Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10mins survival too boring for invasion alerts to repeat 3 times

Emeryst

Just finish 3 X 10mins survival to acquire the battle pay for an invasion alert and I was really burnt out.

I know it used to be 5 times to get battle pay for Corpus VS Grineer invasion and now it is only 3 times like the infested invasions. But why are some missions like Spy and Sabotage shortened (only one data vault or one fuel cell) in invasion alerts while survival is a lengthy 10 full minutes? 

Hopefully survival can be shortened to only 5mins to be comparable to faster missions like capture or extermination that can be done in 2-3 mins if you know the tile set well.

They rotate every 15 minutes, you can be in time for 2 survivals, but after that they should change for another type.

As for making them shorter - it would also make them extremly easy (like they aren't easy as is).

Edited by Suncake

Just now, Suncake said:

They rotate every 15 minutes, you can be in time for 2 survivals, but after that they should change for another type.

As for making them shorter - it would also make them extremly easy (like they aren't easy as is).

5 Minute survival being easy would depend on how they program enemy spawns and levels for survival invasions. DE has shortened or changed defense missions in the past and kept the same difficulty by having enemies levels scale faster and/or increasing spawn rate.  This means that DE could totally shorten the mission length  and maintain difficulty. Defense alerts used to be 20 waves now they are 10 with faster scaling and spawning. 

On 12/28/2016 at 3:27 PM, Suncake said:

is this true? because I took short 3-5 mins breaks between the 10 mins mission so the entire process took more than 40 mins and the mission type was always survival.

1 hour ago, Emeryst said:

is this true? because I took short 3-5 mins breaks between the 10 mins mission so the entire process took more than 40 mins and the mission type was always survival.

No, it isn't, now I experienced it too. However, I remember DE saying that the invasion mission type should cycle every 15 minutes.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2016‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎29‎일 at 8:23 PM, Suncake said:

No, it isn't, now I experienced it too. However, I remember DE saying that the invasion mission type should cycle every 15 minutes.

You are right. DE said "The mission type at a particular Invasion node will change every 15 minutes." when they released Update 19.

But we need to remember this, "at a particular Invasion node". The mission type will not always change.