Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"well This Just Got Interesting"

jibbahjabbah

DAAAAAMMMNNN YOOOOOUUUU LOOOTUUS!!!

/rant

I think adding additional missions in the middle of missions has some real potential of keeping it interesting. But as is it's pretty dang annoying. 

What I think you could do to change that is create a set of new missions that are used ONLY for additional missions instead of using the same ones we do all the time.

Or at the very least put some code in that prevents the same mission you're doing from becoming the additional one. I just did and grineer spy mission where I ended up having to locate eight data-terminals and by the time I had em all my mind was numb and I was rushing for the end as fast as I could (which was a pain in the butt with some many rollers, scorpions, heavy gunners and elevators stopping me at every corner).

I can't say I'm thrilled with it.  But to be honest, that's because a fair number of them force you to carry a datamass and disable your primary.  Which is a real pain if you're not using a powerful secondary at that moment.

I think being forced to keep your secondary out changes things up a bit which I'm all for.

Also it's not as if you don't have options. You can use melee, your powers, rely on teammates to either carry or kill or if your primary is the only way you are able to take out your enemies, and your the only one who will carry the data, you can always just drop the terminals while you handle business.

Secondary/surprise objectives definitely need some work.

First and foremost, there's the fact that there's no reward given for a secondary objective.

In the case of the surprise switching of your objective to exterminate, more often than not it's a complete waste of time and not because it's difficult or challenging. Switching my raid/capture/mobile defense/whatever mission to an exterminate with a whopping total of 12 enemies is simply pointless.

Some secondary objectives should also be excluded by the primary objective, if for no other reason than common sense, e.g. deception and sabotage. It's beyond silly: "here is navigation, reroute this ship", "we can't allow this ship to remain operational, go destroy the reactor".. really?

I hate hearing that iatch tell me that.

I genuinely despise "bonus" objectives.

1) They aren't optional, unless you count quitting as a viable option.
2) They don't give extra rewards.
3) They turn a 5-10 minute mission into 30+ sometimes.

Get rid of them, or fix the first two complaints.

I hate hearing that iatch tell me that.

I genuinely despise "bonus" objectives.

1) They aren't optional, unless you count quitting as a viable option.

2) They don't give extra rewards.

3) They turn a 5-10 minute mission into 30+ sometimes.

Get rid of them, or fix the first two complaints.

I hate that popup ditz in the silly hat too; it gets to the point that I end up muting dialogue volume because I have gotten sick of hearing her.

It probably wouldn't even bug me as much if the secondary objectives made sense, in addition to my earlier example, there's also the silliness of when it tacks on a spy objective to have you go back and hack terminals that you already passed at the beginning of the mission.

As time goes on, I'm of the opinion that she's going to turn out to be the final enemy of the game.

Earlier today, I did a Raid mission.

I grabbed the item (thankfully I didn't use any Pistol ammo before capturing him) and I got "Well, this just got interesting..."

4 Datamasses.

The first three weren't too hard to find.

The last one was in the room right next to the room I started from.

Picked that one up, and the Exit was connected to the room right before the Raid Item.

Seriously?

To recap:

1). Start in Room A.

2). Proceed to Room B.

3). Grab the item from Room B.

4). Get told you need 4 datamasses.

5). Have to backtrack aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll the way to Room A almost.

6). Grab Last Datamass.

7). Go to Extraction, which is right next to Room B.

8). ARRRRRRRRGH!

Nothing like having to do a mission twice, and for no extra reward other than a couple resource drops and 1-2 mods.

Not to mention, since these were the same rooms I was already in, all the lockers and containers had been opened which means Ammo was painfully scarce. You just don't realize how much ammo comes out of those lockers until you're forced to slog through several rooms you'd already been through. If ammo would stay there and not despawn that'd be one thing, but eh. They despawn.

I nearly ran out of ammo for my Lato Prime which NEVER happens. I must have seen 20+ pistol boxes come out of lockers before I grabbed the Raid objective. Of course they were all despawned while I was running after that last Datamass.....

Edited by Xylia

Secondary/surprise objectives definitely need some work.

First and foremost, there's the fact that there's no reward given for a secondary objective.

In the case of the surprise switching of your objective to exterminate, more often than not it's a complete waste of time and not because it's difficult or challenging. Switching my raid/capture/mobile defense/whatever mission to an exterminate with a whopping total of 12 enemies is simply pointless.

Some secondary objectives should also be excluded by the primary objective, if for no other reason than common sense, e.g. deception and sabotage. It's beyond silly: "here is navigation, reroute this ship", "we can't allow this ship to remain operational, go destroy the reactor".. really?

Or collecting data units after a hostage rescue. A hostage takes priority over stupid data units. If you were hostage, would you want your hero dragging you along a data unit farm further endangering you. I doubt the hostage cares about data units or anything else. He doesn't even shoot. No more missions after rescuing hostage. it's silly.

He would rather be locked up then dragged along a mission.

