The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr needs some changes?

bokute2020

I have played Zephyr a lot recently i feel good with her but there are things that bugging me:

1/ Her dive bomb isn't that useful to me. I never use it i think that skill should be changed. 

2/ Her turbulence is nice but uhh should it pushes melee enemies a little bit off your warframe? just a little bit the wind is so strong that it deflects bullets and uhhh energy weapons so why it doesn't do anything to those melee enemies and those flamethrowers too? Hey i don't say anything about making turbulence OP i just it should have a little affect on melee and flamethrower enemies

3/ This is just for fun: when activated those tornadoes will circle around with zephyr in the middle.Those 4 tornadoes will be close to her and move with her lol. A real storm moving all around the map

Zephyr player here! Let's see whatchu got!

36 minutes ago, bokute2020 said:

1/ Her dive bomb isn't that useful to me. I never use it i think that skill should be changed. 

If you don't mind me asking, change in what way? As in re-purpose Divebomb or get rid of it all together? Personally, I'd rather them take a good look at it and see what can actually be improved upon before even considering overhauling it. But that's just me.
I've seen suggestions like make it so enemies who are in range, stay afloat / be juggled by the air for a few seconds so you can get your bearings back via recover animation and/or your teammates can dispose of them (think Rhino's stomp but on a smaller and quicker scale), or have it do blast damage and rag-doll enemies away from you. Just to name a few.

2/ Her turbulence is nice but uhh should it pushes melee enemies a little bit off your warframe? just a little bit the wind is so strong that it deflects bullets and uhhh energy weapons so why it doesn't do anything to those melee enemies and those flamethrowers too? Hey i don't say anything about making turbulence OP i just it should have a little affect on melee and flamethrower enemies

You're not alone in this haha. Many players I've talked to about this would love to see this in one way or another. It doesn't have to stun-lock enemies like Nezha's Warding Halo does, but at least slow their momentum a bit (think like an encapsulated [Nova's] Molecular Prime). The fire bit is such a huge pet-peeve of mine haha. I think it should at least redirect it slightly off to the side or something.

Better yet, I always felt that if you have a burned proc, turning on Turbulence should clear that status effect. I don't know, I feel like that would be a nice little perk for our windy gal lol.

3/ This is just for fun: when activated those tornadoes will circle around with zephyr in the middle.Those 4 tornadoes will be close to her and move with her lol. A real storm moving all around the map

If anything, I'd love to see this as an augment haha. That would be really fun actually. Assuming if DE ever plans to look at Zephyr but they think Tornadoes is in a fine place lol. If that then make this an augment at least!

Anyways nice suggestions, and here's to hoping they take a look at her soon for some quality of life updates!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Personally, I would like to see divebomb being built into Tail wind. If you collide into an enemy or surface then divebomb is activated. Or hold the ability to activate divebomb.

To replace divebomb with another ability, maybe something similar to hallowed ground where a strong breeze is affecting an area that reduces enemy accuracy and has a chance to stagger. Allies standing in the area gain increased projectile speed.

I like the idea of slowing enemy movement when they get close with turbulence active. A good example would be Titania's tribute buff: entangle.

Her fourth ability is in a weird place at the moment. It's great when you want/need some crowd control but is annoying if you want to kill enemies quickly, especially with precision weapons. Perhaps add stagger chance and/or reduce enemy accuracy.when enemies are close to the tornado but not close enough to get ragdolled.

Edited by MrJxt

I can imagine the first two ability merged into one then give her a similar ability which slow down enemies like the frost globe. Or the turbulence buffed and can slow down nearby enemies and give an ability which creates extra speed for the projectiles and boost the others projectiles speed.

Also add some plus armor to boost her survivaliability. from 15 to 75.

Edited by Sziklamester

If you are interested I have proposed a rework of Zephyr myself:

I know that it is mostly blatant advertisement for my own thread, but I would love to exchange ideas about potential improvements for Zephyr. The general theme of my rework is to remove her mobility-skills (Tail Wind and Dive Bomb) from her active 4 skills & integrating them into her common movement set, adding 2 more skills to strengthen her bird/wind-theme and giving her interactions between her skills as currently her kit has only a correlation between the height she can reach with Tail Wind and the damage of Dive Bomb.

Personally I'd like divebomb to be reworked to a different skill. Currently I just use a ground slam with melee and do more damage. My idea as a replacement would be 

Updraft: A blast of wind sends enemies skyward around zephyr causing them to fly up and slowly fall.

What this would mean would be that Zephyr has a on command cc ability thats thematic, and would give her more of a wind frame feel. If I was DE I'd tie this new skill to her 1st ability turning it into sort of a mid air slash dash from target to target affecting airborne enemies

1) I use dive bomb when I either want to do a quick landing (as Tail Wind just keeps awkwardly pushing you against the surface and melee ground attacks take some time to swing and lock you with the animation when hitting the ground) or when I continue shooting horizontally but want to go straight down. But I agree that the ability is mostly marginal. If it were to be replaced I would like to see something team-friendly, like CC or a team buff. Just don't replace it with some crappy direct damage, just for the sake of changing it.

2) I like Tubulence as it is now, since the Galatine is all I need to protect myself from melee enemies. Of course I wouldn't mind a buff, but the ability is pretty much fine as it is.

3) I think that would actually be quite useful. Tornado would make a big step, if the location would be more predictable. It still doesn't help with killing the enemies, but it would gain value in terms of CC, which depends on reliability.

