The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infest weapon idea. Mutalist Penta.

Lancars

So i only have a crude idea of what it should do... so here we go.

Infested. Shoots out living grenade creatures. Creatures have a small aggro but Alt fire directs them with a hit-scan dart that will stick into terrain and enemies. Can have up to 6 of them out. 

Can use the Penta as a base model. And in construction. (suggestion cause i barely see the penta and we have the penta secura.)

I mulled the idea a bit back as an ability for .. whatever game i thought it might fit. With all the crazy infested stuff i figured it could work so i thought it could be some kinda infested grenade launcher where you have to herd the grenades or leave them on the spot as little proxy bombs. Mini maggot bombs. Toxic damage.

18 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yay, someone else thought of the UT Minelayer :D

I think this is the best example of how it could work.

Edited by Lancars

All I can think of are the infector guns from Defiance.  You'd shoot an enemy with very low damage projectiles.  After 5 hits it does a decent amount of damage, adds a DoT stack, and spawns a bug which runs to the nearest enemy and explodes in a small radius.  DoTs stacked, and up to 3 more bugs would spawn on enemy death (assuming you had 3+ DoT stacks running).  Other variants were better at spawning bugs but lower DoT damage, or vice versa.

Either way I'd love something of the sort in Warframe!  Let the maggot mayhem begin!

Edited by Falchoin

5 hours ago, (PS4)Devil_Lukos said:

Good concept and I'm always looking for a new infested toy to add to the arsenal. I'm actually hoping we see it happen.

Well the only way it could have any chance would to be upvoting the thread or promoting it. You do what you want but it just takes DE being able to see it and seeing people interested in it.

I just like coming up with fun ideas and i thought i'd put this one down. I'm glad to see people like it.