Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good build using both Capacitance and Shocking speed aug

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Question

7 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I don't have any particular playstyle in mind but what's a good build with both of these augments 

If you don't have a playstyle in mind then you can't make a build for it lol. 

It all depends on what you want out of it, and I can't think of a situation where you would ever want both of those anyways.

Why both? They rather contrast with each other. Speed is good with high power and duration. Discharge is better with maximum range and low power. If you really want both of them, build for range, negative power and as much duration as possible without Narrow Minded. Low movement speed buff compensate with melee weapon with Dispatch Overdrive. CC with Discharge, channel kill nearest enemy then activate Speed and shock enemies on your way.

Edited by RobWasHere

Well, I don't have a build for both augments, but let's go stat by stat:

-Duration should be the main stat. Longer Speed, more Electric Shield time and more time of Overload giving you and your teammates shields while doing good CC. Continuity (or Primed Continuity) is a must. Also consider Constitution.

-Power Strenght will benefit Speed's buffs (movement, melee atk speed and reload speed) and how much overshield Capacitance adds (also damage, but that already scales with enemy hp and i think the CC aspect is more important). Oh, and you have the benefits of extra damage for Electric Shield too.

-Of course you should add Vitality. If you feel like you need it, you can add Redirection and stack tons with overshield, but i don't think it's necesary. You'll have good hp and good shields with capacitance already. your choice here.

Now, here comes the preferences:

*Energy Siphon:
If you don't mind having to add Forma, you could swap that Madurai Polarity for a Naramon. This might help with energy costs, helping you recharge a bit of energy while running with Speed to cast the next Speed. Also, it will come in handy if you're planning to bring Volt into a Raid.

*Rush:
This exilus mod will make Volt's speed increase greatly while using... well, Speed! for me, it's a must use, but you can replace it with any Drift you'd like. I don't recommend Bullet Jump mods tho, you'll be always faster with Speed (also, you won't be charging your passive)

*Stretch:
it will increase the number of targets of your ult, and, the range your teammates will recieve overshields (you'll recieve overshields regardless of distance to the affected enemies) Your ult has 20m at max level and must be good enough. But if you feel like CC-ing an entire room and always apply speed on your allies, this could be a good choice.

*Natural Talent:
Might help on getting Overload casted faster, in case you find difficult to survive while doing so. You can skip this one if you are fast enough to set up Electric Shields or position yourself correctly.

*Fleeting Expertise:
Good to cast more frecuently, but bad for your duration. If you plan on using this, you'll probably need Primed Continuity maxed and Constitution together and still, you might feel that less than 20s of Speed leads to constant and annoying recasts. But, in the other hand, Overload will be super cheap to cast and you could almost spam it all day. Your choice here.

*Narrow Minded/Transient Fortitude/Overextended:
Now, using one of these mods might benefit greatly on skill while hindering the other one: Narrow Minded will make Speed last a ton of time, but Overload won't affect as many enemies. Transient Fortitude will make you run faster than any blue hedgehog, but will kill three of your skills duration, and Overextended wil guarantee you'll CC large rooms with your ult while making you run barely faster than before.

(With corrupted mods, i'd suggest using a non-maxed Narrow minded that you can compensate with maxed Stretch and leave range at 100%)

*Primed Flow
This might come in handy depending if you have a way to charge your energy up. If you're playing with Volt Prime, he'll probably won't need it. If you're using Volt, then perhaps you might find it useful.

Here's a "vainilla" Volt build using both Augments:

Spoiler

HmSXpmV.jpg

Spoiler

eBNaVS9.jpg

BTW, Ignore my polarities, those come from three years of playing Volt and some changes i had to do with the rework and etcs. If you don't have primed continuity you can still have good duration with normal continuity. Still, you can do some adjustments to your liking with more str, more duration or more range.

