more doable though (and, to me at least, equally cool) is to have different idle animations for each stance. Still a lot of work--by my count there's about 45 stances in the game, not including special weapons like Exalted Blade and Hysteria--but more manageable than tying it to warframe animation sets, and ultimately it'd achieve the same goal of making melee idles a little more varied and flavorful.

24 minutes ago, Jbob98 said:

It took forever just for the animations to get made for javlok which is why it took so long to be released.

And a few of them are still incomplete. Ash still didn't have one. So yea, melee have its own animation for this very reason.

But my Mios chain swing is gone. :sadcry: