Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banned for double prime vault purchase

Stoogeh

Question

Hello Players, 

I have a question if anyone has had a similar problem to me.

Last night 28/12/16 I was looking at the new price access packs and found it irresistible to not buy the paralysis pack, I also purchased the Prime vault "fire" pack which had Ember prime in it *heard she was good, So why not*. Now all was fine and dandy, went and played a bit of warframe diod like 5 missions, Bought a few things with the platinum I received like buy a potato etc. But there was a looming problem I didn't notice 

w9o5Zlt96rREjcBSY9vudJBmN?token=eyJhbGci

A payment has gone through twice on the prime vault access, And since you can only get the package once. I didn't get any extra platinum or a second prime valkyr or anything. The payment simply went through twice and subtracted double out of my account. now I received  2625 PLAT From the prime vault and 40 from the prime vault fire package. Which equated to about 3025 PLAT. 

I contacted DE and paypal, Submitted a refund on the second purchase, But I got a message from DE saying this.

Hello Stoogeh,

Thank you for contacting us! We have initiated a refund for you on this purchase. Please do not use any of the items or spend any of the Platinum from this order as they will be removed as soon as the refund is processed.

Please also note that refunds can take up to 5 days before the funds are fully credited to your account, this solely depends on your financial institution and the payment method you have used.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Warframe!

Obviously I had only received one set of the platinum and trust me, If I had received 5000 Platinum I would not have spent 2500 Platinum on one night, DE can check my trades and purchases on the store. I spent roughly about 290 Plat on random things some leg accessories, A glyph/icon, And a color pallet.

But guess what happened! 

cc680685a07f2aaf757947e29f2f97ff.png

I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them and if De fixed the problem?

Yours truly Stoogeh!

22 answers to this question

Looks like you might need to re-contact support if you haven't already, with details of the platinum costs of the items you purchased as well as the amount of platinum that you should actually have had after the one transaction was rescinded, and this screenshot. I hope your issue gets resolved.

All you can do is reply to the current ticket with this update to your situation including all the images and evidence.

I wonder if support had to refund all the recent purchases, not just one of them, and by you spending even 290 platinum caused you to go into negative platinum when they refunded you.

Making another ticket will likely delay support response.

3 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

Looks like you might need to re-contact support if you haven't already, with details of the platinum costs of the items you purchased as well as the amount of platinum that you should actually have had after the one transaction was rescinded, and this screenshot. I hope your issue gets resolved.

That is the thing though, When I submitted my ticket I gave them emails of both purchases and the screenshot you see there Without the "refunded" part. But they still missed the fact that it was a double payment and subtracted How ever much Plat they did and "restricted" my account, Which is a soft ban basically

As I know all I have to do is spend more money to have my account re opened.

To me it seems either two things.

A cashgrab.

Or a fault that they didn't pay attention to "ANY INFORMATION SUPPLIED" and just revoked whatever they wanted to. 

Hope its the second option, But I will have to wait roughly 5 hours to get a reply.

1 minute ago, NovusNova said:

All you can do is reply to the current ticket with this update to your situation including all the images and evidence.

I wonder if support had to refund all the recent purchases, not just one of them, and by you spending even 290 platinum caused you to go into negative platinum when they refunded you.

Making another ticket will likely delay support response.

Yes

I've done work with the "ticket" system. I am aware that Making another ticket will slow the process. So I replied with a message and "more" proof.

If I had received the pack twice I would have close to 5650 Plat.

Just now, Sarattas said:

Title is misleading. You've been banned for refund, not for double purchase and it's perfectly normal. Just contact support again and wait for answer, we can't help you. Good luck!

Sorry, I Suppose I did word it badly. 

My condolences. 

11 minutes ago, Stoogeh said:

That is the thing though, When I submitted my ticket I gave them emails of both purchases and the screenshot you see there Without the "refunded" part. But they still missed the fact that it was a double payment and subtracted How ever much Plat they did and "restricted" my account, Which is a soft ban basically

As I know all I have to do is spend more money to have my account re opened.

