Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Riven mod] I complete the challenge but it doesn't count.

Sleeping_Insects

Question

Hello fellow Tenno.

I have a riven mod which just refuses to unlock so I decided to ask here for an advice. As I see it right now, it's either a bug or a misinformation in challenge text.

The challenge is "complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher with defense objective taking no damage".

I've completed several defense missions with Frost and Mesa, objective completely unharmed. And before you start doubting, there's a clear indication if one fails the challenge. If you fail it, there's a popup saying "failed" and you can check challenge status any time you want by pressing "progress" shortcut.

I did only 5 waves and then left the mission which I assume is enough since there is no indication on how many waves I should stand for the mission to be "complete".

P.S. As I started googling it, I only came across a whole ton of whining about this challenge, like the game isn't easy enough as it is. I really don't understand people who want this game to become even more easier. It's really losing fun since warframes and weapons become more and more OP and enemies stay as dumb and easy to kill. but that is irrelevant in this topic.

1 minute ago, ice.goblin said:

You really think I am that stupid? oO
Why would I get the challenge message as I start the mission in that case?

How I passed mine: max range and efficiency frost with decent str.

Snow globe then spam avalanche, if out of energy then i'm afraid you have to use energy restores else you're screwed 

Just now, (PS4)Ali_AmmarKh said:

How I passed mine: max range and efficiency frost with decent str.

Snow globe then spam avalanche, if out of energy then i'm afraid you have to use energy restores else you're screwed 

Thanks, I do pass mine as well, I mean technically I do, it's quite easy. The problem is that it doesn't count it for some reason (not saying failed either).

1 minute ago, ice.goblin said:

Thanks, I do pass mine as well, I mean technically I do, it's quite easy. The problem is that it doesn't count it for some reason (not saying failed either).

Read carefully what you had to do. It may have listed "solo", "with dragon key" or "no abilities"

Edited by (PS4)Ali_AmmarKh

25 minutes ago, ice.goblin said:

Hello fellow Tenno.

I have a riven mod which just refuses to unlock so I decided to ask here for an advice. As I see it right now, it's either a bug or a misinformation in challenge text.

The challenge is "complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher with defense objective taking no damage".

I've completed several defense missions with Frost and Mesa, objective completely unharmed. And before you start doubting, there's a clear indication if one fails the challenge. If you fail it, there's a popup saying "failed" and you can check challenge status any time you want by pressing "progress" shortcut.

I did only 5 waves and then left the mission which I assume is enough since there is no indication on how many waves I should stand for the mission to be "complete".

P.S. As I started googling it, I only came across a whole ton of whining about this challenge, like the game isn't easy enough as it is. I really don't understand people who want this game to become even more easier. It's really losing fun since warframes and weapons become more and more OP and enemies stay as dumb and easy to kill. but that is irrelevant in this topic.

Snow Globed from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Pretty much this:

6 minutes ago, Shanoo said:

You realize this means that the target has to not even take any shield damage, right?

And no, there's no indication of failure for this one. The script is probably running at the end of the rotation, not depending on an action like many other Riven.

I'm not sure what the issue could be. If it doesn't have any other modifier such as solo/party/dragon key then I'd suggest taking Resonating Quake Banshee and get yourself Frost and EV Trinity. The RQ Banshee will have massive range and will be able to kill all but the ancients very quickly.

I've completed this challenged three times solo with RQ Banshee. Worked fine every time. 

2 minutes ago, ice.goblin said:

Ok, I will try it solo. Still, in that case it's a bug.

Yes, if it was the reason, please report this problem under PC Beta Bugs]UI after completion of the challenge, thank you! (since it'd be a problem of the UI of the mod not being clear enough).

6 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

And no, there's no indication of failure for this one. The script is probably running at the end of the rotation, not depending on an action like many other Riven.

But there is. At least was. I do remember I was doing it using Frost with pretty large Snow Globe on Sechura a couple of weeks ago. And there was a volatile runner who managed to get inside the Globe without being frozen. I killed him instantly, almost as soon as he got inside, but in this very moment I learned that their explosion range is pretty big as I got the 'challenge failed' message immediately.