The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within Possible EasterEgg

(PSN)zXx_Fly_Guy_xXz

4 minutes ago, (PS4)zXx_Fly_Guy_xXz said:

During the part where you go inside the mountain theres a dead body with a bandage wrapped around his head (GazerBeam)

Was that a easter-egg?

Warframe rarely puts in easter eggs like most other games so I doubt it.

2 hours ago, (PS4)zXx_Fly_Guy_xXz said:

Im referencing gazerbeam from incredibles

I doubt that DE is referencing an obscure character from an old animated movie. It's a great movie, but that skeleton could just as likely be an Easter egg to Mortal Kombat's Kenshi (A samurai who always wears a blindfold).

It's probably just a decorative skeleton who wears a blindfold because it looks cool. I don't know anything about that character from the Incredibles. Did Gazerbeam die on a snowy mountain in the movie or something? That would make it slightly more plausible. But either way the chances are it's just there to look nice, and probably doesn't have any other meaning than a decoration

9 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

propably it's the corpse of the adults who went mad in the zariman and were exiled to that mountain

oooor an orokin who had continuity and something went off c_c

Really? Because from what Teshin said, I'm guessing it represented a Tenno that 'gave up' and had their body consumed by the Queens, destroying their mind.

More of a metaphor than anything.

8 hours ago, Ninjamurai said:

I doubt that DE is referencing an obscure character from an old animated movie. It's a great movie, but that skeleton could just as likely be an Easter egg to Mortal Kombat's Kenshi (A samurai who always wears a blindfold).

It's probably just a decorative skeleton who wears a blindfold because it looks cool. I don't know anything about that character from the Incredibles. Did Gazerbeam die on a snowy mountain in the movie or something? That would make it slightly more plausible. But either way the chances are it's just there to look nice, and probably doesn't have any other meaning than a decoration

He died in a cave after giving up because the protagonist was too strong 

2 hours ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Really? Because from what Teshin said, I'm guessing it represented a Tenno that 'gave up' and had their body consumed by the Queens, destroying their mind.

No, because when you go there again for real instead of in your mind: the body is still there.

12 hours ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Yes it is... not to mention the fact that the quest rather clearly lays out that the adults were killed by the kids on the ship and that the only survivors were the now tainted children. Regardless of what your decision was, the adults died.

The War Within is a little confusing. You are unconcious. The scenery is, to be honest, probably the setting from the Old War. (Makes sense when you think more about it). In the cave walls there are imprints of the void powers. The doors are sealed off with void-beam only access. On the floor of the yuvan theatre are broken staffs (kween style) with shattered kuva flasks around it.

If anything the location in itself is a lore "Easter egg" than the dead human. But who am I to assume and/or assert the intents and knowledge of DE?

3 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Yes it is... not to mention the fact that the quest rather clearly lays out that the adults were killed by the kids on the ship and that the only survivors were the now tainted children. Regardless of what your decision was, the adults died.

Plot twist- The ocean of insanity, that blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed, is what drove the Tenno to insanity. Those that remained were as twisted as the Stalker, hating themselves for the crimes they perpetrated (being like their parents and killing) yet hating being forced into acting, for the Orokin were so manipulative of them.

It would explain why we had our memories wiped- the voices drove those who did not cleanse their memory into insanity.

but I don't know!! Add your conjectures here! (Sorry OP for hijacking your post)