To me it seems either two things.

A cashgrab.

Or a fault that they didn't pay attention to "ANY INFORMATION SUPPLIED" and just revoked whatever they wanted to. 

Hope its the second option, But I will have to wait roughly 5 hours to get a reply.

"roughly 5 hours"

Feel lucky, man. 
I've been waiting 8 days simply for a lighting problem with my clan's emblem..    

DE support is god awful.

So it will take them multiple days probably to even respond, all the while your account is locked out. They for whatever reason will fail to see that they didn't actually give you double the plat, probably due to your only suppose to get the vault pack once on your account as the plat in it is discounted, but they won't see this. When they refunded the one purchase they just reduced it by everything the pack offered, so in this case the plat that you only received once, hence why your account went into the negative.

The worst part of all of this is that they will make it sound like they are doing you the favor and you better not do this again (trying to get discounted plat through a pack) or else, then they will not give you any compensation for the time your locked out, as well void trader is here tomorrow which I doubt this will be completed by, and most likely you won't be able to access him while waiting. They will also not compensate you for this.

I speak from similar experience and as much as I love WF, their support has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

15 minutes ago, Darkholde said:

DE support is god awful.

So it will take them multiple days probably to even respond, all the while your account is locked out. They for whatever reason will fail to see that they didn't actually give you double the plat, probably due to your only suppose to get the vault pack once on your account as the plat in it is discounted, but they won't see this. When they refunded the one purchase they just reduced it by everything the pack offered, so in this case the plat that you only received once, hence why your account went into the negative.

The worst part of all of this is that they will make it sound like they are doing you the favor and you better not do this again (trying to get discounted plat through a pack) or else, then they will not give you any compensation for the time your locked out, as well void trader is here tomorrow which I doubt this will be completed by, and most likely you won't be able to access him while waiting. They will also not compensate you for this.

I speak from similar experience and as much as I love WF, their support has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I feel they are not as bad as some people put them out to be, However I wish they paid more attention to tickets that are provided to them.
Like you said I am going to miss the void trader. 

10 minutes ago, Stoogeh said:

I feel they are not as bad as some people put them out to be, However I wish they paid more attention to tickets that are provided to them.
Like you said I am going to miss the void trader. 

I don't know, as i imagine some would hyperbole their bad experience, but then I've seen many friends in game and out get consistently bad support. You would be amazed at how much support "threatens" it's playerbase. So clan leader running old Draco got a farming threat, not a warning because if you read what they say, they made him feel like a pos and that he was standing on the edge of perma ban, all for what? Playing the game casually, and he was never flagged as AFK as he received all of his rewards.But the just reading the threat coming from support was upsetting to say the least.

So you bought the prime Paralysis pack for $88 and the Fire Pack for $45 and they charged you twice for the paralysis pack despite only giving you one of them. Then they state that you only bought one. Your bank's refund system is also weird. Why is it still a -88 on the top one? I would recommend contacting your bank and ensuring the details are correct and that you have been charged twice. It may have been that the initial refund process takes 5-7 business days like normal refunds. If possible, get a written statement by one of the bankers there. Submit a copy to DE if the bank says you got charged twice for the same transaction (my transactions each have a separate ID for my bank). If they still refuse a refund despite there being two actual charges for the same product, there's a final solution you can do, but it won't end pretty (but you'll get that $88 back back).

14 hours ago, Dergas said:

So you bought the prime Paralysis pack for $88 and the Fire Pack for $45 and they charged you twice for the paralysis pack despite only giving you one of them. Then they state that you only bought one. Your bank's refund system is also weird. Why is it still a -88 on the top one? I would recommend contacting your bank and ensuring the details are correct and that you have been charged twice. It may have been that the initial refund process takes 5-7 business days like normal refunds. If possible, get a written statement by one of the bankers there. Submit a copy to DE if the bank says you got charged twice for the same transaction (my transactions each have a separate ID for my bank). If they still refuse a refund despite there being two actual charges for the same product, there's a final solution you can do, but it won't end pretty (but you'll get that $88 back back).

