Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spore Saryn

ChillyWilly

Question

I'm quite new to saryn, and many people says me MR13 noobs on bere just because they says to spam 1 and 2 everytime. I ask this on region and one of them says "I will block this guy because he is retorded MR13 noobs" ... Like WTF? So I want to ask a question for you all

1. Does saryn molt have to be spored EVERYTIME (like spamming spore over and over again) and then pop it all?

2. Does Molt explosion is larger or same as spore?

3. Does Toxic Lash affect Saryn Molt?

Regarding to those 3 question. My thoughts is this

1. Saryn molt just need 1 spore to cast on it, because enemy doesnt get more spore if more spore is popped on molt. it cap always 3. so its just waste of energy. Unless you pop it and cast it again. that works fine

2. Molt Explosion is SMALLER than the spore. so using 2 and 1 over and over wont do as much, especially when your spore already melt all of them

3. Toxic Lash only affect enemy (tested myself : I put spore on saryn molt and uses toxic lash and doesnt pop all). quoted from wiki : " While Toxic Lash is active, at least one spore is guaranteed to burst per melee attack when an ENEMY affected by Spore is struck by Saryn's melee weapon."

So my thoughts that people are not correct about saryn abilities, or I might just wrong. I'm not quite sure about the 1st question, since wiki doesnt list all the thing that you get. ex: Saryn Spore will deal 250 damage (tested on mars/spear with CE Spira, Enemy gets 250 damage from the spore explode while my spira explosion deals 166). So please tell me about saryn even more. People call me MR13 noobs because I never play saryn. from before and after rework. so Idk her very well. and I thinks her abilities is the hardest to understand / to build.

7 answers to this question

Hi there tenno sorry you had to experience some bad tenno behaviour on region.

Here is my favorite saryn spore build from joey zero its super easy super quick and super fun 

thats probably the meta some tenno were refering to ^.^ 

Use regular hikou(not prime) with more speed and less dammage as possible with super high reload speed .

You will get a super surprise with pressurised magazine with a perma buff to attack speed.

And of course concealed explosive.( as @Vermitore said ^.^ )

Be carefull to not explode yourself tenno !

Edited by trunks013

There are three ways of going about it:

1. You need a Mutalist Cernos or a Torid or anything that will leave a persistent gas cloud to proc your spores. You cast molt (2) and shoot a cloud underneath your molt so as to envelop it in the cloud and then you spam Spores on it until either your molt or your cloud expires. When that happens, refresh them.
  2. You use the Lanka. Spec the Lanka for 100% status proc, infect a target, zoom in all the way and hope for a large crit that is a status proc.
  3. Use a thrown secondary such as the Hikou and equip it for sheer attack speed, reload speed and magazine size and concealed explosives. Cast spore on a target and bombard it with the secondary.

Saryn is a much less forgiving DPS frame on clears than any of the other ones and there is little room for flexibility and you generally need a combination of things, but Saryn also has the highest AoE output at the moment if done correctly, so there's that to make up for it.

Edited by Vermitore

1. Casting spore on a molt with 3 spores (I think) pops 1 set of spores and spread them so it's not a bad idea if you want to get spores around that way but I normally do it with some AoE popping them so I don't know for sure.

2. Molt's radius is much smaller than Spore's (Molt has 10m Spores have 16m) which only gets further exagerated by range mods.

3. No

The thing with popping the molt is that it gives you toxic procs which spores carry when they spread to enemies which is the entire point of a spore saryn, spores themselves do nothing in terms of damage and are borderline useless but when you combine them with a toxic proc that spreads to every enemy it touches and stacks then you start to kill everything, that's why a Gas ignis is such a good weapon for her to use.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

7 minutes ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

I'm quite new to saryn, and many people says me MR13 noobs on bere just because they says to spam 1 and 2 everytime. I ask this on region and one of them says "I will block this guy because he is retorded MR13 noobs" ... Like WTF? So I want to ask a question for you all

