Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Solved]1H Sword Recommendation

aligatorno

Question

Considering that Frost's Deluxe Skin is really near, probably next week, and seeing how in his concept he comes with an 1 Handed Sword Ice Skin, it's time for me to finally get  my hands on one. Except Broken War, which I used in building War, are there any other ones that can face sortie level enemies? 

Edited by aligatorno

14 answers to this question

The only other one that semi doesn't suck is the Dakra Prime, which is vaulted ._.

EDIT: The Prisma Skana (With Bright Purity on it), that's a good one actually. I forgot about it's existence. 

Edited by PoisonHD

10 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

I want to use the skin he comes with, which most likely won't work with the nikana series. 

Well, in terms of longswords, there's not many alternatives to the Broken War. Dakra Prime is the next best thing.

In any case, there was a sword in the concept art iirc, so maybe they will also release that one with his skin? Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Tyrian3k said:

Well, in terms of longswords, there's not many alternatives to the Broken War. Dakra Prime is the next best thing.

In any case, there was a sword in the concept art iirc, so maybe they will also release that one with his skin? Just a thought.

That;s why I need a 1H Sword :P The one from the concept is a skin from what I know, not a weapon. 

There are a few choices for weapons. If one-handed is the only option, then that limits weapon types to swords and maybe machetes. Machetes only really have two weapons worth a damn, which are Gazal Machete and Nami Solo, and they are subpar. Other than that, you only have the broken war, prisma skana, and dakra prime. Broken War is superior to dakra prime in every way unfortunately, so until the Dakra Prime is buffed, your only logical options are broken war and prisma skana, because prisma skana has the ability to use the new loka augment mod, which gives that beautiful purity proc, and the weapon is still good for endgame.

Prisma Skana with Augment is about equal to the Dakra Prime. Pre-Broken-war people used to debate and number crunch which of them was the better of the two.

I figure when there are 2 pretty well-divided camps and the debates continue pretty solidly between them then at that point it's personal preference. 

As to the Mire, I think it's actually a pretty decent weapon using it with the Augment on Excal. Otherwise, it's the weakest of the three. 

For me, I really like the look of the Prisma Skana and while the Dakra has an interesting look too I think of the two I'd rather re-skin the Dakra.

Or maybe just use one of the appearance slots of each and have one of both! hehe.

Cheers!
~R~