Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Mode Is Too Easy

meggarox

Hello, I'm just leaving this bit of feedback because during the last few Survival missions I did I came to the realization of exactly why I don't do Survival missions if I have the option. In this case, of course, I didn't avoid them because I needed resources.

The cause of the problem that I think Survival missions have is that there are *far* too few enemies to go around. I'll *occasionally* see about 15 to 30 enemies. For a Survival mission to be any kind of challenge at all - especially against Infested - there needs to be more enemies. A lot more enemies. I'm talking triple digits, a real challenge, I want mobs coming out of the wazoo.

I just want things on the map that I can kill and kill without having to chase down single mobs as I run from one side of the map to the other trying to keep my Oxygen up. You know, a Survival, not a hunt. The challenge isn't a matter of mob strength, that can be increased by going to a higher level Survival.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Thank you for your time and, perhaps, opinion.

7 minutes ago, Dark-Vortex said:

A lot more enemies. I'm talking triple digits, a real challenge, I want mobs coming out of the wazoo.

Could not agree more.  I was playing a kuva flood mission on ceres last night and there were just scores and scores of grineer coming from everywhere, and it was a mobile defense.  The enemy amount was huge even between actually defending a console.

This would be lovely in a survival.

2 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

Fair suggestion, and I honestly wouldn't mind that at all. However

My pc would explode.

Make it an additional game mode then.

I agree that we need some crazy missions with loads of enemies for a change.

Edited by Naith

Hey Op. i agree, id love to see change you propose. Moar challange and more dismembered enemies. +1

regarding:

17 minutes ago, Dark-Vortex said:

I run from one side of the map to the other trying to keep my Oxygen up. You know, a Survival, not a hunt. 

i know its not solution, rather workaround to problem you pointed out, but the way survival spawns work, thats what causing your struggle.
4 people  gathered in single room/chamber/corridor (except dead ends) will have bigger spawns and enemies will be constantly spawning(altho i understand that your thread is about them not spawning enough)
while 4 people separated on map, and running around (changing rooms, running from end to end)  will have small to none spawns.
Thats my observations only, and i have no "data" to prove it. But its fairly easy to test

9 minutes ago, Snib said:

Are you guys playing solo survival until minute 5? Because full squad long duration infested survival you'll be swamped in enemies.

Even 20 minutes in, it doesn't get much better. You need to go for over half an hour for anything to get ramped up nearly high enough for some fun. 30 minutes of loitering around keeping your Oxygen up just to get to the point that you want to in the mission? That's far too long a wait.

4 player survival has a nice amount of enemies, solo survival is almost empty. I get 10 guys at once, maybe. Needs to be more, a lot more. 30-50 at once would be good.

Also, a little off-topic, but at the beginning it seems that headshots cause oxygen containers to drop constantly, but over time their drop chance seems to drop right off.

I love survival missions but i do feel they need to horde up abit. Now i don't mean throw triple the amount of bombards etc at us. I mean have 3x the weaker units with mini bosses in between. With large heavy unit teams running between the ranks.

Also i want to see survivals that start off at level 100 as well in the future with the kind of horde tatics i said above. Even 75 minutes in they don't seem to be really more difficult just tonnes more spongy. 😂

Relic survivals are super fun and feel rewarding. I'd love to see rewards scale up alot more with enemy levels.

It would also be nice to be able to choose 3 or 4 man difficulty even if just two man.

We should be knee high in bodies also the loot should be better than a bronze mod at this point.

PS_Messages_20170109_013802.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers