Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright What Is This?

Circle_of_Psi

Question

We've noticed you are using an ad blocker.

Fandom powered by Wikia is for fans, by fans. Support all fans by enabling ads on Fandom.

Disable Ad Blocker

Why is this here, and why does it exist?

I've never had a issue before and now it pops it, how do I fix this?, Cuz I AM NOT removing my Ad blocker.

Legion

P.S: Don't tell me to install another ad-blocker, cuz the one I have is fine

Edited by LegionCynex

8 answers to this question

Hello!

As the above posters have mentioned, you can disable adverts if you so wish by logging in and disabling them from the "My preferences" drop down.

The semi malicious adverts are not ones that Wikia are for the most part aware of and only seem to apply to anonymous users so logging in anyhow will limit most of this

As you can probably imagine, the adverts, although slightly questionable of origin are Wikia's sole source of income for hosting, we already have 24k images hosted on their servers including but not limited to audio recordings, gif's and some svg's. 

We're hopefully getting a Wikia/Fandom director to speak internally regarding the adverts, but it is not my place nor any of the other WARFRAME Wikia staff's to ask you to reconsider

Hope this helps!

Well they are NOT giving you stuff for free either, Wikia exists because of the revenue from the ads, you're literally not letting them get paid. It's your choice to use Adblock just as it's their choice to deny you service for using Adblock.

5 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

wait, you can log in and just turn it off

51uj1mK.png

this (the default setting for logged in users) turns off the more intrusive ads, from what I gather. There are still ads on the sidebar.

If those are too much, you can always go for the oldschool wikipedia look, and turn on MonoBook:

ozvg4x3.png

This breaks the visual editor, but hey - no ads, no sluggish javascript, and the layout becomes full width.