I am already putting a claim forward again on the other purchase with PAYPAL to hopefully show them that the MONEY went through twice. Since its a prime vault pack. YOU CANT BUY IT TWICE. It confuses me how they don't understand this issue

I can assure you that if DE don't fix this OBVIOUS issue I will escalate this issue further. This is an obvious case that they don't pay attention.

I can already see what is going to happen here. 

I am going to end up permanently banned from this game that I've spent a couple hundred dollars on due to a billing issue and the payment going through twice.

14 hours ago, Stoogeh said:

I am already putting a claim forward again on the other purchase with PAYPAL to hopefully show them that the MONEY went through twice. Since its a prime vault pack. YOU CANT BUY IT TWICE. It confuses me how they don't understand this issue

I can assure you that if DE don't fix this OBVIOUS issue I will escalate this issue further. This is an obvious case that they don't pay attention.

I can already see what is going to happen here. 

I am going to end up permanently banned from this game that I've spent a couple hundred dollars on due to a billing issue and the payment going through twice.

Ah right, I forgot that you paid with paypal. In that case, you should easily prove this to DE that the purchase went through twice since you should have received two emails from them confirming the purchase with two separate transaction. Just submit the two invoice IDs.

v5Qgr5K.png

I wish you the best end result in this messy situation

You may want to consider a virtual credit card service for future transactions which would prevent problems like double charging as well as stolen credit card numbers.

Most banks offer a virtual credit card service of some kind where you fill in an amount desired and they give you a 24h temporary credit card number to use for online transactions. I know this isn't your fault by any means but you could avoid this from ever happening again by using such a feature.

I've had numerous $1 "ping" charges to dead numbers from either the companies or 3rd party to see if the numbers are still active. Which they have no business doing unless I use the card or had just subscribed to a service. There's really no downside to using a virtual credit card except that it's only good for online transactions.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

You may want to consider a virtual credit card service for future transactions which would prevent problems like double charging as well as stolen credit card numbers.

Most banks offer a virtual credit card service of some kind where you fill in an amount desired and they give you a 24h temporary credit card number to use for online transactions. I know this isn't your fault by any means but you could avoid this from ever happening again by using such a feature.

I've had numerous $1 "ping" charges to dead numbers from either the companies or 3rd party to see if the numbers are still active. Which they have no business doing unless I use the card or had just subscribed to a service. There's really no downside to using a virtual credit card except that it's only good for online transactions.

From the way warframe support has been I don't think I will get my account back.

Edited by Stoogeh

30 minutes ago, Stoogeh said:

From the way warframe support has been I don't think I will get my account back.

Naw.  You didn't do anything wrong. They're just slow like grandma.

Not to mention it already looks kinda bad, "Buy our stuff; we'll ban you."  Not a great sales model.

Edited by Xzorn

8 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

U had 389 plat before your "accidental" purchase, right?

If I do the math to exact decimal. Using what they gave me below, I had 10-20ish Platinum

2625 + 400 - 745 = 2280

Then when I called for a refund on the "Second Charge".

2280 - 2625 = -345

Which means I had 10 - 20ish Platinum on my account before buying this pack, So If I had theoretically bought the prime access pack twice *I think I honestly clicked pay now twice*, I would have another 2625 platinum bringing my account balance to.

-356 + 2625 = 2269

Therefore my account would not be locked, How can DE not see the issue...

3 replies and this is all I can get, I'm putting my hope in Paypal and if that doesn't go were It should. I guess I'm left with no option other then to take either, Legal action or let Paypal do their thing.

- Stoogeh, Sorry for the spam. 

Spoiler

P386h05.gif