Edited by OOLuigiOo

Or collecting data units after a hostage rescue. A hostage takes priority over stupid data units. If you were hostage, would you want your hero dragging you along a data unit farm further endangering you. I doubt the hostage cares about data units or anything else. He doesn't even shoot. No more missions after rescuing hostage. it's silly.

He would rather be locked up then dragged along a mission.

That's an irritating (and silly) one too - "make sure this person comes to no harm! Oh, by the way, those terminals you passed on the way to the jail? Go back and hack them, take the captive with you because... banana"

It's not for nothing I'm starting to agree with my clan's theory that popup silly-hat ditz is going to end up being the final enemy of the game: Exploits the poor amnesiac super-soldiers, makes them work overtime for no additional reward, demands we murder scientists like Tyl Regor who's simply trying to save his people...

Edited by Taranis49

demands we murder scientists like Tyl Regor who's simply trying to save his people

Scientist that wears full armor and dissects Warframes with the Tenno still in them.....

Edited by Xylia

My fav so far was after destroying the reactor core, lotus reminded me that theres suddenly a new reactor core to be destroyed.

Grineer mustve build the second one fast as hell.

But yeah, want some diversity in those missions. Most of the time those "secondary" objectives feel forced & make no sense whatsoever.

One cant even go : "screw u lotuis imma go home" but is instead forced to complete the other task.

Also there should be atleast another reward instead of some creds.

My fav so far was after destroying the reactor core, lotus reminded me that theres suddenly a new reactor core to be destroyed.

But yeah, want some diversity in those missions. Most of the time those "secondary" objectives feel forced & make no sense whatsoever.

One cant even go : "screw u lotuis imma go home" but is instead forced to complete the other task.

Also there should be atleast another reward instead of some creds.

She would just leave you on the ship.

collected all 4 data units... change of plans, collect these additional 4 data units.

Yeeeahhh, i'll get right on that.

I do love it when a raid turns into an exterminate, but there really should be some checks in place to avoid duplicate mission types, double-rescues are buggy, and double data-retrevial is just plain annoying. =/

Make them optional, bit like the defence rewards?

... and make them sensible.

"Yeah cheers for hacking all the terminals, now while we are here let's take this ship out, you will be rewarded".

Or "the data has revealed there is a Corpus proxy on board, take it out".

Give a random reward from the next Tier ups defence reward pool.

So your on a mid level planet, do the secondary objective, make it harder, but reward the player with a Tier 3 reward.

Oh and let me "bug out and call it even" if I'm low on ammo, revives or time!

Edited by Egg_Chen

Some secondary missions are completely flawed. Earlier today I had a mission to gather the data masses. Collected them all np.

--This just got interesting.--

-_-   oh great, now I have to do the whole next mission with my pistol I'm thinking to myself. But wait, even better, the secondary mission is to deliver a data mass to the ship's navigation system. Did I mention that although this was an online game I was solo? So yea, I got a data mass in my hand from the first mission, and for the second mission I have to deliver a data mass that just showed up. Guess what I discovered boys and girls, nope, you can't carry two different masses at once. Stack em up sure. But the "collect these data masses" do not mix with the "deliver this data mass".

*facepalm*

really guys? really ?!?

I ended up dropping the first data mass, delivering the second data mass, running back to the retrieve the first one, then running back to the exit. Funny thing is, I wasn't even in a hurry, I had hours free time in my schedule and this scenario still pessed me off. Being forced into another mission right when you should be done, is frustrating enough by itself. But to not be able to do the second mission without jumping through hoops is just plain bad planning.

I still think that the secondary missions should be optional, and the rewards (credits / xp) should be three to four times as high for the simple fact that as a player I am expecting to be done and instead thanks to the Lotus I am not. It might be better to have some missions, (especially in higher levels) just be two mission from the beginning. And why not? Is our intel really that bad? Do we not know that the ship needs to be destroyed until just after I free the hostage?!? Either A) give us the option to accept / decline secondary mission or B) just have both missions from the start.

IE: Go this this base, rescue the hostage, destroy the reactor and then get out before the ship / base explodes.

Not complicated, just a little forethought. Right now the secondary missions just feel like a chore because of the way ( timing ) that they are thrown at us. Change a mission sure, no biggie, but don't tell me just as I cross the finish line that have to go run another race before I am done, that is just an &#! move.

Edited by Carcharias

Yes, some missions are long enough without the added extra. It would be nicer to be able to return to map, join a random run of something, then carry on later. It must be hell doing the higher level missions solo when this happens.

I admit that I've sort of excused that one as being unusual.  Lotus has been wrong about warnings of forces coming at me, it's possible to consider that Lotus thought that the reactor's destruction would cause the chain reaction, only to realize there's another power source in place/play.  Redundancy and what not..

Although I'm with many of the posters here about getting a spy sub mission after a hostage mission.  Seems rather stupid that I have to collect data briefcases when I've got a hostage in tow...  

I did like the one where you do a capture mission and a deception sub mission starts.  Heh, I can tell you how many times I'm running toward the exit only to realize that I'm leaving behind the briefcase to upload to the mainframe there.  Three times too many, is how many.  :D