Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Reward Changes

(PSN)Teh_Lone_Wolve

Just some Ideas for Sortie Reward Changes IF possible I think they are good ideas not necessarily the best just a general sort of thing.

1st Idea - Change Greater Lens (And Lens) To a Random amount 1-4 since Greater Lens's are not trad-able.

2nd Idea - Give the option to select which school the Lens is for in a reward screen instead of stock piling ones that an individual might find unfavorable or already completed.

3rd Idea - Change the Reward screen from Sorties to resemble that of the Void Fissure missions where everyone's rewards are posted and you may choose one. (Drop rates could be adjusted?) 

These are just suggestions based on myself and others sometimes frustrated with the daily rewards or consecutive days of Greater Lens's that cannot be traded and for a school I'm not focusing on

Loving it. all 3.
lemme kiss that mind of yours.

Its simple. easy, and fair.
We got that system already (fissures/relics), so coding "chose your reward" wouldnt be big fuss.
Upvoting for attention, and i suggest you try to slipstream that idea into other big "sortie threads"

bah, imagine how EASIER this would be to implement, than all them token systems.
And see all them: "forma again/endo again/booster again" less and less (obviously unlucky 4x forma would happen, but not so often, right? 4 times better the chance to get what u want"

Edited by Sophista

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Teh_Lone_Wolve said:

3rd Idea - Change the Reward screen from Sorties to resemble that of the Void Fissure missions where everyone's rewards are posted and you may choose one. (Drop rates could be adjusted?)

Wont work. I get what you mean and I like the idea but the way you phrased it means it wont work. Why? Simple, reward in Sorties is the same for everyone in a squad. The way to make it the same like relics would require to make it player based roll. This would also kill or massivly nerf alt riven farming, which is illegal.

What I would suggest is to implement a token system along the normal rewards for those who are hated by RNJesus. I myself, havent seen a riven in my sortie reward for 3 weeks now.

10 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Wont work. I get what you mean and I like the idea but the way you phrased it means it wont work. Why? Simple, reward in Sorties is the same for everyone in a squad. The way to make it the same like relics would require to make it player based roll. This would also kill or massivly nerf alt riven farming, which is illegal.

What I would suggest is to implement a token system along the normal rewards for those who are hated by RNJesus. I myself, havent seen a riven in my sortie reward for 3 weeks now.

I was just aiming to add some usefulness to the bad luck everyone seems to have.. Now a Riven Mod or Legendary Core or even a Orokin Catalyst every time would be nice but that's why I suggested a drop rate change.. I do see it as unlikely to be changed to any of these though you're right. But even making the Greater lens's trad-able I feel would make the rewards seem a little better.

30 minutes ago, Sophista said:

Loving it. all 3.
lemme kiss that mind of yours.

Its simple. easy, and fair.
We got that system already (fissures/relics), so coding "chose your reward" wouldnt be big fuss.
Upvoting for attention, and i suggest you try to slipstream that idea into other big "sortie threads"

bah, imagine how EASIER this would be to implement, than all them token systems.
And see all them: "forma again/endo again/booster again" less and less (obviously unlucky 4x forma would happen, but not so often, right? 4 times better the chance to get what u want"

Exactly.. It doesn't seem that different from the relics and maybe it would be a change that would come soon but I think it would take away alot of the unhappiness in region chat. I still think there would be the occasional day where everyone gets Endo and yeah it sucks.. but everyday is a great drop everything loses its value? And we all know the market is everyones "favorite" part of warframe.

17 hours ago, Xardis said:

Wont work. I get what you mean and I like the idea but the way you phrased it means it wont work. 

Its suggestion, this could be changed so every1 gets a roll of their own at end of 3rd sortie. And then can choose from 4 diff rolls. (if riven would be selected, the system would need to generate separate riven for each player obviously, like it does now)

just like u said:

17 hours ago, Xardis said:

This would also kill or massivly nerf alt riven farming, which is illegal.

if anything, neither token system, or Op idea changes alt farming  issue.
Alt running for tokens would be possible , and alt running and then all 4 alt selecting same riven would be possible.
That problem is on DE hands, and they got means to monitor trade and interaction between account to fish out s***t like that.

Edited by Sophista
cut off chunk of text, as its resolved trough PM's and is just waste of space in this thread, left just relevant stuff

15 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

That way people can get exactly what they want,

I dont think thats the goal for any loot system in Warframe.
As far as i agree completely, token system would do exactly what you described.
Im not really sure tho, it would be good for DE and warframe in general.

Not like im fan of getting endo in sorties, nor formas & boosters
Dont think i like NOT getting relics i farm for.
I dont like seeing only common drops in full radshare.
But i believe that RNG is extending player time in front of game.
(and thats what i like, more great Tenno around. ive had friends leave, and ive left for 3 years... because there was nothing else to go for. I understand that ideally you would tackle that problem in different way than more rng, but thats not the tread about that, and i dont have any great ideas to post about it...)

Just my opinion tho, and saying all that, i wouldn't be AGAINST token system if it ever came to life in here.
And token system suggested in thread u posted is solid.
Token system would remove RNG completely from sorties.
while OP suggestion would make it feel semi-RNG (you get 4 options, granted they random, but you get options)

hence, id prefer Op solution.