Some remarks of my own: currently every use of Tail Wind makes Zephyr less floaty, which ultimately limits your airtime. Since we now have a warframe that can outright fly, I think it's time to lose that limitation. And please don't turn Turbulence into a toggle (frequently suggested). Turning off energy regeneration and allowing it to be switched of through energy drains is not a buff.

To change dive bomb , i have something like these:

1/ Wind Blades: Like Nova's null star, those wind blades just circle around her and attack enemy

2/ Air Burst: so when this skill is activated weapons have a chance to trigger a small explosion around the enemy dealing damage and knock them down 

5 hours ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Zephyr player here! Let's see whatchu got!

If you don't mind me asking, change in what way? As in re-purpose Divebomb or get rid of it all together? Personally, I'd rather them take a good look at it and see what can actually be improved upon before even considering overhauling it. But that's just me.
I've seen suggestions like make it so enemies who are in range, stay afloat / be juggled by the air for a few seconds so you can get your bearings back via recover animation and/or your teammates can dispose of them (think Rhino's stomp but on a smaller and quicker scale), or have it do blast damage and rag-doll enemies away from you. Just to name a few.

You're not alone in this haha. Many players I've talked to about this would love to see this in one way or another. It doesn't have to stun-lock enemies like Nezha's Warding Halo does, but at least slow their momentum a bit (think like an encapsulated [Nova's] Molecular Prime). The fire bit is such a huge pet-peeve of mine haha. I think it should at least redirect it slightly off to the side or something.

Better yet, I always felt that if you have a burned proc, turning on Turbulence should clear that status effect. I don't know, I feel like that would be a nice little perk for our windy gal lol.

If anything, I'd love to see this as an augment haha. That would be really fun actually. Assuming if DE ever plans to look at Zephyr but they think Tornadoes is in a fine place lol. If that then make this an augment at least!

Anyways nice suggestions, and here's to hoping they take a look at her soon for some quality of life updates!

Lol true her wind is so strong that it can deflects bullets but why not flame :))) those missiles from bombard i was thinking like hmm the wind should (at least) redirect those missiles randomly because those things explode on impact but they just touch the wind so how can they explode :)))

16 minutes ago, bokute2020 said:

Lol true her wind is so strong that it can deflects bullets but why not flame :))) those missiles from bombard i was thinking like hmm the wind should (at least) redirect those missiles randomly because those things explode on impact but they just touch the wind so how can they explode :)))

I think they are redirected. But if you're playing with negative range (because of narrow-minded), it still explodes on the ground 5m from you so you're still taking damage.

His 3 shouldn't be changed. It's already in a terrific broken state with his augment (hello Simulor with 50m range or hitscan bows), I think it's completely fine like that.

His 1 and 2, on the other hand... Have to be changed. I never use his 1 because why would I ? And the 2, well it's more efficient to simply melee slam. Why not add a "wind trail" like a tornado along the path of our Diving ? Maybe redundant with Zephyr's 4 though...

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

I think they are redirected. But if you're playing with negative range (because of narrow-minded), it still explodes on the ground 5m from you so you're still taking damage.

His 3 shouldn't be changed. It's already in a terrific broken state with his augment (hello Simulor with 50m range or hitscan bows), I think it's completely fine like that.

His 1 and 2, on the other hand... Have to be changed. I never use his 1 because why would I ? And the 2, well it's more efficient to simply melee slam. Why not add a "wind trail" like a tornado along the path of our Diving ? Maybe redundant with Zephyr's 4 though...

hmm sometimes i stand quite far from the bombard and those missiles hit me directly when turbulence is still on may be just some RNG stuff here 

3 hours ago, bokute2020 said:

Heh, common misunderstanding here. Apart from the flame-throwers, there are only two things that Turbulence doesn't redirect; Grineer Hellion rockets (because they don't target, they carpet bomb, it's a bug) and the Scrambus/Comba Corpus 'swarmer' Detron shots, which target seek and Turbulence can't redirect because the animation over-rides it.

Bombard rockets and Napalm fire shots are re-directed. The problem is that they can be redirected straight into the walls or floor close enough that the AoE damage hits anyway. AoE and Aura damage is not effected by Turbulence, which is for balance so that Infested units can still drain her energy or proc toxic effects.

Flame-throwers, Hellion rockets and Swarmer Detrons are bugs, though, these should all be re-directed.

10 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Heh, common misunderstanding here. Apart from the flame-throwers, there are only two things that Turbulence doesn't redirect; Grineer Hellion rockets (because they don't target, they carpet bomb, it's a bug) and the Scrambus/Comba Corpus 'swarmer' Detron shots, which target seek and Turbulence can't redirect because the animation over-rides it.

Bombard rockets and Napalm fire shots are re-directed. The problem is that they can be redirected straight into the walls or floor close enough that the AoE damage hits anyway. AoE and Aura damage is not effected by Turbulence, which is for balance so that Infested units can still drain her energy or proc toxic effects.

Flame-throwers, Hellion rockets and Swarmer Detrons are bugs, though, these should all be re-directed.

Yep i agree with you 

Now here is another the fun thing i just pull out of my brain: You guys know the augment that breaks the big tornadoes into 8 small tornadoes right? Yep combine with what i said up there 8 small tornadoes circle around her and move with her those small tornadoes can't pick enemy up but sure they can push/ launch / knock enemy down lol or they can suck some enemies in and trap them in the tornado lol. A Tornadoes Wall