Edited by Arandabido

44 minutes ago, Arandabido said:

Well, I don't have a build for both augments, but let's go stat by stat:

-Duration should be the main stat. Longer Speed, more Electric Shield time and more time of Overload giving you and your teammates shields while doing good CC. Continuity (or Primed Continuity) is a must. Also consider Constitution.

-Power Strenght will benefit Speed's buffs (movement, melee atk speed and reload speed) and how much overshield Capacitance adds (also damage, but that already scales with enemy hp and i think the CC aspect is more important). Oh, and you have the benefits of extra damage for Electric Shield too.

-Of course you should add Vitality. If you feel like you need it, you can add Redirection and stack tons with overshield, but i don't think it's necesary. You'll have good hp and good shields with capacitance already. your choice here.

Now, here comes the preferences:

*Energy Siphon:
If you don't mind having to add Forma, you could swap that Madurai Polarity for a Naramon. This might help with energy costs, helping you recharge a bit of energy while running with Speed to cast the next Speed. Also, it will come in handy if you're planning to bring Volt into a Raid.

*Rush:
This exilus mod will make Volt's speed increase greatly while using... well, Speed! for me, it's a must use, but you can replace it with any Drift you'd like. I don't recommend Bullet Jump mods tho, you'll be always faster with Speed (also, you won't be charging your passive)

*Stretch:
it will increase the number of targets of your ult, and, the range your teammates will recieve overshields (you'll recieve overshields regardless of distance to the affected enemies) Your ult has 20m at max level and must be good enough. But if you feel like CC-ing an entire room and always apply speed on your allies, this could be a good choice.

*Natural Talent:
Might help on getting Overload casted faster, in case you find difficult to survive while doing so. You can skip this one if you are fast enough to set up Electric Shields or position yourself correctly.

*Fleeting Expertise:
Good to cast more frecuently, but bad for your duration. If you plan on using this, you'll probably need Primed Continuity maxed and Constitution together and still, you might feel that less than 20s of Speed leads to constant and annoying recasts. But, in the other hand, Overload will be super cheap to cast and you could almost spam it all day. Your choice here.

*Narrow Minded/Transient Fortitude/Overextended:
Now, using one of these mods might benefit greatly on skill while hindering the other one: Narrow Minded will make Speed last a ton of time, but Overload won't affect as many enemies. Transient Fortitude will make you run faster than any blue hedgehog, but will kill three of your skills duration, and Overextended wil guarantee you'll CC large rooms with your ult while making you run barely faster than before.

(With corrupted mods, i'd suggest using a non-maxed Narrow minded that you can compensate with maxed Stretch and leave range at 100%)

*Primed Flow
This might come in handy depending if you have a way to charge your energy up. If you're playing with Volt Prime, he'll probably won't need it. If you're using Volt, then perhaps you might find it useful.

Here's a "vainilla" Volt build using both Augments:

Hide contents

HmSXpmV.jpg

Hide contents

eBNaVS9.jpg

BTW, Ignore my polarities, those come from three years of playing Volt and some changes i had to do with the rework and etcs. If you don't have primed continuity you can still have good duration with normal continuity. Still, you can do some adjustments to your liking with more str, more duration or more range.

wow thanks

The build I'm running right now was a S#&$s and giggles, but I like it and might try it on a sortie tomorrow. I'm running:

Aura: Energy Syphon 

Exilus: Power Drift

Primed Continuity 

Intensify 

Streamline

Vitality

Quick Thinking

Constitution 

Shocking Speed

Capacitance

Honestly it's a goofy build that most might look down on, but I'm having fun with it. It doesn't go negative, has survivability, and to me is well balanced between my two favorite abilities. I feel I am able to help my team out and dish out enough damage so I'm carrying my weight. 

I can see one situation where you would want to use both augments: you want to go fast and CC enemier further away with discharge.

In this case add the two auments and keep power strenght and range in the positives. since you are using shocking speed, I assume you are moving from one place to the other very fast so you dont need neither narrow minded or overxtended ( you will be in a totally different place using speed so you can just recast discharge)