Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

braton prime builds

Zedasfogueiras

Question

hey guys, I have been using the braton prime for a long time now, and I have been using a hybrid build (status+crit damage and chance), since I dont have the electric dual stat mod, and it is really really good with viral. My question is do you think I can outperform this build (serration,heavy caliber, split chamber,point strike, vital sense, malignant force, prime cryo rounds, rime rounds) with all the dual stat mods? 

16 answers to this question

Nah, I think you're better off as is than with all Dual Stat mods.

With the Braton Prime I think "mixed status/damage" or "crit/status hybrid" is generally better than "pure status". It's just that 4x60/60 is easier to build.
 - req. less Forma, simpler elemental combo swapping, etc.

I think the BP needs that bit of extra damage to sort of get the payoff from using its status. One you've proc-ed your Status(es) you want to make sure the target does down, and sooner is better than later. Even without Armor higher level units can still be a big bag of health.

Alright so for whatever it's worth since I got a decent Braton Riven I've found that, while it is no Soma Prime, I'm able to use it in the Sorties and up to about Wave 20 in T3 Void Defense.
- maybe T4 but you're really going to want your "4xCP" and probably need to bring some ammo pads (even if you like to run with Carrier Prime, poor little fella can still get wrecked sometimes).  

Now the kicker there is when I say "Riven mod" mine is basically a Maxed Rank Heavy Caliber without the loss of Accuracy and increased Magazine Capacity, which doesn't hurt. 

So if you don't mind the loss in accuracy there the actual damage is for all intents the same.

I like to run Shred because I like both the slight increase in fire rate and the punch-through. But my build totally lets me swap that out for Point Strike when I want too. 

Seeing as you're running Viral then I think the Crit boosting is pretty nice there, proc Viral, shoot faces, profit.
High Rate of Fire can get away a bit easier with somewhat lower than meta crit and status since you're getting some many shots off so quickly.
B.P. seems to just slide across the edge on everything stat wise, heh.

If you want to see my builds (these caps were taken of my Corrosive build but elements are easy to change) here they are.
 (and I don't claim they are the best but they've been working just fine so far!)

Spoiler

B27321C3D769A81F172C1DFA9A5DE4DBAA529A6E (1680×1050)4391FCA35F806218D98724C95ED01BE7ED517CA9 (1680×1050)
0CB826633B2B695EDF371B5177BBA618830A5F6E (1680×1050)

Hope that helps out some.

Cheers!
~R~

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Well crit and status hybrids are amazing. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a riven that gives statud and crit.

I have a riven that gives me 60% multy shot, 100 % damage and more ammo, and my testing with that riven, the weapon crits enough but I dont have the last dual stat mod to compare all the builds, it seems like 60% status is enough for the weapon, it is more focused on viral and slash procs and the crits deal huge burst of damage I can kill lvl 100 bombards fully armored in less that 4 seconds with head shots, with more status it kinda falls a little, but maybe a full status build would outperform this o.o

Edited by ninjadeboxers

4 minutes ago, ninjadeboxers said:

I have a riven that gives me 60% multy shot, 100 % damage and more ammo, and my testing with that riven that, the weapon crits enough but I dont have the last dual stat mod to compare all the builds, it seems like 60% status is enough for the weapon, it is more focused on viral and slash procs and the crits deal huge burst of damage I can kill lvl 100 bombards fully armored in less that 4 seconds with head shots, with more status it kinda falls a like, but maybe a full status build would outperform this o.o

That's a really good riven since multishot increases status chance. Id probably wait till you got your hands on the last statud mod to go for a status build. But if you do feel good about your current build, there's really no need to change it.

Edit 1: I actually recently got a sybaris riven that gives me multishot and crit damage and slash damage(which takes away impact so it's really good). It only has about 50% status, but because of the build I have with the increased slash damage, i one shot level 100 grineer.

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400
Sybaris Riven

25 minutes ago, ninjadeboxers said:

hey guys, I have been using the braton prime for a long time now, and I have been using a hybrid build (status+crit damage and chance), since I dont have the electric dual stat mod, and it is really really good with viral. My question is do you think I can outperform this build (serration,heavy caliber, split chamber,point strike, vital sense, malignant force, prime cryo rounds, rime rounds) with all the dual stat mods? 

I use a status proc build myself (blast/corrosive) and swap heavy caliber for fanged fusillade (+Slash damage) and a Braton Riven that gives additional status duration and some extra Cold damage.

1 minute ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

That's a really good riven since multishot increases status chance. Id probably wait till you got your hands on the last statud mod to go for a status build. But if you do feel good about your current build, there's really no need to change it.

it still a little bit weaker than the soma build without riven (my soma riven build is a BEAST), but yes it feels good and I would recomend people try the build I posted without the riven for my braton, crits make the weapon so fun to use, since time to time you just see a huge blow on enemies health, and without further testing it seems really usefull, the kill times are good, is sortie viable, but still I need the last mod for my final veredict

3 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Nah, I think you're better off as is than with all Dual Stat mods.