1. Does saryn molt have to be spored EVERYTIME (like spamming spore over and over again) and then pop it all?

2. Does Molt explosion is larger or same as spore?

3. Does Toxic Lash affect Saryn Molt?

Regarding to those 3 question. My thoughts is this

1. Saryn molt just need 1 spore to cast on it, because enemy doesnt get more spore if more spore is popped on molt. it cap always 3. so its just waste of energy. Unless you pop it and cast it again. that works fine

2. Molt Explosion is SMALLER than the spore. so using 2 and 1 over and over wont do as much, especially when your spore already melt all of them

3. Toxic Lash only affect enemy (tested myself : I put spore on saryn molt and uses toxic lash and doesnt pop all). quoted from wiki : " While Toxic Lash is active, at least one spore is guaranteed to burst per melee attack when an ENEMY affected by Spore is struck by Saryn's melee weapon."

So my thoughts that people are not correct about saryn abilities, or I might just wrong. I'm not quite sure about the 1st question, since wiki doesnt list all the thing that you get. ex: Saryn Spore will deal 250 damage (tested on mars/spear with CE Spira, Enemy gets 250 damage from the spore explode while my spira explosion deals 166). So please tell me about saryn even more. People call me MR13 noobs because I never play saryn. from before and after rework. so Idk her very well. and I thinks her abilities is the hardest to understand / to build.

1: depends on what you want to do. if you just want to spread the spores then one cast is enough but if you want to spread toxin procs via the spores (since spores spread toxin procs on top of their viral procs if they are destroyed with toxin damage) then more spores = more toxin damage procs on enemys

2. Molt has a base explosion radius of 10m, Spores have 16m

3. I am not entirely sure what you mean but Toxic lash works with Spores on Molt too. (you can verify this very easy, just cast molt and spore on molt, then hit it with toxic lash, if you get energy back it works)

here is my way to play Saryn:

- find a group of enemies (more enemies = more better)

- cast Molt

- Spores on Molt

- shoot the Spores (as I said above: toxin damage is also spread via Spores)

- use the Ignis and shoot in the general direction of the enemy (this spreads the spores between the enemies like crazy, stacking up toxin procs en masse in fractions of a second, but it might also lag your game if you play on a toaster) [the more enemies you hit the better]

- watch everything die or cast Miasma to murder everything still alive

- find a new group of enemies

Just now, Helch0rn said:

1: depends on what you want to do. if you just want to spread the spores then one cast is enough but if you want to spread toxin procs via the spores (since spores spread toxin procs on top of their viral procs if they are destroyed with toxin damage) then more spores = more toxin damage procs on enemys

2. Molt has a base explosion radius of 10m, Spores have 16m

3. I am not entirely sure what you mean but Toxic lash works with Spores on Molt too. (you can verify this very easy, just cast molt and spore on molt, then hit it with toxic lash, if you get energy back it works)

here is my way to play Saryn:

- find a group of enemies (more enemies = more better)

- cast Molt

- Spores on Molt

- shoot the Spores (as I said above: toxin damage is also spread via Spores)

- use the Ignis and shoot in the general direction of the enemy (this spreads the spores between the enemies like crazy, stacking up toxin procs en masse in fractions of a second, but it might also lag your game if you play on a toaster) [the more enemies you hit the better]

- watch everything die or cast Miasma to murder everything still alive

- find a new group of enemies

the only wrong statement (In my opinion) is that toxic works with spore on molt.. that doesnt quite true from wiki, cause it said that "If an infected enemy is being damaged by a Toxin proc, popping a spore on that enemy will also spread Toxin damage to surrounding enemies."

toxic lash doesn't affect the popping spore on molt, its 1 spore guarantee is only works on enemies, so I think same applies to this toxic spore thing

26 minutes ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

the only wrong statement (In my opinion) is that toxic works with spore on molt.. that doesnt quite true from wiki, cause it said that "If an infected enemy is being damaged by a Toxin proc, popping a spore on that enemy will also spread Toxin damage to surrounding enemies."

toxic lash doesn't affect the popping spore on molt, its 1 spore guarantee is only works on enemies, so I think same applies to this toxic spore thing

It says enemy but I get energy back fron hitting spores on molt, therefor it has to work