With the Braton Prime I think "mixed status/damage" or "crit/status hybrid" is generally better than "pure status". It's just that 4x60/60 is easier to build.
 - req. less Forma, simpler elemental combo swapping, etc.

I think the BP needs that bit of extra damage to sort of get the payoff from using its status. One you've proc-ed your Status(es) you want to make sure the target does down, and sooner is better than later. Even without Armor higher level units can still be a big bag of health.

Alright so for whatever it's worth since I got a decent Braton Riven I've found that, while it is no Soma Prime, I'm able to use it in the Sorties and up to about Wave 20 in T3 Void Defense.
- maybe T4 but you're really going to want your "4xCP" and probably need to bring some ammo pads (even if you like to run with Carrier Prime, poor little fella can still get wrecked sometimes).  

Now the kicker there is when I say "Riven mod" mine is basically a Maxed Rank Heavy Caliber without the loss of Accuracy and increased Magazine Capacity, which doesn't hurt. 

So if you don't mind the loss in accuracy there the actual damage is for all intents the same.

I like to run Shred because I like both the slight increase in fire rate and the punch-through. But my build totally lets me swap that out for Point Strike when I want too. 

Seeing as you're running Viral then I think the Crit boosting is pretty nice there, proc Viral, shoot faces, profit.
High Rate of Fire can get away a bit easier with somewhat lower than meta crit and status since you're getting some many shots off so quickly.
B.P. seems to just slide across the edge on everything stat wise, heh.

If you want to see my builds (these caps were taken of my Corrosive build but elements are easy to change) here they are.
 (and I don't claim they are the best but they've been working just fine so far!)

Hide contents

B27321C3D769A81F172C1DFA9A5DE4DBAA529A6E (1680×1050)4391FCA35F806218D98724C95ED01BE7ED517CA9 (1680×1050)
0CB826633B2B695EDF371B5177BBA618830A5F6E (1680×1050)

Hope that helps out some.

Cheers!
~R~

thanks mate very informative, the only thing I would change in your builds shred since it burns ammo too much for my personal taste, but thanks mate :D

51 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Well crit and status hybrids are amazing. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a riven that gives statud and crit.

tried a status crit on my vaykor hek... and it outperforms the pure crit damage build o.o, hybrid builds are the new meta! :O 

16 minutes ago, ninjadeboxers said:

thanks mate very informative, the only thing I would change in your builds shred since it burns ammo too much for my personal taste, but thanks mate :D

Yeah man, no worries.

Like I said the 3rd/bottom build does swap Point Strike in place of Shred.
 "To Shred or Not To Shred" pretty much always seems to be a personal preference mod choice, heh. ;-)

Also probably doesn't need to be said but since I forgot to mention it before, when I use the BP on Nekros I always swap the non-combo-ed elemental (so in the caps it'd be Hellfire) out for Fanged Fusillade. And again with that 60-ish% status chance it seems to have no problems proc-ing Slash at all there.

11 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Yeah man, no worries.

Like I said the 3rd/bottom build does swap Point Strike in place of Shred.
 "To Shred or Not To Shred" pretty much always seems to be a personal preference mod choice, heh. ;-)

Also probably doesn't need to be said but since I forgot to mention it before, when I use the BP on Nekros I always swap the non-combo-ed elemental (so in the caps it'd be Hellfire) out for Fanged Fusillade. And again with that 60-ish% status chance it seems to have no problems proc-ing Slash at all there.

really cool mate, now lets just wait for damge 3.0 to make status even more usefull, status weapons are so fun to use, it is a shame that crit weapons eclipse them so much

It took a few extra Forma, but I use this ever since getting this Riven. The extra Forma actually allows me to swap Primed Cryo Rounds for a dash polarity 90% element or Fanged Fusilade, so I can change the element to suit.

pQo2TP5.jpg

Before the Riven, I always used 2x dual stat mods and the same 2x 90 elements, which gave me plenty of status, and decent damage. With the way status works, I would build for a single combined element (usually Corrosive) to ensure that any non-IPS proc was the one I wanted, rather than having multiple elements to pick from when it proc'd.

Sometimes I will swap out Heavy Cal for a primed Bane Mod, but generally Heavy Cal works fine on the Braton P. I swear by punchthrough, but appreciate Shred is personal choice.

Oh and yeah, I can swap the dual stats for Point Strike and Vital Sense if I want to go Crit, but I usually stick to status. I will take a critty cat with me though sometimes to make use out of that Crit multiplier :)

Edit: Sorry, I went "around the houses" a bit there, but what I was trying to say is I would go for a status/damage hybrid using 2 dual stats. I treat the Braton P crit as a nice bonus, but not really worth building for (imo). Imagine replacing my Riven with the 90% toxin mod, and that is what I would suggest.

Edited by Egg_Chen